Hey everyone,

A while back I showed a few video clips and screenshots of WACAI in action, since then I have improved on it, but do not have the time to bring the product to completion. It is functioning fully as a automated AI bot, similar to counterstrike, just without team goals.

The AI has the following features:
* Pathfinding (table gets precaclulated by software and saved to a file that can be loaded at runtime)
* On the fly cover tactics - the AI will dynamically take cover whenever it needs it when in battle (i.e. when reloading)
* Flexible weapon support - The code for the weapons is very removed from the actual AI code, so coding your own weapons just takes a few variable inputs from the AI.
* Flexible animations - the AI supports strafing and backpedaling movement animations, as well as advanced movement vs. orientation animation handling
* A whole lot more....

Included in the release, there is a C++ SDK I began building, which is currently a framework well suited for porting the C-Script code to C++ and running the AI completely within a c++ setting. It also provides a great simple interface to the A6 engine for general game usage to code your games in c++. To use it, copy the appropriate header and lib files from your A6 sdk_engine folder to the WACAI SDK folder.

For commercial use, there is a $100.00 USD / title licensing fee, seeing as I am releasing hundreds of hours of work here . For non-commercial use, the software is completely free. Details of the license are included in a text file within the zip file.

There is also a very very incomplete API reference document, I started it long ago, but never finished it. It is in openoffice format, but I will release an update with some more friendly documents for those who don't use openoffice.

Here's the download:
http://www.worldawareai.com/WACAI_BUILD_0_7_2.zip

Cheers,
Rhuarc

I no longer post on these forums, keep in touch with me via:
Linkedin.com
My MSDN blog