OK.

Morals exist. I said it.

They are not there because some big stupid god said they are.
They are not part of the universe like some lame fantasy novel.
They are certainly not built into some cosmic justice system.

Morals are a byproduct of love.

Well, more a byproduct of fear, as anyone can see by the way many religious folk see them.

Let me explain....

First of all, love:
We all have people we love, we all have things we love. Most healthy people love themselves. We all have a grudging love for our tribe, our society, even the rebels, who always seem more in love with the concept then the reality... but anyways, we all love. Love being merely a word for our midns forming a strong conceptual connection between our well-being and the well-being of something else - at times to the point where it's seen as more important. ie. you love a girl, truly love her, you want to see her happy more than you want to be with her.

Now, morals:
Morals, morals, morals...
look at every moral you have, and you can find some link to protecting something you love. I challenge you to submit one which is not so.
Example: murder - if you kill, you may be destroying your loved ones' views of you, you may be destroying your own life, you may even think so far as to realize the destruction you are having on society.
You abhorr murder in others because you fear that someday it might happen to you, or one you love, and even thinking that sends shivers down your spine. You may even experience empathy. The ability to realize that other people would also feel those shivers, and that those terrible feelings are nothing to the sudden disconnection of the actual loss of a loved one.

Of course, added to this for theists - is the fact that they fear the loss of their salvation, that they will be less in their lord's eyes, and worst of all, that they may be denied reunion with loved ones beyond the grave... Does this make them 'morally superior'??

No. For atheists, the fear is just as great, for we feel a cold certainty that we will NEVER see anyone we lose again. That any life we ruin is gone forever. We think how we would feel in these situations, and it is not pleasent.

When you love nothing but yourself, or when you believe that the only way to achieve the love of others is trough respect, and thus by force, this is when you can become 'amoral'.

Hitler? He was deluded. He believed that he was destroying all those lives to create a foundation for a future where all would be happy, where his love (power) would be permenant. The rage i mentioned before was there as well - I think he truly believed that the jews were destroying everything he loved. It's sad in many ways.

Are morals relative? The answer is apparent. They are relative from person to person based on what they love, and what they fear to lose, but some are more-or-less constant between societies because the vast majority of humans - when it comes right down to it - don't want to live in a world where anyone can kill them or a loved one on a whim.