Wiimote won't pair with Lite-C

Posted By: Dillinger

Wiimote won't pair with Lite-C - 09/03/09 22:48

Got my Wiimote to work pretty seemlessly on my laptop. Bought a Bluetooth for my PC so I could run it there and couldn't get it to connect for days. Turns out, I'm running GameStudio on the Laptop and free Lite-C download on the PC. When I downloaded the trial for A7, it worked fine. I re-downloaded & installed the latest Lite-C just to be sure and the Wiimote refuses to pair.
All of the ackwii plugins appear to be up to date.
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: Wiimote won't pair with Lite-C - 09/05/09 16:29

That's because you can't use Wiimote support on Lite-C/Extra AFAIK.
Posted By: Dillinger

Re: Wiimote won't pair with Lite-C - 09/05/09 18:06

Ah, Thank you. It took me a bit to find the comparison chart that shows that the special devices category is only checked for the commercial version. I wasn't even aware that my wife had bought the $199 version.
If that is the case: that you can't run the Wii controller on the free version OR the purchased version of Lite-C, then it's kind of a mistake that it comes with those plugins. Also, you can hardly click on a word in the Lite-C script editor without all the wiimote commands popping up in the help list. For all appearances, it looked like it should work. Sent me on a wild goose chase for days playing around with GlovePie and BlueSoliel, trying different Bluetooth stacks, and going out and buying 2 different USB Bluetooth cards.
I guess I don't mind buying another copy for my PC. But it would have helped if that was a little more explicit somewhere: that Wiimote support only comes with the commercial version.
Posted By: FBL

Re: Wiimote won't pair with Lite-C - 09/05/09 19:38

Try using wiimote_connect and wiimote_disconnect manually in this case. MAybe it works then.
© 2024 lite-C Forums