[free] seeking webhost for serverlist ...

Posted By: darkinferno

[free] seeking webhost for serverlist ... - 01/06/12 16:16

[lol that topic title sounded like paper add.. anyways]

I'm seeking a list of free webhosts for a simple game i'm making, i dont need alot of features, just need to store and access some gameserver information, i was gonna use x10Hosting.com but then i saw:

" We do not allow any type of bot or script that runs constantly, free hosting is for creating a website, not for hosting your scripts."

so if anyone has a list of servers OR some other server and wants to help me out, please, it would be helpful laugh
Posted By: Dark_samurai

Re: [free] seeking webhost for serverlist ... - 01/06/12 16:31

What about www.bplaced.net?
Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: [free] seeking webhost for serverlist ... - 01/06/12 16:39

I can only recommend bplaced.net wink

Re: [free] seeking webhost for serverlist ... - 01/06/12 20:33

ok thanks, am not trying to add the database file to phpAdmin but its saying:

Php Code:
Error
SQL query:

--
-- Database: `db_server`
--
CREATE DATABASE  `db_server` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci;

MySQL said: 

#1044 - Access denied for user 'test'@'localhost' to database 'db_server'  

Anyone have any experience with this ?
Posted By: SchokoKeks

Re: [free] seeking webhost for serverlist ... - 01/06/12 20:37

EDIT: Never mind, you were faster.

I can't really recommend it, and it's in german only I think.

Their servers are pretty slow at peak hours, and I think they are in germany so they might be even more slow in america.

You are probably better of renting a website with mysql and php for a dollar a month, there are several good providers for that, though i can't name any.
For Survive!, I have my own web server on a virtual server. You'll have to know a lot about server security when you do that, though.

Re: [free] seeking webhost for serverlist ... - 01/06/12 22:39

i just want it for testing for now, xamp always seems to get problematic for me but even then, a little online experience wouldnt hurt...

Re: [free] seeking webhost for serverlist ... - 01/06/12 23:23

for some reason i cant get any results with the Anet internet serverlist template, it always returns list empty, also i dont see any changes in phpmyadmin despite the program saying server was added, any tips ?

ignore that, it seems it was being blocked in some way
© 2024 lite-C Forums