Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (AndrewAMD, gamers, Kingware, AemStones), 1,578 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia
19054 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Jesus Camp film trailer [Re: testDummy] #89468
10/26/06 04:33
10/26/06 04:33
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline
Expert
Ran Man  Offline
Expert

Coppell, Texas
@ PheMox
Yes, but historically not all the Indians acted the same. The "Cherokee Indians were mostly peaceful and did not act the same as the Apache Indians. I think the Cherokee's were smarter and realized the White people had supperior weaponry maybe?

@ testDummy
Quote:

Ran Man, Maybe you shouldn't insert your own word choices into dialog spoken by 'god' in software you produce. Some parties might consider such actions to be blasphemous and profane.

Hmnn, yes excellent point. I've been a little worried about that actually. Take for example this level I'm working on below. That jolly roger is animated and talks this below.

God --> HOW SHALL WE ESCAPE IF WE NEGLECT SO GREAT A SALVATION? HOW?!

So, God is talking through the "Jolly Roger".
It might freak out some hyper traditionals I think...

Now, Sure this actually is part of a bible verse, but no doubt that "traditional" folks might get mad. Well, I guess at least the atheist will like it maybe?

Quote:

HEBREWS 2:3
How shall we escape if we ignore such a great salvation? This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him.

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Re: Jesus Camp film trailer [Re: Ran Man] #89469
10/26/06 05:32
10/26/06 05:32
Alberta, Canada
William Offline
Expert
William  Offline
Expert

Alberta, Canada
Quote:

Count me in please!!!

Only if you help me mount this BFG I found. I hear it really does a number to them demons.

Check out Silas. www.kartsilas.com

Hear my band Finding Fire - www.myspace.com/findingfire

Daily dev updates - http://kartsilas.blogspot.com/
Re: Jesus Camp film trailer [Re: Ran Man] #89470
10/26/06 09:43
10/26/06 09:43
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

Yes, but historically not all the Indians acted the same.

Before or after white men screwed up?

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Jesus Camp film trailer [Re: PHeMoX] #89471
10/26/06 13:17
10/26/06 13:17
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
oh dear, phemox i kno neither of us wants this to turn into an argument, so im not expecting to make u agree with me here, but just clarifying a few things.

however, i'd like to point out that many Christians do admit to thinking they were Christians once and knowing they weren't really. most Christians would agree there's a big difference between just saying ur a Christian and being one.

secondly, i can almost guarantee that any "Christian" verses promoting violence that u can find are in the Old Testament. it isn't untrue, but it isn't what we Christians believe in doing. all that God wants us to do can be found in the New Testament. if u manage to find any violence promoting verses in the New Testament, read around them for their context. many well known lessons in the New Testament encourage "loving ur enemy", lessons of humility, and even so far as to "turn the other cheek" (tho most people wont actually do this).

also, im not saying that those Christians who misunderstand the Bible and do the wrong things are not Christians. they just aren't being very good Christians. it is through spiritual immaturity that they do these things, and they need to mature by reading and meditating on the Bible more.

must dash. bed time now. not expecting u to completely agree with me, but im sure u see where i am coming from

julz

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Re: Jesus Camp film trailer [Re: PHeMoX] #89472
10/26/06 13:44
10/26/06 13:44
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline
Expert
Ran Man  Offline
Expert

Coppell, Texas
Quote:

Quote:

Yes, but historically not all the Indians acted the same.

Before or after white men screwed up?

Cheers

Both white man and Indians were racist pigs.

Look at this article below for example:
Quote:

Native American tribes often fought against each other and then when the when the early colonists came, many of the wars became focused on driving the white man out of the land.

http://www.indians.org/articles/arrowheads.html

Those Indians really butchered each other before we got here.
It is documented by Mayan writings that the "Maya" Indians even "blood" sacrificed to death their Indian opponents.

No wonder they were called "Savages?"

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Re: Jesus Camp film trailer [Re: JibbSmart] #89473
10/26/06 15:35
10/26/06 15:35
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

also, im not saying that those Christians who misunderstand the Bible and do the wrong things are not Christians.

Well, actually that is exactly what you tried to tell me. Sorry if not, but then I've simply misunderstood you.

@Ran_man: Believe what you like, but just because there have been wars between tribes too, doesn't mean you can justify the butchering that happened once the white people came there. If war (crimes) are a sign of savagery, then take a look at the U.S. ... I know it'll make you feel bad, that's why you wish to deny it, but those indians were victims, not enemies...

Quote:

Native American tribes often fought against each other and then when the when the early colonists came, many of the wars became focused on driving the white man out of the land.

They 'often fought against eachother' is a bit exagerated. Yes, there have been some wars between tribes, but not more than we had in that time, probably much less. Chiefs liked to boast about pretty much anything, just look at the numbers in the texts, the amounts mentioned simply aren't possible. The 'historical texts' can't be trusted 100%.

Infact, if you knew a bit more about the Maya and other tribes of that period in time, you would have known that in those times large trading networks existed, pretty much the best sign of a pretty peaceful society. When you are at war, such things are not that easy to maintain.

Blood sacrifice was part of their religion -> I'm not saying it's right, but I do agree with you that religion is a sign of savagery indeed.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Jesus Camp film trailer [Re: PHeMoX] #89474
10/26/06 18:28
10/26/06 18:28
Canada
Stansmedia Offline
Serious User
Stansmedia  Offline
Serious User

Canada
Bastards. These people are going to end the world by 'corrupting' their youth. I feel sorry for the kids, because I don't think there ever going to know what free choice is like. It drives me nuts because I bet you all a dollar that very VERY FEW of those kids are going to come to there senses when they reach adulthood, and no matter what you could say would not convince them otherwise. Sheep is what they are, the religion tells them all these things that are wrong and THREATEN THEM WITH HELL so they have no choice but to "accept" God.

It's so sick.

Decessus - 80% done. 100% abandoned.
GET MY ANDROID GAME! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lasertrain.zspinballfree&hl=en
Re: Jesus Camp film trailer [Re: PHeMoX] #89475
10/26/06 19:18
10/26/06 19:18
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline
Expert
Ran Man  Offline
Expert

Coppell, Texas
Quote:

but I do agree with you that religion is a sign of savagery indeed.

Yes, it certainly can be...
Hopefully things will get better soon.
Perhaps I can help?

@ Stansmedia
Nobody denies free choice. Nobody denies free FUN also!

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Re: Jesus Camp film trailer [Re: Ran Man] #89476
10/26/06 20:39
10/26/06 20:39
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote: