physX_open() causes error

Posted By: TehV

physX_open() causes error - 06/25/11 14:15

Hi,
I've been trying to get the PhysX engine to run, but it just won't work. Every time I try to call the function physX_open(), I get an error that says that PhysX cannot be initialized. I've tried re-installing gamestudio and I downloaded & installed PhysX using the installer on the nVidia website. I still get the error. Does anyone know this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?
Thanks,
~TehV
Posted By: JHA

Re: physX_open() causes error - 08/20/11 09:31

Hello
Have you tried to make as simple as possible project first which would have basically just the main function and the physX_open() function, so that you can be sure that there is nothing wrong else where in your code?
Jarkko
Posted By: xxxxxxx

Re: physX_open() causes error - 08/20/11 21:23

I don't know but somethimes I get an error with physX_open when I've changed something at a block(I'm 99.9% sure that is has nothing to do with my code)...
xxxxxxx
Posted By: JHA

Re: physX_open() causes error - 08/21/11 15:23

ok
Have you tested some game from internet which uses NVidia's physics engine and does that work?
Posted By: 3run

Re: physX_open() causes error - 08/21/11 15:26

I was getting one, when I add wheels to car and used event flags on it.
Posted By: TehV

Re: physX_open() causes error - 09/19/11 16:00

Thanks for the replies!
The reason why this worries me is because I tested a piece of code that I downloaded from the gamestudio website somewhere. It was an example using the PhysX engine. I didn't modify it in any way, and I still got an error. I think it was inside the workshops, but I don't remember for sure (I posted this topic about 3 months ago).

Simply calling physX_open(); inside function main() {} without anything else also causes an error.
Posted By: rojart

Re: physX_open() causes error - 09/19/11 22:53

You mean this one, it works well for me.
Code:
#include <acknex.h>
#include <ackphysX.h>

function main() { physX_open(); }

© 2024 lite-C Forums