ANET: Malfunction W1527 Lost connection to server

Posted By: Paulo

ANET: Malfunction W1527 Lost connection to server - 09/22/09 15:36

Hi,

I'm trying to connect a client to a server using the Anet plugin. I'm using the "Simple 3D Chat" from the Anet homepage. But when I setup a server and a client tries to connect he gets this error:

Malfunction W1527 Lost connection to server

I use win xp PRO, no router and turned off my firewall.
Anybody got any ideas or suggestions??

Thanks.
Posted By: Dark_samurai

Re: ANET: Malfunction W1527 Lost connection to server - 09/22/09 16:09

Did you installed the Visual Studio 2008 redistributable package?
Did you used the correct IP for connecting?
Are you sure that you didn't pressed [0] or [1] on the server (because this kicks clients)?

Re: ANET: Malfunction W1527 Lost connection to server - 09/22/09 16:33

- I installed the Visual Studio 2008 redistributable package.
- I used this website to get my ip http://www.myip.nl/
- No i didnt press a [0] [1].

I'm always having trouble with people trying to connect to my pc :s.

You got any suggestions Dark_samurai. I have a wirless router, should i connect it and forward the port?
Posted By: croman

Re: ANET: Malfunction W1527 Lost connection to server - 09/22/09 16:46

i suggest you do forward your ports. 2300-2400 if i'm not wrong. are you sure you disabled your firewall? is your windows firewall on? if you're using ESET SS try shutting it down completely before testing online. i know it's risky but i needed to do that sometimes...

Re: ANET: Malfunction W1527 Lost connection to server - 09/22/09 18:56

Are you sure that ports 2300-2400 should be forwarded? Cose, I've forwarded them and still the same error.

Re: ANET: Malfunction W1527 Lost connection to server - 09/22/09 21:48

It is all working in LAN but not via the internet. What am I missing?
Posted By: Hand_Of_Law

Re: ANET: Malfunction W1527 Lost connection to server - 09/23/09 14:00

Is the internet connection to your own PC or to a remote server, if remote are you sure the server is actually running ?

Re: ANET: Malfunction W1527 Lost connection to server - 09/23/09 20:11

The connection is to my own PC I dont understand what im doing wrong..
I've tried:
- Forwarding ports 2300-2400.
- Connecting without a router
- Both with the windos firewall off.

It shouldn't be that hard to start a server and let clients connect? I mean the Anet plugin has been tested and a good stable plugin right?

Re: ANET: Malfunction W1527 Lost connection to server - 09/24/09 15:31

It's not the ANet for sure. Something in your network and/or your configurations are wrong...

The problem is, that we can't help you that much because we are not on your pc and can't test.

Is your friend able to do a ping to your pc?

On the pc of your friend:
CMD->ping ENTERYOURIPHERE
(your internet ip not the one from your friend ^^)

Re: ANET: Malfunction W1527 Lost connection to server - 09/24/09 16:01

Thanks for the reply,

Yes, I'm very sure too that it got something to do with my network/configuration. My guess is that my modem is blocking all incoming connections. I had the same problem with XAMPP, nobody could acces my webserver :s. I'll post here if i manage to find a solution laugh

Re: ANET: Malfunction W1527 Lost connection to server - 09/24/09 16:02

Yes this is exactly the same problem. Maybe you can get some support from your ISP or your modem manufacturer.

Re: ANET: Malfunction W1527 Lost connection to server - 09/24/09 16:09

is the firewall on your router on? i have the option to turn on/off my router's firewall. you should look into that...

Re: ANET: Malfunction W1527 Lost connection to server - 09/24/09 16:23

I've forwareded the right ports in my router and also tried connecting directly without the router. So my guess is that the modem is the problem.

@Dark_samurai
Ye, good idea tomorrow I'll phone my ISP, it's to late now, maybe they know something. For now, hopefully google knows laugh

Re: ANET: Malfunction W1527 Lost connection to server - 09/24/09 16:25

access the router(if you know how) and see if your router firewall is on

Re: ANET: Malfunction W1527 Lost connection to server - 09/24/09 16:40

I've accessed my router and turned of my firewall and no changes but I found a manual on the internet to open the ports in my modem. Maybe ( hopefully ) that helps. If I remember correct I've already tried that but I'm not sure.

Re: ANET: Malfunction W1527 Lost connection to server - 09/24/09 17:32

www.portforward.com you can find manuals for PF for every router

Re: ANET: Malfunction W1527 Lost connection to server - 09/24/09 18:35

Thanks Croman, I forward the ports in my router, but it didn't work. Even when I connect my PC directly on my modem, turn off the firewall inside my modem and turn off the windows firewall. Still no succes.. Tomorrow I'll phone my ISP and if they dont have any answers, then I'm out of ideas laugh

Re: ANET: Malfunction W1527 Lost connection to server - 09/24/09 18:37

hey DarkSamurai, but why it gives him an error "Malfunction W1527 Lost connection to server". that should mean that he did connect to the server but he lost connection. if his friend cant connect shouldnt it be something like cant connect or cant find the server error message?

Re: ANET: Malfunction W1527 Lost connection to server - 09/25/09 09:06

To connect through the internet to your own IP usually fails, this is why the localhost connection (127.0.0.1) is a better option.

If you are having more than one PC, and can reacht the other PC over the LAN, there is another thing.
In your router you must not just forward the port, but also direct traffic from and to the IP of the server PC, otherwise the data gets scattered in your LAN.
Change the IP of the server PC to static, and then do not just forward the port but forward it with the internal IP of the server PC.
This way the incoming data gets directed to the server and connection should be possible.

If you have just one PC, either ask a friend to connect or rent a external server.

Re: ANET: Malfunction W1527 Lost connection to server - 09/25/09 10:25

Quote:
hey DarkSamurai, but why it gives him an error "Malfunction W1527 Lost connection to server". that should mean that he did connect to the server but he lost connection. if his friend cant connect shouldnt it be something like cant connect or cant find the server error message?

The disconnect event is also called if he tries to connect and fails.

Re: ANET: Malfunction W1527 Lost connection to server - 09/25/09 11:19

I've called my IPS and they dont have any information about connection from wan -> lan. Today I'm a little busy but tomorrow I'll go at it and try again. I have some ideas that might work. It's not Anet cose locally everything works fine. So it can only be my modem and/or router configuration. And btw I am the only PC in my network

Re: ANET: Malfunction W1527 Lost connection to server - 09/25/09 12:00

If you are the only PC, do not expect to be able to connect to yourself through the internet.

The only way to test is let a remote PC connect to your IP, or place the server on a remote IP.
My current project is working fine locally and on a remote server, but not if I try to connect to myself through the external IP.
To connect through external IP you need at least 2 computers in your network, of which one is forwarded.
This has nothing to do with Anet or 3DGS, its a internet issue.
Posted By: Gumby22don

Re: ANET: Malfunction W1527 Lost connection to server - 09/30/09 01:04

If your friend is also unable to connect to you, you might need to look at another way of hosting. I have had success using a PC with as simple a connection as possible - ie. one modem running on the computer itself, so no router between you and the world. If you can figure out a way for you to set this up, even if only while testing, you should have more luck... frown its painful I know.

Don
have a great day

Re: ANET: Malfunction W1527 Lost connection to server - 10/19/09 14:12

right, I know its been a while but i've figured it out, I know now what the problem was. And it was purely a modem problem not an Anet problem. My modems firewall is very complicated and anoying, but I've finnally managed to get the right ports forwarded.

So I'd like to thank everyone for there support!
© 2024 lite-C Forums