Creating Characters and making then walk, run, etc

Posted By: alexryan14

Creating Characters and making then walk, run, etc - 07/12/07 19:12

Hey guys im new to this 3D game creator thing. I am having problems with creating characters and making them walk and run and stuff and making airplanes, creatures, etc. can someone help me out? thanks
Posted By: Nomad

Re: Creating Characters and making then walk, run, etc - 07/12/07 19:42

USe MED to model your characters (use manual to learn basics)
Check out the model 'Guard' in MED to see all the animation frames and how they are named, numbered and everything and you will have a great start.
Then, check out AUM to see how animations are called and used, theres lots of good articles in them to see.
Posted By: Spector

Re: Creating Characters and making then walk, run, etc - 07/17/07 18:36

Any paticular AUM in mind? None of them are specific about changing animations, and theres like 60 of them. Can you give us a good number?
Posted By: Blink

Re: Creating Characters and making then walk, run, etc - 07/18/07 00:43

there is actually 65 to date, i would recommend reading them all, you will learn a great deal. and they all have great workshops, especially the new ones.
as far as med, open med and look at the models included in the template_6 folder, they are great models to study and try animation trials on. the actions included in the template_6 folder are great to start off with, and worth studying in SED to better understand scripting.
© 2024 lite-C Forums