|
4 registered members (AndrewAMD, 3run, julienp, 1 invisible),
5,607
guests, and 0
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Glowing textures
#8654
04/09/02 00:44
04/09/02 00:44
|
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 395 Arlington Heights, IL USA
cbw
OP
Senior Member
|
OP
Senior Member
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 395
Arlington Heights, IL USA
|
Been a long time since I've been here Does anybody know if there is a way, if a texture is present on the level geometry, to give it a glowing effect? Sorta like this (green stripes): It's a Unreal Tournament picture and I have a really cool idea how to use this effect. I just don't know how to accomplish it. Any help is appreciated.
|
|
|
Re: Glowing textures
#8655
04/09/02 01:38
04/09/02 01:38
|
Anonymous
Unregistered
|
Anonymous
Unregistered
|
One possibility would be to have an animated texture but since A5 is not too great on that I would prefer the second method: First create the parts you want to glow and build it as an entity map. Place it into your level and write a little action that sets LIGHTRANGE to 0 and sets the entity's LIGHT flag. Then use a loop to have the GREEN or whatever value counted up and down. For bigger parts you should maybe place invisible blocks so that the collision detection works fine.
|
|
|
Re: Glowing textures
#8659
04/09/02 05:01
04/09/02 05:01
|
Anonymous
Unregistered
|
Anonymous
Unregistered
|
If you mean the shining part in front of the light they used sprites there.Put a Sprite on every site of the light(hey that's a rhyme ![[Big Grin]](images/icons/grin.gif) ).Don`t forget, the colours of the sprite must have a soft passage from black to the colour x(white green whatever you want).Hope I could help a little bit.
|
|
|
|