Yes, the manual has lots of mistakes in it. This is just one of them. fps_max works fine at 1200 and I recall someone else having a screenshot of it at 1300 fps (or something extremely high). In my test, I used 1200 and got only 273 fps (with a range from 250-something to 290-something. Whether I used v-sync as on or off it made no difference. The d3d_triplebuffer setting made absolutely no difference. My 2D game is an excellent frame rate tester when in frame advance or paused mode.

In my case, however, I doubt I have newest the drivers (from 8/12/2004, supposedly mid-August, the ones off the CD) and Radeon 9600 XT on Windows XP Pro. ATI's website is not only hard to read (I always have to press control+A to select everything just to read it which is annoying - I gave the webmaster an E-mail a while ago and even called ATI's support about this (and known issues about the X800 and X850 thinking of upgrading) I haven't been there in a while so I don't know if this has been fixed or not), there isn't a download for Radeon 9600 XT.

This is something very weird. I posted this in the bug hunt forum I was told by JCL not to spam the bug hunt. It seems like others are getting this as well so there is something going on. Another question: did this only happen when you installed one of the public betas (6.40.4 I think) or did you get it without having installed the public beta? When I had 6.40.2, I never had this issue. With 6.40.4, I did and even with installing 6.31.4 (on top of 6.40.4), I get it as well. The only other option is to try the 6.22 update from the old downloads. This behavior is also causing the motion to be jerky when moving the camera around where it suddenly speeds up then suddenly slows down, and going erratic. Even with my speed display, it's going all over the place from 30 mph to clear up to 60 mph.

Does anyone else get this same thing?

"You level up the fastest and easiest if you do things at your own level and no higher or lower" - useful tip My 2D game - release on Jun 13th; My tutorials