First - thanks David for the link to the lock on code. Tried it out and indeed it did solve problems with collision detection. Our little friend now stays in the corridors. But two "quirks" has developed. No matter where I place him, he sinks into the floor. Even if I place him several quants above the floor, he drops down into the floor. On inclines when walking or running, he rises to floor level, but on flat surfaces while walking or running, sinks again.

This is irregardless of using the p_collide.mdl assigning it player_action as in example level or assigning the action directly to player.mdl.

The second is at times when running, his sword "slips" out of his hand. It catches up but doesn't always stay attached.

EDIT:

I tried him in a simple room with a few objects for collision. He still sinks in and if I used the jump command (space bar) he jumps through the ceiling:

When I walk him out the door, he should fall, but continues walking as if on some invisible plane with no gravity:

Again - GREAT code. I will look through later and try a few things and of course post here if I find any solutions that work to others may benefit.