Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Akow, TipmyPip, tomaslolo), 788 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Batman Begins 2...The Dark Knight... [Re: sPlKe] #84017
08/14/06 21:54
08/14/06 21:54
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

Quote:

i really really am. im just glad holmes isnt returning...

She is returning, and I'm glad. She did a great job and having Wayne's best friend just disappear would be a bad move. Casting someone else to play her would be too. Word is is that she is "working out like crazy" to get ready for the beginning of filming in March. Preshoots start in January. Morgan Freeman is also returning.

The other new info is that there will be costume changes. The suit will be made to look more like fabric than rubber and it will not necessarily be all black. It was already a combination of a dark black cape and a greyish/black rubber, but it looks like they may be going(hopefully) the grey and black fabric route, although it is supposed to be the same basic suit..just evolved.

Batman on Film now has a Myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/batmanonfilm

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
The Dark Knight... [Re: Orange Brat] #84018
08/23/06 23:56
08/23/06 23:56
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

Quote:

Nolan has finally spoken publicly about the upcoming film, THE DARK KNIGHT. Via BETTERTHANFUDGE.COM, here’s a bit of what the director had to say:

Regarding the theme of the film: “I suppose in loose terms I can say it’s about things having to get worse before they get better.”

Can anything be inferred from the title of the film? “Ultimately yes. But I’ll leave that for people to infer The title has been chose very specifically. It’s quite important to the film.”

Will The Joker be different that past live-action interpretations? “Yes. I would certainly point to The Killing Joke but I also would point very much to the first two appearances of The Joker in the comic. If you look at where The Joker comes from there’s a very clear direction that fits what we’re doing very well.”

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: The Dark Knight... [Re: Orange Brat] #84019
08/25/06 17:58
08/25/06 17:58
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

and fact is that if you try to please everyone you wont have a good product.

Well, I have to disagree, Pirates of the Carribean II is a good example of how they can infact do almost everything right imho. It's is one of those movies who IS trying to please everyone if you ask me. It has action, humor, romance a good story and plenty of interesting events in it for everyone. They even did a pretty good job with Miami Vice if you ask me, but they might as well get rid of the Miami Vice title, it's a good action movie with plenty of interesting things, but it's not really like Miami Vice the series back then, but should it have been like that? (Okey, I admit Collin Farrel can't act like a tough guy at all, but his buddy fully makes up for that )

I'm really looking forward to this whole wave of movies, mostly sequel unfortunately, but hopefully very good once. Spiderman 3, Batman Returns 2: The Dark Knight, Pirates of the Carribean 3 and Aliens vs. Predator II and way more on the way ...

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: The Dark Knight... [Re: PHeMoX] #84020
08/27/06 13:21
08/27/06 13:21
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

To sum up the info below...Sean Penn was their first choice for Joker, and he passed, and the creator of Joker will advise/consult during the shoot. They're using the plotline of the very first Joker appearance from Batman #1 mixed with his "comeback" story from the 70s called "The Joker's Five-Way Revenge." That's the story that transformed him from an idiot(the 60s series Romero garbage) to the maniac that kills his own men and for his own perverse reasons. Elements of the "The Killing Joke" will presumably be thrown in, too, given that's the Joker back story one off.

Quote:

According to INSOMNICAMANIA.COM, Jerry Robinson -- who was instrumental in the creation of The Joker -- will work as an advisor/consultant on THE DARK KNIGHT...

“Our Best Source” is back with some interesting revelations:

“You might want to dig up one of my ‘scoops’ for you from a long time ago -- just after Goyer leaked that The Joker would be in the sequel.

If you recall, I let you know that they would be going back to The Joker's first ever appearance, in BATMAN #1 1940, as the plot-line for the sequel. They will also be mixing in some plot threads from The Joker's celebrated ‘comeback’ tale from the 1970s, ‘The Joker's Five-Way Revenge.’

