Space sims

Posted By: Ireng

Space sims - 07/06/07 02:50

Aside from the fact that sound doesn't travel in outer space...
Spaceships shouldn't be able to decelerate by reducing engine thrust, or maintain the speed by a constant engine thrust, since there's no inercia to oppose any acceleration/deceleration.
Am I correct?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Space sims - 07/06/07 05:54

Yeah, there's no friction or air resistance in outer space since there is no air (constant engine thrust would produce acceleration).
Posted By: tompo

Re: Space sims - 07/06/07 09:42

Should be no sound, no normal acclelerates, explosions.. etc
But You know... Hollywood made that way (Star Wars) and now everybody doing this way to make this more "real" and spectacular even it's not true
Like explo when shooting at car's fuel tank, or someone flying 10 meters after hit with riffle
Posted By: Ireng

Re: Space sims - 07/06/07 17:26

Oh yeah, you're right, explosions require oxygen so they cannot happen. So that means that... what happens if a ship is struck by a missile?
Posted By: achaziel

Re: Space sims - 07/06/07 17:45

hm... good question.... but wait, what about the air inside the space ship?

nah, nevermind...

Re: Space sims - 07/06/07 18:09

I think it should looks the same when You hit the balloon (more air-pressure inside than outside). So i think It'll be veeeery vast "explosion" without sound and fire, maybe veeeeery smaal fire but burn down/out so quickly that you wiil be not able to see it.
Posted By: Felixsg

Re: Space sims - 07/07/07 11:01

But I you make a space game to real
for me are bored. not explosion not sounds?

can anyone send a missile to the space to any satellite
and see waht happens

Re: Space sims - 07/07/07 16:19

How I told... realism = boring
Hollywood teach as something and now everything "must" looks the same to be "real"
© 2024 lite-C Forums