I still recall the days when a 20 MB hard drive (that's right MB) was top of the line, and I used to have such a hard drive. A 2-floppy game was a big blow on this hard drive and it was very slow. Even today, we're getting into the terabyte range and hard drives could still get into the petabyte range still not being on the atomic scale (but very close to it). I don't recall the specs of the computer, but I know the model as Tandy 1000. Sound, back then, was nothing more than beeps and that sort of thing. Nowadays, sound cards can play sounds 192,000 Hz, 24-bit, 8-channel stereo with such clarity, it's almost life-like.

Physics cards would likely be in the same way. Like the oldest of sound where it was nothing more than beeps (likely with a 30 or 40 dB SNR), physics cards would be in this same way. As time would progress and development continues, it'd be more like sound cards supporting 11,025 Hz, 8-bit, stereo a few years from now and when the 202nd decade starts in 2011, it'd be more like sound cards supporting a CD-quality audio.

"You level up the fastest and easiest if you do things at your own level and no higher or lower" - useful tip My 2D game - release on Jun 13th; My tutorials