Game Not Starting [Conitec]

Posted By: Dooley

Game Not Starting [Conitec] - 04/12/21 13:54

I have a player (well, potential player) who is not able to start my game. Based on the feedback and information given, it looks like the problem has more to do with the engine than my game in particular.

Firstly, the loading screen with the A8 loading screen does not even appear.

They were able to run the game before, but had to remove their display adapter, and are now using an Intel HD Graphics 530.

I have more specific information provided by them, including the DxDiag.txt output. I am not really sure how to read this, and make sense of what's happening though.
Posted By: Emre

Re: Game Not Starting [Conitec] - 04/12/21 16:43

Hi Dooley,
I found an article. Maybe it helps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000030981/graphics.html
Also, (You may know that, but just in case I wanted to remind you.) if the user adds the -diag command to the game's shortcut as in the picture below, the acklog.txt file will be created.Then maybe you can know more about the problem. For steam, she/he can use launch option to enter the command.

[Linked Image]

Re: Game Not Starting [Conitec] - 04/12/21 19:31

Thank you!
Yeah, it might be something to do with missing DirectX 9 files. I also explained how to run the -diag, which I did not realize you could do in the published game, so hopefully we will learn something.

Re: Game Not Starting [Conitec] - 04/13/21 12:58

Yeah ... game is now starting but nobody knows why laugh
Posted By: Emre

Re: Game Not Starting [Conitec] - 04/13/21 14:44

Good to hear that. Perhaps there was a temporary problem with his computer/os.
© 2024 lite-C Forums