|
2 registered members (Volkovstudio, 1 invisible),
16,975
guests, and 2
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Re: side scroll level
[Re: 007]
#89813
09/13/06 22:59
09/13/06 22:59
|
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,628 IL,US
FeiHongJr
Expert
|
Expert
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,628
IL,US
|
Yes it is... Look at ulis game. How ... well thats up to you really. If you learn c-script then it will be fairly easy to realize how. I made a mario clone awhile back if I can find it ill post it here maybe it will give you an idea of where to begin... Mind you I never completed it and theres still a ton of bugs. I can tell you that I got my movement code from grimbers fps tutorial with a few minor changes it was easily adapted. Ok found it. Just press ok to the missing wad... it should run fine with out it. I dont think I used anything thats not in the standard wad so you could just possibly replace it with that. I just had added a few extra textures to the standard wad and saved it as a new name. As I said theres still alot of bugs esspeically in the jumping. Youll get stuck mid air and hover over blocks... There were a few post on how I could fix this just never did them as it wasnt a serious project anyways... More of a learning expeirence. Mind you this was done all in one day so I really dont think its too bad concidering that. It might at least give you a starting point. Heres the link... Pisquali Bros... A crappy mario clone.
Last edited by FeiHongJr; 09/14/06 03:07.
|
|
|
Re: side scroll level
[Re: 007]
#89820
09/22/06 13:00
09/22/06 13:00
|
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 79
taipan
Junior Member
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 79
|
Isn't the fighting game in resources a "sidescrolling" game? I think you can download it and learn alot from it.
Good luck
- A 3D world can be flawless...I want to live there
|
|
|
|