Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, alibaba), 1,426 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 4
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: revolver. [Re: Grimber] #90278
09/16/06 23:20
09/16/06 23:20
IL,US
FeiHongJr Offline OP
Expert
FeiHongJr  Offline OP
Expert

IL,US
lmao Yea I remember the tommy gun model Too bad my skinning skills havent improved much if any... Tho I can at least get pretty decent Uv maps using blender.

I agree with the rear site. I noticed it my last post and was surprised no one else picked up on it I started messing around with the animation... Kinda had what you suggested in mind. Think I may go back and redo them... I esspecially like your idea for spinning the cylinder Sounds like fun.

Heres a lil preview of the animations Ive done so far. Has 3 anims at the moment... Idle,cock back and fire... I added the recoil but the idea of leaving that to the arm animation makes alot more sense... I think your right about creating the full hammer as well.

Thanks alot for the suggestions and all the comments Feel free to keep them coming.

I have a question. Would it be better to create one larger Uv map or say 2 smaller ones? Since we can use multiple textures now is why I ask.

.. For example one for the metal areas another for the handle... and make them both 256x256 or all in but but use a larger texture like 512x512

Last edited by FeiHongJr; 09/16/06 23:34.

http://www.freewebs.com/otama_syndicate/index.htm - Each master to his own technique.

- Not me said the bee, Nor I said the fly.
Re: revolver. [Re: FeiHongJr] #90279
09/16/06 23:43
09/16/06 23:43
US
G
Grimber Offline
Expert
Grimber  Offline
Expert
G

US
I would use 2 as you mentioned 1 for metal and one for the grips on the handles. then apply differnt materials for each (metal for metal, and a plastic for grips)

edited :

noticed in the animation the trigger and the hammer go back at the same time, they should work opposite to eachother ( pull hammer back, trigger moves forward.. pull trigger, hammer falls)

Last edited by Grimber; 09/16/06 23:54.
Re: revolver. Uv Map [Re: Grimber] #90280
09/17/06 02:17
09/17/06 02:17
IL,US
FeiHongJr Offline OP
Expert
FeiHongJr  Offline OP
Expert

IL,US
Thanks

Ok well think Im just going to leave the mesh as is... Its still kind of high poly but oh well. I just finished doing the uv mapping.. figured Id post it here. I went with the seperate idea...

Speaking of do you have to have two groups in order to use two texture maps?

If yes then will the open mesh affect anything or will I have to close the areas with faces... Really hate to do that since its allready over my idea poly count.

Anyways heres the uv maps... Now just gotta color them in.... Eeeek! Then to the fun stuff animating

http://www.freewebs.com/otama_syndicate/index.htm - Each master to his own technique.

Re: revolver. Uv Map [Re: FeiHongJr] #90281
09/17/06 02:32
09/17/06 02:32
US
G
Grimber Offline
Expert
Grimber  Offline
Expert
G

US
one mesh, 2 groups 2 texture skins, no don't need to close the groups just close the mesh overall

if you want me look at setting up the texture maps just send me the mdl of the gun I can even try my hand at painitng the skins if you have ref pics of how you wanted it to look

just pm me for link or i can pm you with email addy to mail it to

Last edited by Grimber; 09/17/06 02:35.
Re: revolver. Uv Map [Re: Grimber] #90282
09/17/06 03:31
09/17/06 03:31
IL,US
FeiHongJr Offline OP
Expert
FeiHongJr  Offline OP
Expert

IL,US
Thanks, I really appreciate the offer and might end up taking you up on that. First tho I want to see if I can do it myself. I have threw a generic texture on it so far... The handle and shells Im pretty pleased with tho the gun itself isnt looking so good in comparison.

Heres my results so far... Like I said not so good but its a start... Plan on adding more details in later for now just working on a base skin.

Im debating of a way to make it seem that the shells are shot off Ie(the dent in the back)... But short of animating every round and creating a texture for each round I cant come up with much.

