Thinking about Multiplayer

Posted By: Dooley

Thinking about Multiplayer - 01/31/19 23:02

I am thinking about making a multiplayer game. I have dabbled with multiplayer before, but I never really followed through.

Currently, I'm using A7 Commercial, and I see that there are some important looking multiplayer commands that are not enabled without Professional, or A8.

I'm guessing it would not be worth trying to do this before I go ahead and upgrade. Is it even possible to do multiplayer with A7 Commercial? I thought it used to work, but now I'm not sure.
Posted By: Superku

Re: Thinking about Multiplayer - 02/01/19 14:52

Do you plan on releasing that game on Steam (and Steam alone)?
Then use the Steamworks multiplayer API and don't even look into the acknex multiplayer functions.
Posted By: Dooley

Re: Thinking about Multiplayer - 02/04/19 21:44

Oh ... good to know.
Posted By: kmega00

Re: Thinking about Multiplayer - 04/23/19 21:53

I've always believed multiplayer functions in A7 pro was awesome and not too difficult to figure out. I especially love how well data compression can work to increase networking performance and player capacity. I've switched to A8 pro and believe it's worth it especially for multiplayer and enhanced graphical performance capabilities.

I believe building a multiplayer game is a must these days although single player modes within any multiplayer title could be nice. Star Explores looks cool and I'm a die hard space sim fan since a kid. Would love to see it multiplayer one day. Would be so awesome :-)
© 2024 lite-C Forums