A7 prerelease

Posted By: jcl

A7 prerelease - 03/23/07 16:20

The announced A7 prerelease version can be downloaded here:

http://server.conitec.net/gsa7/a7pre.exe

The version is free for users who purchased or upgraded to Gamestudio Extra, Commercial, or Pro since February 2007. You can install the prerelease just like the A6 trial version, and unlock it with your key.

Please note: This is _not yet_ the official Conitec A7 release. It's like version 6.50, but with the A7 ABT engine and the new lite-C language. You can compile and publish lite-C programs with it. It's compatible to A6.50, so you can use it for your current projects - at least in theory. Try it at your own risk. Have fun!
Posted By: D3D

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/23/07 18:01

I want play with A7 too, hardly can't wait until final release
Posted By: Dark_samurai

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/23/07 18:16

To bad, I have bought my version of A6 too long ago...
Will A7 be released this year?

Mfg Dark_samurai
Posted By: Doug

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/23/07 19:55

A7, the successor to the A6 engine, will be released in 2007.
Posted By: Grafton

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/23/07 22:59

Will there be any more public updates to A6?
Posted By: Frederick_Lim

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/24/07 03:17

When I launch SED I got the following error:

Posted By: Matt_Coles

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/24/07 04:59

Are we able to get an A6 commercial upgrade to A7 comm soon on the shop?

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/24/07 10:22

Some answers:

- More updates for A6: Yes.
- MSVCP71D.DLL not found: yes, the prerelease contained a wrong SED. A new version was uploaded.
- A6 Com -> A7 Com upgrade in the online shop: Yes, we'll offer such an upgrade, but I don't know when.

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/24/07 12:10

In WED, I cannot select Project Manager, and the Camera Move button cannot push down. I tried reinstall but same. And some error messages in wed.log, what's that mean?

Quote:

load dll: WDLV.DLL
Can't load library <C:\Program Files\GStudio7\WDLV.DLL>
System message #126:
The specified module could not be found.

Posted By: TheThinker

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/24/07 14:46

Hi,
Its's a small question, but important for me.
When I click the about button in WED there appears apanel with my edition info:

Gamestudio SYBEX extra 7.01

Why Sybex. I am sorry, i hate sybex. I was sybex user since a4 gamestudio. I was happy to be able to update my software now with the real edition.
And now this cruel about info ...

(Don't take it too serious )
MfG
Patrick
Posted By: Scorpion

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/24/07 19:36

is the release date determined yet?
(I hope not cos i wanted to buy it... )
Posted By: Andreas C

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/24/07 23:02

So, how about a special "pre-release" upgrade price for current A6 owners (since some of us have been using A6 for a number of years ... and some even A5 before that. )

Cheers,
Andreas

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/24/07 23:32

yeah what Andreas C said was what I meant.
Posted By: FinalGod

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/24/07 23:56

Very nice that only new users can use it-thats the thank that some buyed A6 to early? Not only that updates takes VERY long until they get released, now the old users don´t get anything? Wondering anyway-is it going with A7 the same way as it has gone with A6? Forecasting some features that are than maybe in A8 or maybe A9 finalized?

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/25/07 00:14

I've been using Gamestudio since A4, actually A3! A4 was released not long after. I agree with the comment that its looks unfair that the long time users don't get a taste of A7. Perhaps this is because this is just an pre-release, and the upgrade program isn't finished yet? Well when the time is there, i'll have your money ready

One question though:

Right now I have key.exe file, will it be replaced by a normal xxx.key file in A7? Because the structure of the main gstudio directory has changed. Like /bin/ isn't there anymore.
Posted By: Yu_Une

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/25/07 00:43

When the A7 released how much we talken? About the price of the Comm upgrade or? any confliks with the Comm upgrade, if any?
Posted By: Salva

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/25/07 11:23

Yes, I agree with you also I am an old user of 3dgs from the release A3, I have still the professional release! and now seem me bad the idea that we, old user doesn't can try the new release of 3dgs! doesn't seem to you?

salva
Posted By: Bot190

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/25/07 12:40

what i don't get, is that if only new users get the prerelease, there new, there not going to be able to test it realy, and what if they run into a problem, there going to think, This software is buggy. thats my appinion. yes i know alos people that ugraded get it, but how many people upgraded?
Posted By: Clemens

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/25/07 13:28

But you didn't pay for it! You only paid for using A6 for a long time.

