LOD not working

Posted By: Matt_Aufderheide

LOD not working - 11/12/10 19:27

For some reason i cant get LOD to work anymore. I have the latest version of A8 Commercial...i name my models something like this: crate_0.mdl, crate_1.mdl, etc...

I create the model crate_0.mdl at runtime.

I have tried various d3d_lodfactor settings and nothing seems to work; it always displays the first LOD step no matter the distance.
Posted By: Widi

Re: LOD not working - 11/16/10 13:54

The automatic lod works only with the pro.
Posted By: Logitek

Re: LOD not working - 11/16/10 14:15

Look at the aums. There you can find a lod booster. Donīt ask me which aum number it was. But if you donīt have the pro: The script would be the second best solution. Otherwise Pro.
Posted By: fogman

Re: LOD not working - 11/16/10 14:21

He does not want automatic lod, he just wants the normal lod, itīs there since ages.
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: LOD not working - 11/16/10 14:26

LOD Manager only works with Pro, but since he has made his own models LoD should work at the distances determined by d3d_lodfactor and camera.clip_far.

Sorry Matt, I haven't really used LoD before. Have you just put the files in the folder? Perhaps you need to make the script aware of them somehow -- such as with STRING declarations of their names. But that's really just a stab in the dark.

Jibb

EDIT: Ninja'd by fogman tongue

Re: LOD not working - 11/16/10 14:32

Yes i'm trying to use the normal LOD feature where you manually make several lod steps and call them something like model_0, model_1, model_2 etc...then the engine is supposed to automatically recognize them and display the LOD steps according to d3d_lodfactor.

This used to work no problem, but for some reason I'm trying it now on my new project in A8 and it doesnt seem to work.

Re: LOD not working - 11/18/10 14:44

can someone at least confirm whether they can get LOD to work in A8.03 commercial?
Posted By: Machera

Re: LOD not working - 11/18/10 16:10

http://tekupload.com/dosya/TutLevel.rar
this level works in a8 8.03. i made it from gamestudio wiki example.i know, u get an error this type of example but just try maybe it works.

Re: LOD not working - 11/18/10 20:50

Thanks, the demo seems to work fine, dont know why its not working in my own application.. at least I know it does work somehow tongue
Posted By: ratchet

Re: LOD not working - 11/18/10 20:55

Ihave commercial A8 and i've used LOD also without problem !
Perhaps it's due that you create the model at runtime ?

Try to put it in the scene with WED by importing the model and test agains ?
Try another name, another models to see what happens ?
Perhaps change the clipping distance that switch between LOD also ?
© 2024 lite-C Forums