Blocks compiled otherwise than original

Posted By: Anonymous

Blocks compiled otherwise than original - 09/05/01 07:02

While making a level in WDL, some blocks have to be placed LOWER than others to be at the same height after compiling.
I´ve tried to delete the block and make a new one, but the problem continues. The blocks are always placed right sideways (looking from above). But in height they sometimes go off place.
I´m using HIGH PREC while compiling. Any suggestions to what´s wrong, or someone that has experienced the same?
Posted By: Dan Silverman

Re: Blocks compiled otherwise than original - 09/04/01 21:38

While I have never had this problem in A5, I would recommend that you do not use High Precision. This option is known to cause problems and should only be used in extreme cases. Try building without HIGH PREC and let me know if things change.

Re: Blocks compiled otherwise than original - 09/06/01 09:08

High Prec is now a default for A5. I know it was buggy in A4, but are you sure it still is a problem. I think I saw a not in the readme.txt saying high prec was fixed at some stage.

In A4, I had alignment problems more than a few thousand quants from the origin. I posted a solution under something like "WED inaccuracies". Basically it involved building your world using a few large Map entities, as they have their own internal origin and maintain their internal consistency wherever they are placed in the larger world.

Gary.

Re: Blocks compiled otherwise than original - 09/07/01 09:54

quote:
The blocks are always placed right sideways (looking from above).

I will ass|u|me that you are also positioning them with the "back" and "side" viewports as well.
If not, there's your problem.
(But my bet is, you're smart enough to have already done that...)

Re: Blocks compiled otherwise than original - 09/10/01 23:28

Hi again!

DAN - I´ve tried to compile without the high prec setting, but the level is even worse.

GARY - In my computer with A5, the high prec works better than without on large levels!

- without high prec (*.wmp) blocks that I made are totally out of sync (stretched and displaced).

NEUTRONBLUE - yepp, I´ve placed the blocks from all the 3 directions!

Thanks for all ideas and questions, but still if someone has more ideas or has experienced the same please write something!

© 2024 lite-C Forums