crysis physics???

Posted By: MDMDFSS

crysis physics??? - 06/09/09 16:51

How did thay do that???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7HLWrldg...PL&index=22

or this, It has a so big energy that thay can let 3000 barrels drop!
3000 barrals
That is amasome!!!!
Posted By: Quad

Re: crysis physics??? - 06/09/09 16:58

3000 barrels may not be realtime but first video, you can do it by using crysis level editor yourself?

Re: crysis physics??? - 06/09/09 17:03

but is it passble to mack physic lick that with newton?
Posted By: Quad

Re: crysis physics??? - 06/09/09 17:12

yes...

but 3000barrels video says that it was 0.2 frames per second, means it produces a single frame in 5 seconds, then the video edited and postprocressed to 30 fps, it is not real time. (catapult like things are possible with newton)
Posted By: amy

Re: crysis physics??? - 06/09/09 17:14

Sure! With Newton 2.0 it's possible and Newton is more stable than the Crysis physics engine. In Crysis the physics stacks sleep and immediatly collapse if they wake up. They aren't able to stand on their own even if they are supposed to because many shortcuts are taken in the physics calculations.

But to be fair, Crysis already is several years old... Almost every physics engine (except for the one Gamestudio uses :)) can compete with Crysis physics nowadays.

Re: crysis physics??? - 06/10/09 13:07

I downloaded newton, but there is no code editor or somthing like that, how can I work with that???
Posted By: Helghast

Re: crysis physics??? - 06/10/09 17:28

Originally Posted By: amy
But to be fair, Crysis already is several years old... Almost every physics engine (except for the one Gamestudio uses :)) can compete with Crysis physics nowadays.

I've ALWAYS used 3dgs's ODE, it totally depends on the users settings if it looks shit or not... It definatly can compare with any other high quality phyiscs engine. Just need to devote the time to set it up properly (like anything in a game...).

regards,
Posted By: amy

Re: crysis physics??? - 06/10/09 20:04

Even with a lot of tweaking (which shouldn't be necessary) you can't get ODE 100% stable. It's buggy. It's really great if your customer complains about objects that rocket around for no reason and you can only say that you can't do anything about it.

It simply is the worst physics engine out there. The O(n) solver is very unstable and the O(n^3) solver is very slow (and still sometimes unstable). There are only two somewhat reliable collision shapes (box and sphere - how would you do those barrels? :)) and many other features are missing.
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: crysis physics??? - 06/11/09 05:29

I agree with Amy. It's unstable, sometimes when i make a physics ball it hangs in its place. And often crashes the engine. It looks ugly anyway.

I'm using ODE in my project now, until someone make a better wrapper, something better than ODE and Newton. Havok is cool, PhysX is awesome!! But i don't want a 20 MB driver just if i want to make a physics ball.

Re: crysis physics??? - 06/11/09 11:04

hehehee, ok, my physics things really stop after using boxes and spheres, probably the reason I didnt find it all that bad.

Also, my ragdoll was made with ODE, dont have a lot of trouble with that either...

but, from my professional work experience, Havok is not 100% stable either (agree it's alot better though :P).

However, I never had much trouble whatever I did (even in old A6, when i created car physics...).

regards,
Posted By: sebbi91

Re: crysis physics??? - 06/13/09 08:59

you got Havok working under A7 o.O

Cool ^^
I like Havok but cant get it working under 3d gamestudio ^^
Posted By: darkinferno

Re: crysis physics??? - 06/17/09 00:52

he didn't say he had havock working under 3dgs...

Re: crysis physics??? - 06/17/09 17:16

Originally Posted By: sebbi91
you got Havok working under A7 o.O

Cool ^^
I like Havok but cant get it working under 3d gamestudio ^^

I quote myself:
Originally Posted By: Helghast
...from my professional work experience...

So no, didnt get it running under 3dgs (I dont use 3dgs professionally :P hahaa, dont think I ever will at my current boss; it's not PS3 compatible :P)

regards,
Posted By: sebbi91

Re: crysis physics??? - 06/17/09 17:47

sorry
my mistake !
Should read it carefully in the next time ^^
© 2024 lite-C Forums