It seems we have somewhat of an official reply.

Quote:

To clarify things here... when it comes to the User Contributions forum, the accepted use is both for Free and Commercial resources; this is the proper forum to post commercial resources in, commercial tools on the other hand are probably more appropriate in the Tools forum (however are still acceptable in the User Contributions forum).

-Rhuarc

Rhuarc posted this in the gun model thread just below this one.

I cant say I agree with this but the choice isnt really mine. If however enough of us to come together and voice our opinion prehaps this can be changed.

I looked up contribute on dictionary.com

Quote:

1. to give (money, time, knowledge, assistance, etc.) to a common supply, fund, etc., as for charitable purposes.
2. to furnish (an original written work, drawing, etc.) for publication: to contribute stories to a magazine.
–verb (used without object)
3. to give (money, food, etc.) to a common supply, fund, etc.: He contributes to many charities.
4. to furnish works for publication: He contributed to many magazines.
—Idiom
5. contribute to, to be an important factor in; help to cause: A sudden downpour contributed to the traffic jam.

Now maybe Im misunderstanding this but no where does it say a contribution is something that is given for trade or a fee ... Not sure about anyone else but when I think of giving something I dont expect something in return. Maybe Im wrong but I really dont see someone advertising as a form of contribution.

http://www.freewebs.com/otama_syndicate/index.htm - Each master to his own technique.

- Not me said the bee, Nor I said the fly.