You may also be interested to know that Sean Penn was their first choice for Joker, and passed.

Doing an article search on one-time candidate, Aussie Lachy Hulme, I also found an old article in an Australian newspaper comparing him to Sean Penn in terms of looks and acting style. Small world, eh?”

He's right on with that Joker inspiration info -- I remember distinctly that info. It's somewhere in the archives and I'll dig through them later and find his scoop (Unless one of you BOF'ers beats me to it). Anyway, I found this blurb on "The Joker's 5 Way Revenge" from WIKIPEDIA.ORG:

THE GREATEST JOKER STORIES EVER TOLD "In 1973, the character was revived and profoundly revised in the BATMAN comic stories by Dennis O'Neil and Neal Adams. Beginning in BATMAN #251 with the story "The Joker's Five Way Revenge", the Joker became a homicidal maniac who casually murdered people - even his own henchmen - on a whim, but enjoyed the battle of wits with Batman. This take on the character has been predominant since. Steve Englehart, in his short but well-received run on the book, added elements deepening the severity of the Joker's insanity."

Re: The Dark Knight... [Re: Orange Brat] #84021
02/15/07 02:13
02/15/07 02:13
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

Maggie Gyllenhaal (Donnie Darko, Secretary) looks to be the NEW Rachel Dawes (potrayed by Katie Holmes in Batman Begins).

Aaron Eckhart (Thank You for Smoking, The Black Dahlia) is 90% locked to play Harvey Dent/Two-Face. It's not confirmed by WB (nor is the first item above), but all the solid, inside sources are all saying the same thing.

No word on Morgan Freeman returning as Lucius Fox, yet.

Release date is July 18th, 2008.

Re: The Dark Knight... [Re: Orange Brat] #84022
02/15/07 02:53
02/15/07 02:53
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
o how sweet it is to know that holmes is out... how glad i am i cant tell you, but im sure you thougt of me when you read tat holmes i sout....^^

Re: Batman Begins 2...The Dark Knight... [Re: Orange Brat] #84023
02/15/07 14:57
02/15/07 14:57
Canada
Stansmedia Offline
Serious User
Stansmedia  Offline
Serious User

Canada
Bat man begins was a great movie (i thought it was going to suck, but I ended up watching like 10 times haha). AvP was good. Good because I knew before I stepped into the theatre it was going to be based on blowing stuff up and people getting killed and fighting aliens. I don't think Heathe Ledger would be a good joker cast, but I guess we'll see how he does.

On a side note, the movies Crank, Beerfest, and Clerks 2 are also very good. Especially clerks 2, silent bob is a master at film making.

Decessus - 80% done. 100% abandoned.
GET MY ANDROID GAME! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lasertrain.zspinballfree&hl=en
Re: Batman Begins 2...The Dark Knight... [Re: Stansmedia] #84024
02/15/07 15:15
02/15/07 15:15
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
Quote:

AVP was a good movie...
On a side note, the movies Crank, Beerfest, and Clerks 2 are also very good. Especially clerks 2, silent bob is a master at film making.

oh yes Silent Bob aka Kev SMith is a genious...

and AVP sucked big time, from a directing point of view... Anderson makes everything right a director can make right, but his pictures just dont live. they dont feel... oh and as an author he is horrible...

The Dark Knight... [Re: sPlKe] #84025
04/23/07 04:22
04/23/07 04:22
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

The first blurry image of Heath Ledger in an early incarnation of his The Joker gear leaked a couple days ago. It's kind of hard to make out what he looks like, but it's a start.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5530

Supposedly, some pages from the script have leaked online. I haven't read them, nor do I know if they are real:

http://www.filmick.co.uk/2007/04/side-after-side-of-rorys-first-kiss.html

Re: The Dark Knight... [Re: Orange Brat] #84026
04/24/07 01:16
04/24/07 01:16
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
yeah seen that a while ago... the script pages are real, they shot a few scenes of thos epages already^^

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de