Populace

Posted By: Sajeth

Populace - 10/16/08 17:23

Whats up with it?
The site ( http://www.ecgames.com/products/ ) doesnt give a lot of information, and the "Buy Now" link is broken.
Is this a reliable alternative to the crappy build-in multiplayer?
Can anyone tell me ANYTHING about "Populace"?
Thanks.
Posted By: RyuMaster

Re: Populace - 10/16/08 17:51

LOL, those advertisers will never give up.

Re: Populace - 10/16/08 19:03

I am NOT an advertiser, I just dont get any information from this site - and I am very frustrated from the A7 network engine and looking for an alternative.
FYI: Populace is linked in the Download-Section of acknex.com ( http://www.conitec.net/english/gstudio/download.php#3rd ).
Whats the deeper sense behind advertising something that cant even be bought because the link to the shop is broken?
Please use your brain before you reply.
Thank you
Posted By: Samb

Re: Populace - 10/17/08 10:13

populace is useless.
got some bugs that makes it impossible to build a working multiplayer game. try GSTNet instead. it's very similar, just free. but as far as I know, nsf42, the creator, isn't around anymore... so no updates for GSTNet smirk

Re: Populace - 10/17/08 15:57

And GSTNet is A6 only, right...? : /
Posted By: fastlane69

Re: Populace - 10/17/08 16:28

Welcome to the wonderful wacky world of Gamestudio Networking. It will add grey to your hair... if you have any left after pulling it out in frustration. frown
Posted By: Dark_samurai

Re: Populace - 10/17/08 16:33

I can't say it often enough, build your own plugins wink
It's really easy and you will get something that's stable (of course if you make it stable ^^)!

Dark_Samurai

Re: Populace - 10/18/08 20:22

And if those plugins really are that easy... why aren't there any working and proven plugins out there?
And why the fuck did I invest ~500 $ in GameStudio, just to realize all that Multiplayer advertisement was pure bullshit?
God, this sucks.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Populace - 10/18/08 20:36

sry for offtopic,
but why i nfs42 gone?
Posted By: Carlos3DGS

Re: Populace - 10/21/08 09:35

Originally Posted By: Dark_samurai
I can't say it often enough, build your own plugins wink
It's really easy and you will get something that's stable (of course if you make it stable ^^)!

Dark_Samurai

I saw in another thread you had made an Enet plugin. Is there any chance you could share it?
Posted By: Dark_samurai

Re: Populace - 10/21/08 17:38

If you could tell me what you exactly want to do with it I can tell you if it's suitable for you.
There are some reasons (because of the internal architecture) why you can't do everything with it (f.e. a Serverapplication which doesn't need a level to be loaded).

Just write me a PM wink

Or look into this thread: http://www.coniserver.net/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=232436#Post232436

Dark_Samurai
Posted By: Locoweed

Re: Populace - 10/25/08 20:38

I would consider Populace dead for now, although there is some new improved code being worked on that is based off of it. Unfortunately, it won't be released for a long time.
Posted By: nfs42

Re: Populace - 10/27/08 18:29

not really true, i've had a long time without internet access.
but i'm now at home again and all sources are backuped ;-)
Posted By: Samb

Re: Populace - 10/28/08 00:06

@nfs42

O_O
contact me via icq as soon as possible wink
we got lot to do :P :]
© 2024 lite-C Forums