Nexus too small error when trying to run with 5.24

Posted By: SpaceJim

Nexus too small error when trying to run with 5.24 - 09/08/03 17:07

Ok this is pretty important because I'm actually sat in the clients offices right now . We have 2 versions of our game, one in A5.51, and its all tested and runs nicely, but they've got a few outdated laptops that can only run directx 7, so we've compiled another version in A5.24.

We built the levels in 5.24, and 5.51 still runs them fine. When we try running the A5.24 version it crashes when we try to load a level, and says 'Nexus too small'. It actually freezes and I have to restart the computer. And it doesn't matter how high I set the nexus.

If anyone has any help on this it would be appreciated, because we only have a few days to get it working. Especially help from Doug or JCL on this would be appreciated.

Posted By: EdP

Re: Nexus too small error when trying to run with 5.24 - 09/08/03 18:35

I assume that you have managed to build and run the 5.24 version on a 'standard' pc running only DirextX 7 without problems. If so, this suggests that the graphic chip-sets in the lap-tops are not handling some of your code. A wild-ass guess would be that your textures are too big for the laptop's rendering engine. Have you converted all your graphics to 8-bit for the 5.24 version? If not you may want to give it a try.
Posted By: SpaceJim

Re: Nexus too small error when trying to run with 5.24 - 09/08/03 21:34

Thanks EdP but thats not the problem, we cannot run the 5.24 version on anything at all, not even a high spec pc.

Posted By: jcl

Re: Nexus too small error when trying to run with 5.24 - 09/08/03 22:49

Build the levels, and save the models with 5.24.

If you want a game to run on two different engine versions, you should always create it with the lower version. This way it's guaranteed to run on both. Otherwise, if any level or model format has changed inbetween, it will normally crash on the lower version.
© 2024 lite-C Forums