Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, 1 invisible), 1,395 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: The Dark Knight... [Re: sPlKe] #84027
04/24/07 01:37
04/24/07 01:37
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

Yep, I've seen a few behind the scenes images from it. There's one of Ledger wearing his pre-accident, clown mask and getting into a vehicle. He's in the same clothes from the blurry image above.

I removed all the makeup test shots from my previous post, too. They all turned out to be fakes, so we'll have to wait a bit longer to get our first look at what the post-accident Joker will look like. These fakes are pretty convincing. I'm guessing they're aiming for this, although not quite as monstrous:

...or maybe even this... (and, yes, this is a joke...er...)

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: The Dark Knight... [Re: Orange Brat] #84028
04/24/07 13:10
04/24/07 13:10
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Hehehehe, I liked the Nicholson Joker, his appearance was very much like in the comics, however yeah perhaps he didn't take his role serious enough back then which seemed to have ruined it a bit. I do hope they will get someone with a similar face and smile though, that would be perfect.

(By the way, the best Batman villain so far in a movie was Mr. Penguin in my opinion...)

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: The Dark Knight... [Re: PHeMoX] #84029
05/20/07 01:03
05/20/07 01:03
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

The official Harvey Dent campaign site:

http://ibelieveinharveydent.warnerbros.com/

The Joker's hacked version. Go through the email verify process and take a pixel away. When they're all gone, it's believed the first official pic of Mr. J is what is left:

http://www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com/

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: The Dark Knight... [Re: Orange Brat] #84030
05/20/07 11:52
05/20/07 11:52
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

...and here's the pic...this is Ledger's Joker. It looks like his self-applied lips are kind of bat symbol shaped as a jab to Batsy, and the scarring is what forms the smile. There's talk that this may not be the final final look. This could be a "left for dead" moment with the makeup applied by a 3rd party:

Nolan said they were going back to the very first Joker story in 1939 as their main inspiration for the look, and except for the scarring (which is the modern Joker), they accomplished their goal perfectly:

Re: The Dark Knight... [Re: Orange Brat] #84031
05/20/07 13:03
05/20/07 13:03
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
that closeup is pretty strange., cant tell anything yet, except that things seem to turn out wuite good, wich is obvious.. its a nolan^^

ill wait for a better picture, but thanx^^

Re: The Dark Knight... [Re: sPlKe] #84032
05/20/07 13:13
05/20/07 13:13
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

Yeah, that's one thing to keep in mind: This is out of context, you don't see the hair, the "costume," the actual performance, eyes, etc. This could be a makeup test shot, it could specifically for the Harvey Dent, Too website, or it could be "left for dead" Joker as some have suspected (based on script rumors). The one question it definitely answers is what they were going to do about the mouth. I also wonder if the white skin is real or if it's applied.

There is a very famous Batman graphic novel called Arkham Asylum, and in it Joker doesn't have red lips or green hair. He only has white skin. He applies the other stuff himself, so there is a precedent for self-application of at least some of the famous Joker characteristics.

Now, they just need to release a picture of the new Batsuit. It will be lighter in color and more fabric-like as it should be. I want to see what they came up with for the Batcycle, too.

Re: The Dark Knight... [Re: Orange Brat] #84033
05/21/07 21:12
05/21/07 21:12
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

That I Believe in Harvey, Too site has been taken down, but highlight it for a surprise:

http://www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com/

There's supposedly a secret message somewhere in there that says something like see you in December or something like that. I guess we'll know what it's all about in 8 months.

Re: The Dark Knight... [Re: Orange Brat] #84034
05/21/07 21:51
05/21/07 21:51
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
it is. its written there, just with all those hahas... every now and then there is a letter wirtten thats not H or A and if your have them all...

Re: The Dark Knight... [Re: PHeMoX] #84035
05/22/07 04:39
05/22/07 04:39
M
Matt_Aufderheide Offline
Expert
Matt_Aufderheide  Offline
Expert
M

Quote:

however yeah perhaps he didn't take his role serious enough back then which seemed to have ruined it a bit

Lol, how the hell do you take something so stupid seriously? He did a great job.. the first Batman was only decent movie of the bunch.

Sphere Engine--the premier A6 graphics plugin.
Re: The Dark Knight... [Re: Matt_Aufderheide] #84036
05/22/07 10:59
05/22/07 10:59
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

Actually, no he didn't do a great job. Nicholson's Joker was not The Joker of Batman but Nicholson unhinged doing what he thought Joker should be like. I doubt JN knows anything about Batman and The Joker beyond what he watched of the Adam West show, so I don't think I trust him to give me an authentic portrayal. It's already Hollywood legend that he took the excellent Sam Hamm script and changed his part to suit what he wanted to do with it. His version was somewhere between a semi-authentic take (there are actual moments of authenticity after all) and goofy campy C. Romero from the 60s series. Hamm's original version was more inline with the character at the time. I'm not saying his performance was bad or that he wasn't funny, but Joker isn't really supposed to be funny and goofy (to himself maybe but not to those around him). I'm simply saying Nicholson's Joker was Joker in name and look only.

The best version of Joker, off the page, is Mark Hamill's from the Animated Series (and it wasn't until halfway into the series that he finally got it right..even he admits that in interviews...his Joker stunk in the first few Joker episodes), but I doubt Nolan/Ledger are going that route. They're going to give us the true, comic book version which is a psycho killer that just happens to look like a clown and doesn't dance to Prince songs and act like a goofy Jack Nicholson. You can't really pull off mass murder and a true psychotic personality in a "kid's show," so they really never got it truly right in the show, but it was close enough.

I liked the first Burton Batman movie and the one after it (and in some ways the 3rd one Batman Forever was more faithful than any of them but too campy and let's not utter Batman and Robin). However, with the exception of Mask of the Phantasm (Animated Series movie), Batman Begins is the most authentic and best Batman movie made. Given it has no relation to the previous four films, that should be of no surprise. TDK is shaping up to take the crown.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de