Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Akow), 1,403 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Demo of my game #81303
07/13/06 22:57
07/13/06 22:57
T
tek Offline OP
tek  Offline OP
T

This is a demonstration of my Moses game, PLEASE be gentle with me this is my first game.

http://rapidshare.de/files/25777759/mynewgame.exe.zip.html

walk up and down = w - s
left and right = move mouse left and right
jump = spacebar
run = shift
shoot = left mouse button
pause = enter

First go forward past the instruction from God and when you see a blue platform go to it and enter the first level "Pharaohs Pyramid"
to defeat enemies shoot them except the scorpion, to defeat the scorpion jump on their heads, you cannot destroy the hands in the floor and ghosts you have to run from them.

There are some bugs like sometimes when you lose and have to restart you should just escape and run the game again.
Also im not finsihed with the first level so you will be trapped lol, I am gonna finish it maybe u guys can give me ideas what to do next
please feedback whether good or (gulp) bad

also remember that this is my first game but im also using it as a learning step to do better stuff in the future.

Last edited by tek; 07/13/06 23:21.
Re: Demo of my game [Re: tek] #81304
07/14/06 00:18
07/14/06 00:18
G
Grafton Offline
User
Grafton  Offline
User
G

Great for a first attempt. I think you desperately need to use a trace to keep
the camera from going into walls, and allow the camera to tilt also.

Not two, not one.
Re: Demo of my game [Re: Grafton] #81305
07/14/06 01:08
07/14/06 01:08
T
tek Offline OP
tek  Offline OP
T

thank you, yea the camera has been a problem for me that I would do anything to fix. I have tried asking here for help corcerning this problem.
do you happen to know a tutorial on camera or how I can fix this ?
i know how to do it in first person shooter but not third.

Re: Demo of my game [Re: tek] #81306
07/14/06 10:27
07/14/06 10:27

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

cute!

First lessons i've learned:

- moses can't walk on water!
- moses can't also step on stairs!

keep on your work, i miss the egypt people...

mercuryus

Re: Demo of my game [Re: ] #81307
07/14/06 11:34
07/14/06 11:34
Deutschland, NRW, Recklinghaus...
TSG_Christof Offline
TSG_Christof  Offline

Deutschland, NRW, Recklinghaus...
http://coniroot.de/~pirvu/au/scripts/razer_cam.zip
here is a link to a Camera code u can show it and use it free its from ressources side from Gamestudio i hope he can help u.

Re: Demo of my game [Re: TSG_Christof] #81308
07/14/06 14:11
07/14/06 14:11
Z
ZZZgames Offline
ZZZgames  Offline
Z

Hi .
The game is interesting in its gameplay and background.
The most obvious problem when you start to play is the camera i think.
The camera is too close from the ground so you should change the tilt of the camera or rise the target of the camera .
Then ,they already told you about the camera that pass through walls,thats bad but now you have good help for your code from the acknex unlimited resources.
I have too problems with camera, its not easy to make a perfect 3rd person camera .
I thought there would be guards in the first village but i didnot find them..
I entered the pyramid ,well it reminded me of the good old games like rick dangerous with traps and things ....
I could only make my way to the spikes room ..But i wonder something..
Did you model only 1 spike and copied it many times to fill the ground??
Because it seems like this method can eat some FPS(i fall from 45 to 20-25 FPS when i face this trap).Perhaps you use an event_entity for this trap thats why you make it that way...I 'm wondering if its doable to create one single big mdl with many spikes and its script says something like " if player position is inside x,y,z/my.x then player dies"..
The bird in the sky in the village ...nice detail
Honestly i got problems with my mouse when i play in the pyramid and jump..I dont know if the problem comes from the game or from my PC but in the pyramid sometimes its like i lose control of the player for half-second as he turns somewhere.
Well ,its your first attempt so its good .:)

Its a pleasure to play around with A6. zzzgames.ifrance.com : go try & buy Streetkicker
Re: Demo of my game [Re: ] #81309
07/14/06 15:06
07/14/06 15:06
T
tek Offline OP
tek  Offline OP
T

Quote:

cute!

First lessons i've learned:

- moses can't walk on water!
- moses can't also step on stairs!

keep on your work, i miss the egypt people...

mercuryus

That was Jesus that walked on water. but that would be cool to do.
yea the stairs really bug me, I have done it perfectly in first person shooter but in third Moses just don't seem to wanna walk on them, I will keep trying.

Later on I am gonna add egypt people, it's gonna be like a real town with people and egyptian guards oppressing them.

Re: Demo of my game [Re: TSG_Christof] #81310
07/14/06 15:07
07/14/06 15:07
T
tek Offline OP
tek  Offline OP
T

Quote:

http://coniroot.de/~pirvu/au/scripts/razer_cam.zip
here is a link to a Camera code u can show it and use it free its from ressources side from Gamestudio i hope he can help u.

cool thanks, I pray this works , ive been dying to fix the camera.

Re: Demo of my game [Re: ZZZgames] #81311
07/14/06 15:18
07/14/06 15:18
T
tek Offline OP
tek  Offline OP
T

Quote:

Hi .
The game is interesting in its gameplay and background.
The most obvious problem when you start to play is the camera i think.
The camera is too close from the ground so you should change the tilt of the camera or rise the target of the camera .

Yea I see that also, I definitely wanna change that. now that I am gonna put a cemera taht follows the player hopefully that would clear it up.

Quote:

Then ,they already told you about the camera that pass through walls,thats bad but now you have good help for your code from the acknex unlimited resources.
I have too problems with camera, its not easy to make a perfect 3rd person camera .

I wish it came as easy as first person.

Quote:

I thought there would be guards in the first village but i didnot find them..

I will add guards and people being opressed by them, I am just waiting to make a good guard model that looks realistic, I am currently studying modeling tutorials.

Quote:

I entered the pyramid ,well it reminded me of the good old games like rick dangerous with traps and things ....

Yea thats what im going for gool ol style adventure.

Quote:

I could only make my way to the spikes room ..But i wonder something..
Did you model only 1 spike and copied it many times to fill the ground??

Yea I think it's better to just draw a picture of spikes in .pcx and put that instead.

Quote:

Because it seems like this method can eat some FPS(i fall from 45 to 20-25 FPS when i face this trap).Perhaps you use an event_entity for this trap thats why you make it that way...I 'm wondering if its doable to create one single big mdl with many spikes and its script says something like " if player position is inside x,y,z/my.x then player dies"..

What i did was create one spike model and just placed it all over the hole, then I created one big invisible mdl on top of it and gave it the script that if I fall I restert the level.

Quote:

The bird in the sky in the village ...nice detail

Yea that was one of my first models I made.

Quote:

Honestly i got problems with my mouse when i play in the pyramid and jump..I dont know if the problem comes from the game or from my PC but in the pyramid sometimes its like i lose control of the player for half-second as he turns somewhere.
Well ,its your first attempt so its good .:)

I think it's that the eating of the fps I am gonna try not to do that instead make a picture of spikes try to keep it simple.

Re: Demo of my game [Re: tek] #81312
07/14/06 15:55
07/14/06 15:55
Z
ZZZgames Offline
ZZZgames  Offline
Z

How many spikes did you place all over the holes?
Because the problem might not be the polycount but more the fact there are many mdls due to many spikes ... thats why i told you to create one big mdl with many spikes and attach to it the spike script.

Its a pleasure to play around with A6. zzzgames.ifrance.com : go try & buy Streetkicker
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de