The people, who bought it in the last weeks/month, couldn't use A6 as long as you did. So because they were really near to the A7 release, when they bought GameStudio, Conites is generous and give them A7. As a result of that Conitec had to decide an order date, until which the free A7 upgrade is included.

Or do you have an other idea to handle that?!
I think it's just nice and nothing standard...
Posted By: Tobias

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/25/07 13:34

Yes I also have A6 for years and am now very angry that I don't get A7 free.
I remember I was also angry when I had A5 and A6 came out.
I know I will be really angry when I have A7 and A8 comes out.

Conitec, don't do this to us! No more new versions!

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/25/07 13:34

Guess you misunderstood Clemens, i'm not asking for a free copy. I just want to get in and get a taste of A7 too. I have my money ready for the upgrade A6 -> A7 Commercial. Furthermore, we are long time users and let not forget that we kind of supported the engine longer than those newcommers did. True we have A6 longer, but included were the problems

If someone purchase A6 right now or few months ago, it's really not bad idea to give them a free upgrade to A7 when its actually released. However, I think it is a little strange though that Conitec is now pre-releasing sth to those buyers and forget about us. Like we are not important anymore.

I'm sure there is a good explanation for this behind the scenes. Perhaps it cost Conitec more money to do both. I think if the newcommer download the trial (purchase license) and download the same upgrade as we did it would be more logical. Obviously I can't look inside Conitec office and didn't visit marketing meetings with them, so i'm not sure about reasons.
Posted By: XPress

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/25/07 13:37

I had upgrade for 3 month for 100€ from my old A5 Com, and now the next upgrade for many €uros again?
Posted By: Bot190

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/25/07 13:47

what im saying is your not going to be able to test it as well.
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/25/07 15:51

Nobody is getting A7 for free. Conitec has always offered users who bought a previous version a couple months before a new version is released the next version for free. This is a fairly standard practice I've seen at many places.

The mistake in this instance is giving these new users a "pre-release" version of A7. Older users shouldn't get this pre-release because then Conitec would be giving it away for nothing; however there should not have been a pre-release version for non-beta testers period. There should only be a final release version that everyone has access to on day one of official release (new users and upgrade users).
Posted By: Team_GamesArk

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/25/07 15:54

Hi Tobias,

I'm a owner of Conitecs Engine since A4 and this in com-editions, then
i have upgrade to A6 Pro (799€) and i think the new update will cost
me 450€ and that makes me not happy.

Frank
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/25/07 19:16

Quote:

I'm a owner of Conitecs Engine since A4 and this in com-editions, then
i have upgrade to A6 Pro (799€) and i think the new update will cost
me 450€ and that makes me not happy.

If you don't need to upgrade, then don't. If you like A7 then you'll have to pay for it, be glad it's only 450€ and not 500€ or 600€, because not all companies give an version upgrade for half price ...

Cheers
Posted By: Salva

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/25/07 20:32

Then you don't have understood still? this is a strategy of sale, if the people buys the release A6 now, then can receive the release A7 free, we don't buy the release A6 two times, and then touches us wait for for the final release of A7, we don't want the release A7 for free, but at least to be worthy to test it!

greet

salva

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/25/07 21:14

Just to be clear on my points:

I do not expect an upgrade to A7 for free.
Getting a testversion is not important to me.
I started out with A5 standard, moved on to Commercial and then ended up buying the PRO version (can't recall if it was A6 or still A5 ... it's been sooo long).

I was merely inquiring about so-called pre-release pricing. This is something that is not uncommon. A company offers a new version for a special price NOW, to be delivered in, let's say, JULY. The company gets some working cash, the user gets a special price.

For example, I just purchased a pre-release upgrade of a 3D modelling application for 99$ that will cost 149$ afer it has been officially released.

I'm not asking for free lunches - just some free icing on my 3DGS-cake !

Many of us "old time users" have seen 3DGS evolve and were happy to support Conitec's efforts. Especially A6 has offered a very good basis for producing good quality 3D-applications (games, visualizations etc.). I'm looking forward to upgrading to A7 sometime in the future, but also have to admit that a special deal would have been nice (and please don't argue that the current upgrade scheme is such a "special deal" ... it has been Conitec's standard upgrade policy ... it's good ... it's standard for Conitec... therefore nothing special - in sense of "out of the ordinary").

Cheers,
Andreas

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/25/07 21:14

Short story: it just doesn't work like that.

