1. true, the image does not offer too much detail. i used only the octree blocks of the engine and some lights. but even at this state, try to achieve the same in a6 in say, 4 or 5 hours, including learning the tool.
2. adding detail is no problem, as i can include static meshes which will have the same behaviour to light as the blocks, plus will have full collision detection, you will not be able to differ em from the normal geometry.

@ello: this was built with the latest exe, so maybe try it. shaders are on on default.
@vartan_s: actioncube is based on the prior engine, cubeI, so of course it looks and feels worse.
@Frank_G and maybenew: the texture resolution is defined in the engine, it does not szupport texture rotation, scaling, flipping nor other functions, you have to do it before you insert it or do it per script. a texture definition would look like this, including shader and specularity:

setshader bumpspecmapworld

setpixelparam 1 3 3 3

texture 0 dexsoft/floor4_d.jpg
texture n dexsoft/floor4_local.jpg
texture s dexsoft/floor4_s.jpg

if you wanted to rotate it, add a "1" behind the textures. this all may seem restrictive, but it's packed with advantages, e.g. speed, and the textures always fit. the tiles on the ceiling have only a resolution of 128², a wall is 256². do you see it? no, not really.

@expert: "people using FPS creator should take a look at it" true, for something different the engine is too unflexible.

i am not here to defend it, as it is not really a versatile game creation kit like a6, but i think it does very well _what_ it does, and i will use it instead of a6 for my shooter project(s) [if i ever come across one].

PS: to frank's advice, i reworked the lighting a lil.

see the lightmaps? rendered in 5 seconds.