|
2 registered members (3run, Ayumi),
8,936
guests, and 2
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Re: A couple questions.
[Re: Magus]
#87312
08/24/06 04:57
08/24/06 04:57
|
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,738 Nashua New Hampshire
anonymous_alcoho
Senior Developer
|
Senior Developer
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,738
Nashua New Hampshire
|
Wow, you missed a good four or five years! A6 is more powerful, faster and more efficient in most cases. They updated collision detection, lighting, working with directX and even more. From the manual: Quote:
The main difference between A5 and A6 is the handling of polygon coordinates and lighting. A5 used its own algorithms for lighting and for converting polygon coordinates into screen space. A6 uses the DirectX algorithms for this, thus omitting the software world->screen conversion and lighting step. For this reason the A6 renderer is a lot simpler than the A5 renderer, but offers more features and can use T&L hardware. Very old 3D cards without multitexturing are not supported by A6.
If you download the manual, you can find which A4 instructions are no longer supported and find out what the changes are from A4->A5->A6.
Good luck!
"Oh no, it's true! I'm a love magnet!"
Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes
My name's Anonymous_Alcoholic.
|
|
|
Re: A couple questions.
[Re: Magus]
#87314
08/24/06 05:43
08/24/06 05:43
|
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 371 New England
Rad_Daddy
Senior Member
|
Senior Member
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 371
New England
|
You can publish using any version of Gamestudio. However, if you buy the standard edition, you will have to display an A6 watermark on the game at all times. If you upgrade to the extra edition, this no longer applies. However, in all editions except for Pro, you do have to display the A6 logo at the beginning of the game for 1 second. As for an audio editor, there is none available with the Gamestudio package. However, there are a ton of free editors you can find on the internet. The first that comes to mind is Audacity, at http://audacity.sourceforge.net/. This is a very good free editor. I use it all the time to record guitar, and while I do not have a very high quality mic, it still comes out good. Gamestudio does support various sound file formats. The standard edition only supports .wav and .mid, however. You will have to go all the way to commercial to do any better than that  . Anyways, hope this helps, Raddaddy
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider." Sir Francis Bacon
www.deckscapedesign.com
|
|
|
Re: A couple questions.
[Re: Rad_Daddy]
#87315
08/24/06 06:05
08/24/06 06:05
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 52
Magus
OP
Junior Member
|
OP
Junior Member
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 52
|
Yes it does. Do you mean throught the entire game the 3D MArk will be there in the corner or something or do you mean as a .exe pic cause if it is .exe than I could care less. And I'm sure I can find a converter to turn into the formats that it supports also your program should work so no complaints here so far lol TY a BIG TY. I will let you all know when I get A6 but for now I will fool around with A4 for fun. EDIT: Actually if I can get used to the starter edition or extra I can just upgrade later on. But what is the difference beteen Extra and Starter? Cause it does not explain much on the site other than download only and CD option?
Last edited by Magus; 08/24/06 06:10.
|
|
|
Re: A couple questions.
[Re: Magus]
#87316
08/24/06 13:31
08/24/06 13:31
|
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,738 Nashua New Hampshire
anonymous_alcoho
Senior Developer
|
Senior Developer
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,738
Nashua New Hampshire
|
Its a watermark on the screen
Extra has no watermark in left side of the screen. Extra can support terrains, standard cannot. Extra can go up to 1024x768, standard can only do 800x600. Extra can use Chunked terrain and geometric LOD, standard cannot. Extra is $40 more expensive.
And that is about it.
"Oh no, it's true! I'm a love magnet!"
Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes
My name's Anonymous_Alcoholic.
|
|
|
Re: A couple questions.
[Re: anonymous_alcoho]
#87317
08/24/06 16:46
08/24/06 16:46
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 52
Magus
OP
Junior Member
|
OP
Junior Member
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 52
|
Well terrain is important to big games and I do not intend to make a small one for my first BIG game lol. SO I guess I will get extra. Thanks again that is pretty much all the info I need till I complain that I need help on how to do this and this and this  .
|
|
|
Re: A couple questions.
[Re: Bot190]
#87320
08/25/06 00:23
08/25/06 00:23
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 52
Magus
OP
Junior Member
|
OP
Junior Member
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 52
|
|
|
|
Moderated by mk_1, Perro, rayp, Realspawn, Rei_Ayanami, rvL_eXile, Spirit, Superku, Tobias, TSG_Torsten, VeT
|