Quote:

we don't buy the release A6 two times

I understand neither do I, but the free upgrade to A7 is meant for either new customers or customers who've upgraded so recently that it would be unfair nót to give them A7 for free. It has nothing to do with customers who have bought A6 a long long time before A7. Those customers can get A7 at half price anyways, new customers don't have that luxury and the unfairness of buying A6 slightly before the release of A7 and not getting A7 is gone ... Sounds fair to me, sorry,

Quote:

I'm looking forward to upgrading to A7 sometime in the future, but also have to admit that a special deal would have been nice

The "special price" thing is so 1998, but yeah why not.

Cheers

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/25/07 21:41

Quote:

Quote:

I'm looking forward to upgrading to A7 sometime in the future, but also have to admit that a special deal would have been nice

The "special price" thing is so 1998, but yeah why not.

Cheers

Go figure ... I'm just such a relic from the last millenium

Hmmm ... maybe good things don't need to be changed ? And it's still a valid marketing tool ... trying to get additional customers to purchase your product, who may otherwise elect not to do so.

The trick with that is trying to figure out at what time and at what price you will actually generate more revenue, because all the other people who would be willing to buy your product at the higher price will, of course, jump on the bandwagon and also buy at the lower price ...

Cheers,
Andreas

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/26/07 04:07

Quote:

In WED, I cannot select Project Manager, and the Camera Move button cannot push down. I tried reinstall but same. And some error messages in wed.log, what's that mean?

Frederik: I can not confirm the Project Manager problem. Can you check the size and date of WED.EXE and WDLV.DLL? It should be:

WED.EXE - 1436 KB - 22.3.07
WDLV.DLL - 757,760 Bytes - 17.2.07

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/26/07 05:46

I checked both files the date and size is correct.

I install it on my office PC and reproduce the same problem and error log.

I attach the dxdiag file of the office PC. (scroll down to see download link)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/x5axfa

I found 6.59b beta same, cannot use Project Manager, as well as cannot push down the Camera Move button.

It is strange that if I copy the lite-c beta wdlv.dll to A7 folder, the Project Manager works.

Another problem:
I move the .key file to another folder, then start MED it prompt trial expire. I move the .key file back to A7 folder, and I can't launch MED now, it keep prompt trial expire dialog. No affect to WED and SED.
Posted By: nuclear_winter

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/26/07 07:17

I cant download the demo with my A6 login.
Can someone help?

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/26/07 07:54

@n_w: I think only users who recently purchased A6 within the past couple months can download it. They have a different A6 key than regular users, and I'm guess special name/pass privileges for the download. If you want A7, you'll have to wait until Conitec announces/allows upgrade pricing from A6->A7.
Posted By: ello

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/26/07 07:54

Quote:

I cant download the demo with my A6 login.
Can someone help?

of course you can't
Posted By: MaxF

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/26/07 14:51

Or buy the upgrade now from A6Com to A6Pro and you should still get the download for A7Pro.

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/26/07 15:50

Ah... thanks OB,
that's what happens when i dont read the posts.
I thought there was a prerelease demo available to A6 users.
Posted By: slacker

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/26/07 23:30

Quote:

The version is free for users who ordered or upgraded to Gamestudio Extra, Commercial, or Pro in the last 2 months.

hmmmmm.
Posted By: TheExpert

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/27/07 00:21

some basic questions of a 3DGS fan :

-Will A7 commercial have same limitations as A6 :
1 phys object , no render to texture ?

-when A7 will be available , will we find all basic tutorials in Lite-C like the actual very good C-script tutorial help (chm) file ?

-how will it cost to people that alreday own commercial from some years ?

-will it have a multitexture terrain editing and tool like in BV engine or old
Torque engine ?
(ready to go , no script to do or attaching actions or anything , just select
texture and number of layers and paint , defrom terrain like BV engine)

- Why not deliver a A7 beta demo for everyone , to allow all people to test it ?

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/27/07 00:49

Quote:

when A7 will be available , will we find all basic tutorials in Lite-C like the actual very good C-script tutorial help (chm) file ?

No need to wait A7.

http://server.conitec.net/down/litec.zip
Posted By: P_G

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/27/07 08:04

What about mirrors in A7? Will there be mirrors in the commercial version?

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/27/07 10:08

The old A6 mirror method is still supported by the current A7 Pro, but will be abandoned in a future A7 version. Instead we recommend doing mirrors with shaders and render-to-texture, as in the current mtlFX template. This will also work in the A7 Commercial edition.

