Problem with Physics engine in Spaceship

Posted By: painkiller

Problem with Physics engine in Spaceship - 10/31/09 12:08

Hi, i'm creating a space shuttle simulator using the physics engine included with gamestudio. Here is the problem, when im going at a X speed, sometimes with much speed, others with small speeds, the ship suddenly stops and i can rotate or accelerate the ship, i've looked into my code but there isnīt anything what makes an error.
Posted By: flits

Re: Problem with Physics engine in Spaceship - 10/31/09 12:42

if you load a wmb you are limmited to the max of the world
so every entity and block is added to the level boundreys

Re: Problem with Physics engine in Spaceship - 10/31/09 13:28

No, I think this isn't the problem, because sometimes it happens in one place and sometimes in another
Posted By: alibaba

Re: Problem with Physics engine in Spaceship - 10/31/09 13:46

look into the manual, there is a limit of the speed of the physic engine.but you can change the limit.

EDIT: Ah found it. Here look into the maual :

phent_setmaxspeed

Re: Problem with Physics engine in Spaceship - 10/31/09 14:57

I think phent_setmaxspeed isn`t the problem, because sometimes happens at very high speeds and other times it happens at low speeds

Re: Problem with Physics engine in Spaceship - 10/31/09 21:07

anyone?
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: Problem with Physics engine in Spaceship - 11/07/09 19:10

Physics requires the level to be inside of a sky block, a limit. I highly recommend you program your own physics for this, or you will have a very small galaxy

Re: Problem with Physics engine in Spaceship - 11/08/09 00:10

it's a good idea, but programming physics my-self will be very difficult
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: Problem with Physics engine in Spaceship - 11/11/09 19:44

Not entirely. c_move() gives you information about the point of contact, so you can use that to control collisions. there are some simple algorithms you can find online using the velocity (distance moved between frames, point of impact, and surface normals) to add some pretty good "bounce" physics. Obviously you'll want to tone down the bouncing with some friction (multiple the new velocity by a smaller number).

Collisions are really the only benifit you're looking for in a physics engine, and you're going to run into a lot of problems with using physics in a large open space.

Re: Problem with Physics engine in Spaceship - 11/11/09 20:31

I also use Phyisics engine because you can combine forces in different directions
© 2024 lite-C Forums