Quote:

Some of the screenshots on this Forum are incredible, would a character in such a detailed environment be as detailed using Gamestudio A6Pro?

A6 Pro cannot make characters, but it can display them, so yes. But a detailed character in a detailed environment would run slower and would possibly not work on lower-end machines, depending on the level of detail. There is a balance between level of detail and the speed of the game (FPS). You want an FPS minimum of 30 so your level of detail cannot exceed what would produce a game of less than 30 FPS otherwise it begans to be choppy. Example, a forest with 10000 low-polygon trees may run at 30 FPS. But a forest of 10000* high poly trees won't. A forest of 40 high poly trees might run at 30FPS but a forest of 1000 high poly trees will not. Its a balance between the number of models, the number of polygons in the model, the number of particals and the number of running functions and many other factors against the frame rate. The design of the game is based around getting a framerate of 30 fps or higher. If your framerate drops and begans to lag, you have to start sacrificing detail, reducing the particle effects, using fewer entities, and so on and so forth. Search for the "What Makes A Good FPS" thread that I posted about a month or so ago.

*note, the numbers are just randomly from the top of my head. They aren't tested, just there to give a general idea. actual limit of models is 4096.

"Oh no, it's true! I'm a love magnet!" Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes My name's Anonymous_Alcoholic.