When A7 is officially released, there will be also an A7 trial version. Until then, you can test A7 with the free lite-C version. It also contains the A7 prerelease engine.

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/27/07 19:43

Quote:

Until then, you can test A7 with the free lite-C version. It also contains the A7 prerelease engine.

what does that mean?
Posted By: Machinery_Frank

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/27/07 20:44

Quote:

Instead we recommend doing mirrors with shaders and render-to-texture, as in the current mtlFX template. This will also work in the A7 Commercial edition.

Does that mean that render-to-texture will make it into the commercial A7 edition?

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/28/07 06:40

sounds like it will. maybe i'll downgrade if there is a special price offer for a6 pro to a7 com ...
i hope to see a feature comparison soon
Posted By: William

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/28/07 08:30

Glad to hear that render-to-texture will go for commercial, I'm sure more neat shaders will result due to this, good for the community.

Although, I agree with Ello, with this and Physics gone there isn't as great of an incentive to buy Pro. Though, i'll still need multiplayer, so will make the upgrade to A7pro for that.

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/28/07 10:59

If render to texture is in commercial I want in the beta!
Posted By: ventilator

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/28/07 11:10

Quote:

sounds like it will. maybe i'll downgrade if there is a special price offer for a6 pro to a7 com ...
i hope to see a feature comparison soon

i think you will be able to upgrade a6pro->a7com for ~100€ but if you later need a7pro i am not sure if you still could get a6pro->a7pro for ~450€. maybe your pro would be lost and you would have to do a7com->a7pro for ~800€?

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/28/07 11:48

you may be right, but at this point i am not able nor willing to invest ~450€ until i have seen what is there here in the forum. in the past i was fast because of the feature difference, but this time i'll stay calm;) at least i hope i can as i am not very strong at such things

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/28/07 15:39

Render to texture feature available in A7 commercial that's awesome
Posted By: HeelX

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/28/07 15:41

unrealistic?
You get full physics support! (JCL said that ^^ not I)
Posted By: ventilator

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/28/07 17:13

Quote:

you may be right, but at this point i am not able nor willing to invest ~450€ until i have seen what is there here in the forum. in the past i was fast because of the feature difference, but this time i'll stay calm;) at least i hope i can as i am not very strong at such things

it's the same for me. i am not eager to spend ~450€ to get old school BSP rendering (which has always been my biggest complaint about 3dgs) as killer feature. i will wait a while after the release and see how everything turns out.
Posted By: White_Wolf

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/28/07 17:51

Need A7 DX 10 and a DX 10 graficcard?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english
Posted By: PrenceOfDarkness

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/28/07 18:34

OMG... stop crying already...

For those of you who are upgrading to A7 when it comes out and you already have A6, then just buy A6 again... and now you get the preleased version just like the rest of us. Then when A7 comes out you get it free... I DONT SEE A PROBLEM. As for old users who want to test A7... NO PROBLEM! When A7 comes out i'm sure there will be a 60 day trial like always, it's just a bonus for people who "already bought" A7.

I was planning on getting pro when A7 came out because I didnt wanna buy A6 pro and then A7 pro upgrade. So i waited until it was offically said by JCL that if u get A6 pro now u get A7 pro free. So in a way I bought A7 (sorta like pre-ordered it), and alot of people give a little something more to pre-orders. This of it like pre-ordering A7 if you buy A6 "again". Another reason to buy A6 again is because A7 will probably cost a bit more then A6, if u buy a6 and wait for ur free a7 you'll probably cheat conitec out of a few bucks lol.

STOP COMPLAINING IF UR GONNA ORDER A7 ANYWAYS, THEN JUST BUY A6 AGAIN AND GET THE PRERELEASED A7 NOW, INSTEAD OF WAITING FOR THE OFFICAL RELEASE AND BUYING A7 THEN ANYWAYS, IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE!
Posted By: NITRO777

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/28/07 20:21

Quote:

It's compatible to A6.50, so you can use it for your current projects - at least in theory. Try it at your own risk. Have fun!

Sounds scary. Oh well, Im not afraid; downloading now...

