Quote:

Also, if you buy the standard edition, you must display a small wattermark, A6, in one of the corners throughout the game.

This is true. I had used standard for the first year or so. The watermark isnt very big but is an eye sore. (I really think conitec should change it)

Id go with at least extra... its not much more. Alot of the perks commercial has can be worked around.. and well 899 dollars for pro is just insane unless you know for sure youll be making money back.

extra doesnt have bones animation but if you can use blender you can easily rig and animate your models there and export them to vertex animation... as Im sure you can do in other modeling packages too.

You are missing shaders as well but if you get to a point where you think your game might be going commercial you can allways update and add all the bells and whistles later.

However in defense of standard its a very good place to begin learning and again you can allways update if you decide your going to stick with it. There is a slight price increase updating from standard to commercial but its only like 10 dollars more then if you bought com up front.

http://www.freewebs.com/otama_syndicate/index.htm - Each master to his own technique.

- Not me said the bee, Nor I said the fly.