Sky and Water not working correctly?

Posted By: Preypacer

Sky and Water not working correctly? - 09/17/20 03:03

Hello,

Just put together a simple room with a sky and water, to get used to working with the editor, and noticed an issue.

The textures both clearly show their animation in the WAD preview, but when I compile and run the map, the sky texture isn't layered as in the preview, it just shows the flat 2D image, with the two layers shown static, side-by-side. Also, the water doesn't have the "wavy" animation in engine, even though it shows it in the WAD preview. It, too, is just a static texture.

I've looked at the surface properties and everything I can think of, thinking maybe there's a flag I'm supposed to enable or something, but no dice.

How are these textures supposed to work? I remember being able to just apply them, and the the engine did the rest.

Thanks
Posted By: Dooley

Re: Sky and Water not working correctly? - 09/17/20 03:35

Generally speaking, you should be able to find these answers in the manual.

I believe DOME is the flag you want to set for this...
Posted By: Superku

Re: Sky and Water not working correctly? - 09/17/20 11:28

Those animated textures don't work anymore, ever since the "compile meshes" level builder update if I'm not mistaken (A6 or early A7). You'd need to use a material now instead.
Posted By: Preypacer

Re: Sky and Water not working correctly? - 09/17/20 11:39

Ahhh okay. See.. The things you miss when you don't keep up with something tongue

Thanks!
Posted By: NeoDumont

Re: Sky and Water not working correctly? - 09/28/20 11:26

If you disable the "Create Meshes" Checkbox in WED's compiler options texture animation should work again. However, you may need to change the player settings, if you use the T7 player script (in Project manager), otherwise your player starts flying. At least I encountered this prob on my machine.

A8 Extra edition, Athlon XP 2200+, 512 MB Nvidea.

NeoDumont
© 2024 lite-C Forums