Quote:

Although, I agree with Ello, with this and Physics gone there isn't as great of an incentive to buy Pro

shhhh, they might hear you and then they might change their minds.

edit:Runs fine on my current 6.50 game. There are some minor differences to work out, but after an hour or two of tinkering I have it running fine. I had some unpredictable behaviors with using the "result" internal variable and some path scripts. So everything did not migrate 100% but so far they are just minor things. Overall I am very happy with the upgrade. I will have to start learning the lite-c now I guess.
Posted By: Hani

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/29/07 08:04

Hi,
I want to ask you about any new improvement in the SDK cause,
I want to abandon the scripting language and use Borland Delphi and C++ instead, I want to use A6 as a render engine.
In the future I will use A7, so I want to know what are you going to do with the SDK

Thanks a lot
Posted By: TheExpert

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/29/07 20:19

in fact what will be the limitations of A7 commercial against A7 Pro ?

and for terrain editor ready to go like BV engine, Torque engine , will A7 have one , or will we have to wait users to make one ?

Ok let's wait Summer 2007 or christmas to try a A7 trial version !

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/30/07 02:47

JCL I think you should try to release a chart showing A7 extra/com/pro edition capabilities asap. This way people know exactly how much they need to save up for which features. Of course I don't care I got my A7 pro edition
Posted By: Damocles

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/30/07 08:08

People stop complaining about the limited prerelease.
The policy to let current buyers of A6 use the A7 prerelease is to
boost sales for A6 now. (Also fair for current buyers, since A6 is soon outdated)
Else a lot of people would not buy A6 in this time (would wait to buy), as A7 is about to come. In
the end Conitec could loose potential buyers at all.
It is the same with car models, for example when Mercedes brings out a new C-Class,
the old C-Class Models get all kinds of extras for low price.
Posted By: Sam_Be

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/30/07 08:11

ea whats new in the a7? is it better? and what is new?
i have gs extra since 1 1/2 month and i want to instal the a7. so can i install it beside the a6? then i can test a7 an if i don't like it i can turn back to a6.
thanks
sam
Posted By: William

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/30/07 10:56

Quote:

ea whats new in the a7?

I'm not sure if EA knows what's new in the A7. But perhaps they know whats new outside the A7.

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/30/07 11:00

ea = yes
Posted By: alpha12

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/30/07 19:16

perhaps conitec can give special price when a7 ea released?especially for non a6 free upgrade list,last time jcl said the normal upgrade prices is arround 50% of normal price,maybe on ea conitec can give reducing into 20-30%?

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/30/07 19:20

what????????????????????
froget that "ea".
i just want to know whats better and new in the a7.
and if i can install the a7 beside the a6.
sam
Posted By: ulf

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/30/07 22:31

tried the prerelease - unfortunately wed does not work. it simply doesnt start up. however sed and med work fine. any suggestions anyone?

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 03/30/07 23:18

I dont really know. I think you should uninstall a6 before you try to install the a7, there is a possibility that it could cause conflicts otherwise.

My suggestion for you would be to make a backup of all your gamestudio folders and then uninstall/reinstall.

Quote:

i just want to know whats better and new in the a7.
and if i can install the a7 beside the a6.

the physics is whats better in a7, plus the rendering, the icons, the new WED, there are a list of new features somewhere you can read, but for me it is pretty much the ability to use physics.

For installing the a6 "beside" a7 is probably not a good idea. But hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will answer. I personally would not take such a chance.

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 04/01/07 09:08

i will install it into an other folder than it should be no problem.
sam

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 04/04/07 04:24

I have A6 and A7 on my machine and both work fine. Just use different folders... gstudio6 and gstudio7

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 04/05/07 17:34

Does multiplayer currently work in the A7 prerelease?
Posted By: AlbertoT

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 04/06/07 20:51

Quote:

. You can compile and publish lite-C programs with it. It's compatible to A6.50, so you can use it for your current projects - at least in theory

Did anybody try it ?
Is it reasonably stable ?

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 04/08/07 05:00

Uhh.. ya it works fine except multiplayer might be disabled.

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 04/08/07 10:39

Fine I am not interested in multiplayer

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 04/08/07 11:57

Quote:

for me it is pretty much the ability to use physics.

What do you mean exactly ?
Does A7 implement new Physics features ?
I so, which ones ?

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 04/09/07 16:11

Quote:

What do you mean exactly ?
Does A7 implement new Physics features ?
I so, which ones ?

I dont know if there are any new physics functionality in a7, what I was referring to is the ability to use physics. In a6, physics was only useable by pro-edition owners, and I was not able to use the physics because I only had commercial edition. Now with a7 I am able to use full physics capability with only the commercial edition. I think that is great!

