Quote:

Terrain shadows are of course possible with any hardware, and have nothing to do with the shader templates.

Hm I didnt noticed that when I put block on terrain I am getting shadow from it onto terrain, or maybe i cant do it??
Also I am getting very bad shadows when I place model on a slope, shadow is simply not adjusted to the slope of the terrain.
So terain shadows ARE possible but they are useles in this state. And I absolutely agree with Matt that a lots of people is urging for good shadows.
So I highly support your statement that we will soon get shadows on terrain, and urge you once again to speed up things in that area because I feel that this issue is essential to make quality games with 3dgs. Even if engine is slow we could always play with nexus and get better loading times and FPS but with shadows there ar simply no options. Or we have 2 options: first is to fake them with shadow map in shaders, and second is not to use model shadows at all on terrains. But what if I want to place house block on terrain? How can I get shadows then without faking it?

DEXSOFT-GAMES.COM