Pathfind/Follow the Player

Posted By: 5510

Pathfind/Follow the Player - 04/11/11 16:14

I've done everything I programmed all the states and do they have to alternate the way I want, but I can't succeed in making the player do this enemy without hitting the obstacles such as walls and other enemies. I'm doing both a pathfinder that only active if the enemy does not see the player then it finds the shortest path to reach it.
I've done it follow the player just need it to find the way to the player if there are obstacles ahead.
I do not know if it is very difficult to make, but if someone can give me some tips on how to program the Pathfinder ...

Anyone?
Posted By: NITRO777

Re: Pathfind/Follow the Player - 04/11/11 16:38

Have you looked at the breadcrumb AI found in AUM magazine issues? Just go to AUM magazine and search for 'breadcrumb', basically the player drops invisible breadcrumbs which the ai uses to follow the player. If they are dropped at close intervals it makes for a very exact path to the player, and no pathfinding would be needed.

Re: Pathfind/Follow the Player - 04/11/11 18:34

Thanks, but I could not find the example of breadcrumbs. Could you please give me the link?
Posted By: NITRO777

Re: Pathfind/Follow the Player - 04/11/11 20:09

Sure!

Team allies breadcrumb code is AUM 76
Enemy breadcrumb is shooter template AUM 96 and AUM 97 You will have to do a little searching in the AUM magazine link address right here on this forum page grin Look left for links!

<-------
<-------
<--------
Posted By: Damocles_

Re: Pathfind/Follow the Player - 04/11/11 20:38

"breadcrump", funny name actually.

The Companion Ai I posted long ago used the same logic.

Its mainly about to use the players walked path (indicated by
dropped positiondata) to have the AI follow a meaningful way.

So the player is actually the Pathfinder.
And the AI is like a sniff-dog.

Re: Pathfind/Follow the Player - 04/12/11 18:41

Thanks, I'm adapting the code of AUM 96 for my project.
© 2024 lite-C Forums