by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (Nymphodora, AndrewAMD, TipmyPip, Quad, Imhotep), 847 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Want a new challenge - Shaders and WebGL #472745
05/19/18 21:41
05/19/18 21:41
D
DriftWood Offline OP
DriftWood  Offline OP
D

I'm looking for anyone how would like to explore shaders and webGL.

Basic - I have HTML5 Video that I'd like to render as a shader instead using WebGL. I'd like to cut the video into 4x 2D planes and use an animated Shader to render it. I want to avoid a video file. I'd rather the rendering be pure shader or *like synced set of 3dgs animated bmp sprite*.

It's pure Idea - I have no idea if this works or can work.

Why - I want to prevent or make insanely hard the downloading of videos from my website(Coming Soon). AND Defeat Every AD BLOCKER on the the web.

Payment - Yeah well, I'll sign a rainy day check. Honestly I can't pay my bills. That's why I stay up 32 hours a run to working to make an income source. HOWEVER, if this idea works the method will be valuable and I'll own none of it(um you will).

Not interested - Sure that's finre. You'll find challenges that stimulate you elsewhere.

In closes - Life is boring, so challenge yourself!

Re: Want a new challenge - Shaders and WebGL [Re: DriftWood] #472751
05/20/18 12:05
05/20/18 12:05
Deutschland
E
Ezzett Offline
Ezzett  Offline
E

Deutschland
Is the video created in realtime by executing code that draws geometric objects on the screen? Then just write this code into the shader.

Or is it something more complex like a prerecorded video? WebGL needs a link to a video in a <video>-tag to use it as a texture. This means the link to your video is visible in the HTML document.

You can make downloading difficult by setting up a video streaming service with DRM. But even then it's possible to record the video with the help of tools.

If you don't want other people to download the video don't upload it in the first place. Everything visible on a website is downloadable. Otherwise your browser couldn't even display the contents.

Re: Want a new challenge - Shaders and WebGL [Re: Ezzett] #472757
05/21/18 07:47
05/21/18 07:47
D
DriftWood Offline OP
DriftWood  Offline OP
D

***Facepalm***

I suppose I deserve that reply.

Quote:
Is the video created in realtime by executing code that draws geometric objects on the screen? Then just write this code into the shader.

The video is create as render using a 3d engine called Arnold for 3ds Max and could not be rendered in real time even in Unreal 4 so not at all in webGL.
Video is just an image sequence played/flipped at a rate. Instead of using a source image that is retargeted to / rendered to the canvas object I want to use a shader in code to draw each from in real time.

Quote:
Or is it something more complex like a prerecorded video? WebGL needs a link to a video in a <video>-tag to use it as a texture. This means the link to your video is visible in the HTML document.

Indeed it is pre-recorded. And yes I know about the video and the easy to access link. That is why I'm exploring a way to avoid the <video> tag.

Quote:
You can make downloading difficult by setting up a video streaming service with DRM. But even then it's possible to record the video with the help of tools.

Thank you for the referral and I will look at it. However, the idea is to explore unused solutions as you point out the current are already broken. I assume by tools you mean something that gets the source video and not a screen capture. Because yes at the end of the day anyone who really wants can use a screen grab.
Quote:

If you don't want other people to download the video don't upload it in the first place. Everything visible on a website is downloadable. Otherwise your browser couldn't even display the contents.

That is a terrible statement. It's understandable that the nature of technology means that nothing can be fully protected. However shall I tell you not to publish your game to Steam or the Apple store or the Play store because it can be cracked and dumped on the torrent network? Don't release it at all because it be cracked. Don't release your bands album, or anything. Don't publicly show or share anything you've created because if you don't want people to violate the law, your rights and every morels code, and take it or use it unauthorized. If you don't want your creative work stolen, don't share it in the first place.

Now maybe I was a little cross. But I understand the technology and how to use it. I was seeking to make accessing the video insanely difficult. Very hard. As troublesome as possible. I was asking if anyone wanted to explore using webGL and shaders in ways that have not already been implemented.
I called it a challenge. If you could Google an already achieved solution, than I would be an idiot and the challenge would be the ability to Google.