If at all possible I was thinking of trying to possibly put it up on a few sites and see if I cant make a few bucks off this if it turns out well... I hate to charge for anything but I also would really love to make even a few bucks from my hobby here. I guess well see how it goes.

Last edited by FeiHongJr; 09/17/06 03:41.

Re: revolver. Uv Map [Re: FeiHongJr] #90283
09/17/06 03:39
09/17/06 03:39
Austria
Blattsalat Offline
Senior Expert
Blattsalat  Offline
Senior Expert

Austria
i like revolvers. more games should use those then thos modern junk missle stinger laser guide crap.
there is nothing a zombie needs more then a bullet out of a revolver drum

usually you dont need a big mapping for the knob. its most of the time covered by the hand.

so far i like it
keep it up

cheers and have a nice one

Models, Textures and Levels at:
http://www.blattsalat.com/
portfolio:
http://showcase.blattsalat.com/
Re: revolver. Uv Map [Re: Blattsalat] #90284
09/17/06 03:49
09/17/06 03:49
IL,US
FeiHongJr Offline OP
Expert
FeiHongJr  Offline OP
Expert

IL,US
lol, Yea me too. I think thats part of why I decided to make a revolver. That and I just dont see them too often.

Good point on the hand covering the handle didnt think of that ... Will see if I cant shrink it down to half its size at least.

I Really appreciate your comments.They mean alot coming from a modeler such as your self

Btw, Does anyone one know a good materials setting for metal and wood?

Last edited by FeiHongJr; 09/17/06 03:55.

Re: revolver. Uv Map [Re: Blattsalat] #90285
09/17/06 04:05
09/17/06 04:05
US
G
Grimber Offline
Expert
Grimber  Offline
Expert
G

US
well some tips that might help. re arange the UV mapping so that you end up with less seams and usualy try to get the seams on either a side you will never see or along an edge where a seam is easy to hide.

make a base filled image ( not showing the poly lines ) off of the poly mapping image. Layer them so you can see through one to the other ( solid filled aeras on top of the poly line mapping). you can then select one smaller area and then work that one piece, little area at a time, on its own seperate layer. some areas your texture may end up with several layers in itself to get the desired results.

don't rely on one paint program to do it all either. I use Gimp, Photoshop Lite 5.0 ( free version), dogwaffle, Pixia ( tehre are many others free to use)
each can do a few things easier or better than others, and most will allow you to move the image around in photoshop file format so can keep the layers.

Re: revolver. New Pics [Re: Grimber] #90286
09/17/06 05:32
09/17/06 05:32
IL,US
FeiHongJr Offline OP
Expert
FeiHongJr  Offline OP
Expert

IL,US
Thanks for the tips Blender has awesome Uv mapping tools too so it made it alot easier trying to hide them seams...

I decided to redo the uv map for the metal part... The handle doesnt look to bad at all and the only real visible seem is along the bottom of the handle

The metal area had a quite a few areas where seems were present... Hopefully the new layout will rid alot of them. I think I made alot more use of the space available as well.

Edit:

Ok been working on the new skin... Far from finsished... Still got to add details. The metal doesnt really look like metal either... But on the plus side theres no real visible seams from what I can see... Done for the nite my heads throbbing been at this all day.

Heres the new pics.

The skin thus far.

And a few shots from med.

Last edited by FeiHongJr; 09/17/06 07:11.

Re: revolver. New Pics [Re: FeiHongJr] #90287
09/17/06 14:14
09/17/06 14:14
IL,US
FeiHongJr Offline OP
Expert
FeiHongJr  Offline OP
Expert

IL,US
Argh... did I say I was done... ok I Took a lil break but couldnt fall asleep.

I redid the entire skin. Im liking the barrel but need to work on the cylinder and other areas.

Tried to add a material too it... But I have no idea what im doing with it... Anyways heres a few shots from med and in the engine.

Still got alot of work ahead.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de