Import 3d Models

Posted By: marroc

Import 3d Models - 09/03/04 03:15

Is there a tutorial or something where i can find out what i need and what i have to do to import fully textured 3ds models into a6 ?.
I tried different things (import in milkshape->export as mdl) but nothing worked.

thanks
Posted By: Cyberkada

Re: Import 3d Models - 09/03/04 04:22

I tried Deep UV. Works OK in most cases, but its $800 for Deep UV, Deep Paint, and Deep Exploration) Converting models with proper skins is time-consuming. (less time to spend on code), but can be done in most cases.

3DS -> Deep UV -> MED (import .3ds). Save as .mdl. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

The other method is manually moving/ resizing the triangles into their proper location based on the skin.
Posted By: DEX

Re: Import 3d Models - 09/03/04 05:59

1 Are your model UV maped
2 If not then make skin and UV map model with MilkShape or LightUnwrap and save skin map
3 Import into med
4 Select View menu -> Skins -> select your skin file
thats all

If your model is already skinned just do step 3 and 4
Posted By: BHoltzman

Re: Import 3d Models - 09/03/04 09:35

I have Deep Exploration, Deep UV/ Deep Paint 3d. I bought the academic version of these. As far as I could see in the end user license agreement, there is no problem using this software for commercial projects.

I could be wrong about this, I just haven't found anything in the EULA that prohibits it. I got it in a software bundle for ~ $150. If you're a student or a teacher then check it out. It might be just what you want.
Posted By: Soulzero

Re: Import 3d Models - 09/10/04 08:55

The Ultimate unwrap3d is the best and it's only $39.95
http://www.unwrap3d.com/
Posted By: KeNiBu

Re: Import 3d Models - 09/10/04 19:40

How can i export a skinned model from med to 3ds?
want to have the skin in 3ds too...
Posted By: Soulzero

Re: Import 3d Models - 09/11/04 12:30

you will have to export the skin Separately as bmp,tga, or pcx. the 3ds file format only saves the mapping information.
Posted By: Spike1215

Re: Import 3d Models - 09/12/04 00:05

I used milkshape's planner(sp?) mapping and saved and imported as milkshape ASCII file in MED, I know it used to work perfectly, be sure to keep the textures and to name all the materials. it works pretty well, it's very easy. For me it doesn't work anymore, don't know what is wrong, it could be the 6.3 update. I, use, lots, of, commas.
© 2024 lite-C Forums