Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, alibaba), 1,426 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: hard or easy [Re: FeiHongJr] #89394
09/11/06 16:59
09/11/06 16:59
C
ChoasWeasle Offline OP
ChoasWeasle  Offline OP
C

what happens when i run it is it says trial version exspired and counts down to from 5 and then u have to clike ok and it just disapeers and ive tryed reinstalling it

and id rather use the modeler that comes with it beacouse it can put texters on my models and animate them which wings can not do, plus when i exsport my models from wings to blender the coulour doesent come out

Last edited by darkdonkey; 09/11/06 17:05.
Re: hard or easy [Re: ChoasWeasle] #89395
09/11/06 17:12
09/11/06 17:12
IL,US
FeiHongJr Offline
Expert
FeiHongJr  Offline
Expert

IL,US
Well that means youve had the demo for more then 30 days in which case you cant use it anymore. The 30 days shouldve been long enough to try out all the features and make a decision... If you just installed it then that means that either you or someone else had it installed before.

Are you just using materials... I havent used wings3d but I think it should work. However you have to have a UV map in order for the texture to show in 3dgs or whatever... I know for fact that blender can both animate and texture your models and export directly to mdl format. In fact I find animation and texturing much easier in blender then in med. Im pretty sure wings3d can do the same... Well maybe not export directly to .mdl but should be able to create animations and uv maps...

http://www.freewebs.com/otama_syndicate/index.htm - Each master to his own technique.

- Not me said the bee, Nor I said the fly.
Re: hard or easy [Re: ChoasWeasle] #89396
09/11/06 17:15
09/11/06 17:15
Germany, Luebeck
Xarthor Offline
Expert
Xarthor  Offline
Expert

Germany, Luebeck
Its a 30-days trial ... once installed the 30 days are running out after 30 days
Looks like you have already used it for 30 days so you have come to the point to make a decision:
buy it or don't buy it, thats the question

I agree with everything FeiHongJr said, but this:
"Well I hate to say this but I dont think med is any better.. If it is at all"

For me MED is quite ok, but I'm no modeler, so you shouldn't give anything for my opinion about a modeling tool

Re: hard or easy [Re: ChoasWeasle] #89397
09/11/06 17:53
09/11/06 17:53
Newport, N.C.
D
David Offline
David  Offline
D

Newport, N.C.
Don't know about it being hard or easy, that is all in one's perspective.
I find building an FM transmitter, tower, and studios easy but very time consuming and there is much meticulous work. Others look at the station when I am done and ask, "how in the world did you build all this, you must be a genious?"
No, I just read a lot and attended N.C. T&E, not to be confused with Texas A&M.
N.C. T&E is N.C. Trial and Error.
3DGS is the same, much reading, much time, ideas between other engineers (designers and builders) and a lot of Trial and Error.
As one input said, do not expect to get it down and put out a game in one year. Won't happen, unless you use all the template codes and make a simple 5 level game, spending 12 hours a day making it and not worrying about shaders or lights or texture line-up, all the detail work.
You may be able to do it, you are young and have a lot of "brain" space left.
I'm old, older than the guy that said he was 40. So my brain is not quite as fast at picking up things. Took me years to understand broadcast engineering and I still am far from all the answers.
Deligence, patience, willing to accept errors, and taking advice from the Experts, (of which I am not) will go a long way to your becoming successful.
I can only devote a few hours a week to this, but I enjoy making the levels and the game more than I enjoy playing each level.

God speed and happy gaming.

David Robinson

Re: hard or easy [Re: Xarthor] #89398
09/11/06 17:56
09/11/06 17:56
C
ChoasWeasle Offline OP
ChoasWeasle  Offline OP
C

aww so i cant use the trial version i havent even used it o well like i said im not going to buy something i cant test, lots of days searching througe google looking for another game engine. If i dont find any thing ill come back to 3dgs

Re: hard or easy [Re: ChoasWeasle] #89399
09/12/06 01:44
09/12/06 01:44
Nashua New Hampshire
anonymous_alcoho Offline
Senior Developer
anonymous_alcoho  Offline
Senior Developer

Nashua New Hampshire
Haha, you're still in school!

Sorry, just graduated High School four months ago, still abit high off that.

Anyways, I started with Gamestudio four years ago. I was 15. My only computer skillz at the time were in basic HTML. Now I'm somewhat good at it. I just experimented around with GameStudio. I have an RTS in the works (on hold due to college, Aviation Flight Ops major doesn't leave me much free time) right now.

It takes determination. if you are willing to stick with it and experiment, you can use this program.

My advice is to start making small games, do a few tutorials, do a few experiments, mess around with C-Script and eventually you'll get it.

And you won't find a free 3d game engine that works very well. Gamestudio was pretty cheap at 49.

Last edited by anonymous_alcoho; 09/12/06 01:45.

"Oh no, it's true! I'm a love magnet!" Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes My name's Anonymous_Alcoholic.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de