I understand it's a foolish idea. Countering downloading and AD blockers is a waste of time. It's not worth exploring. No one wants that. It's not challenging and completely without value. For me it's something I just don't have the time for tackling. Product production is taking most every second I have.

Thanks for the reply.
I dreamed the dream that never was...

Re: Want a new challenge - Shaders and WebGL [Re: DriftWood] #472765
05/21/18 10:10
05/21/18 10:10
Deutschland
E
Ezzett Offline
Ezzett  Offline
E

Deutschland
Originally Posted By: DriftWood
That is a terrible statement. It's understandable that the nature of technology means that nothing can be fully protected. However shall I tell you not to publish your game to Steam or the Apple store or the Play store because it can be cracked and dumped on the torrent network? Don't release it at all because it be cracked. Don't release your bands album, or anything. Don't publicly show or share anything you've created because if you don't want people to violate the law, your rights and every morels code, and take it or use it unauthorized. If you don't want your creative work stolen, don't share it in the first place.

You have to make it as easy and convenient as possible for others to enjoy your work. Illegal movie and music downloads are a lot less common these days because it is way easier to pay 10$ a month for unlimited streaming than to spend time to search and download a copy somewhere online. And most games implemented online verification to check that the player has an authorized copy of the game instead of using complicated code wheels or installing these terrible rootkits.

Originally Posted By: DriftWood
I was seeking to make accessing the video insanely difficult. Very hard. As troublesome as possible

In my opinion a content creator these days should made it as easy as possible to access and share the content. You want people to know and talk about your work as often as possible. And if more people know about your work it becomes harder for others to steal it and reuse it for their creations. People will call them out because they know the content was originally made by you.

Re: Want a new challenge - Shaders and WebGL [Re: Ezzett] #472795
05/23/18 17:56
05/23/18 17:56
D
DriftWood Offline OP
DriftWood  Offline OP
D

You are making me think! Which is why I still visit this site. The greatest minds in my life I met here.

Quote:
You have to make it as easy and convenient as possible for others to enjoy your work. Illegal movie and music downloads are a lot less common these days because it is way easier to pay 10$ a month for unlimited streaming than to spend time to search and download a copy somewhere online. And most games implemented online verification to check that the player has an authorized copy of the game instead of using complicated code wheels or installing these terrible rootkits.

Maybe this is true. Maybe I'm jaded. I've lived with so little so long maybe I've become used to the idea that boot-legging is a high margin. I'd never want to boot-leg software or game. I just feel the person that does is asking for malware or worse.

Quote:
In my opinion a content creator these days should made it as easy as possible to access and share the content. You want people to know and talk about your work as often as possible. And if more people know about your work it becomes harder for others to steal it and reuse it for their creations. People will call them out because they know the content was originally made by you.

As a single video I agree. However my product is a SITE. A site full of video elements. My business model is driven on site landing and visits. Anything that lets someone else collectively download and display these elements negates my site visits. So while sharing and word of mouth is great to bust traffic, at the end of the day I get paid by traffic visiting. I have a strong interest in both makings sure the content is singularly sourced at my site and ADs at my site play and can be clicked. What I've built is different in the best of ways and doesn't fit in another platform.

I don't know - You make me think and I enjoy it. However the math in my mind is Content at single site -> site visits = pay #Ensure content and drive site visits.

Thanks for your time

Re: Want a new challenge - Shaders and WebGL [Re: DriftWood] #473302
06/26/18 21:32
06/26/18 21:32
F
FBL Offline
Senior Expert
FBL  Offline
Senior Expert
F

about somewhat protecting your content... have you considered fiddling with asm.js?

You could use LLVM and Emscripten to compile some C/C++ app for WebGL. Emscripten emulates some standard APIs like OpenGL.

http://kripken.github.io/emscripten-site/

That's basically what Engines like Unreal or Unity do for WebGL deploy.

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de