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 04/09/07 21:22

Thanks
With A6 commercial edition you can use physics but for one entity only
No restriction in A7 , do you mean ?

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 04/09/07 21:28

That's what he means. The compromise is that BSP becomes a pro feature. However, it's not the same BSP that's currently in A6 and it will support (eventually?) arbitrary geometry (meaning it'll support concave blocks). I don't know if render to texture is filtering down, but that would be even greater.

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 04/09/07 21:41

Again about the A7 prerelease
If you own A6 extra you can upgrade to A6 commercial for 199 - 50 usd and you get also the A7 commercial prerelease
If you own A6 commercial the only chance to get A7 is to upgrade to A6 Pro for 899 - 100 usd even though physics and rendering on texture have been already migrated to the commercial edition so it is better to re purchase A6 commercial but at 199 usd
Well, if so I think something should be revised
Posted By: gunplay

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 04/12/07 20:49

now that physics will be unrestricted in A7 commercial, will the "RACER scripts and artwork" from the download section be made available to those with an A7 commercial license. When i first saw this i was a little disappointed that it would only be available to pro users, but with the lack of restriction this should work fine A7 com

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 04/13/07 15:35

dude,
the racer scripts came with the a7 pre-release, look in your folders. If you downloaded the pre-release you also have the racer stuff(at least I do)
Posted By: gunplay

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 04/13/07 19:08

i completely missed that... great idea to package it with the pre-release. gonna be messing with these all weekend. Thnx for the heads up

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 04/15/07 14:26

why can't Med import wmp files?? is that just in the pre-release?
sam
Posted By: Xarthor

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 04/15/07 16:21

The recent version of MED can import .wmp files
(MED Version 6.846)

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 04/15/07 17:43

i have this version too but i can't import wmp files.
sam
Posted By: Whisper

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 04/17/07 03:24

how can you say such things, i started with A5 payed another 99.00 for upgrade to A6 , and now i can't have free upgrade to A7, you tell me this is fair,,,,NOT.

plus not everyone has unlimited supply of money.

Quote:

OMG... stop crying already...

For those of you who are upgrading to A7 when it comes out and you already have A6, then just buy A6 again... and now you get the preleased version just like the rest of us. Then when A7 comes out you get it free... I DONT SEE A PROBLEM. As for old users who want to test A7... NO PROBLEM! When A7 comes out i'm sure there will be a 60 day trial like always, it's just a bonus for people who "already bought" A7.

I was planning on getting pro when A7 came out because I didnt wanna buy A6 pro and then A7 pro upgrade. So i waited until it was offically said by JCL that if u get A6 pro now u get A7 pro free. So in a way I bought A7 (sorta like pre-ordered it), and alot of people give a little something more to pre-orders. This of it like pre-ordering A7 if you buy A6 "again". Another reason to buy A6 again is because A7 will probably cost a bit more then A6, if u buy a6 and wait for ur free a7 you'll probably cheat conitec out of a few bucks lol.

STOP COMPLAINING IF UR GONNA ORDER A7 ANYWAYS, THEN JUST BUY A6 AGAIN AND GET THE PRERELEASED A7 NOW, INSTEAD OF WAITING FOR THE OFFICAL RELEASE AND BUYING A7 THEN ANYWAYS, IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE!

Posted By: RobH

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 04/17/07 10:49

I don´t know why everybody will have the A7 prerelease! It is an alpha version from A7, not more. The really good things come later like it was with A6.

I´m happy that i have A6com, and use it so long as i want. When A7 comes out, everybody can test the A7 demo and upgrade after that.
Please, stop with all if it is fair or not. When you have the last A6 version you have a stabil version, A7 is in the beginning and is maybe full of bugs.

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 04/17/07 15:56

You are right, let them beta test the product. We can buy A7 when its done! j/k

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 04/22/07 00:38

Quote:

plus not everyone has unlimited supply of money.

If Conitec would give free upgrades for life they'd be out of business in no-time, or at least what would be the point for them to continue? ...good things usually come at a good price, it's not like Conitec works for free on their engine, that's probably simply not feasible, so we have to live with it.

Cheers

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 04/25/07 11:20

Quote:

how can you say such things, i started with A5 payed another 99.00 for upgrade to A6 , and now i can't have free upgrade to A7, you tell me this is fair,,,,NOT.

I agree with Whisper even though I dont think this is unfair rather messy
Why dont' Conitec simply add an A7 pre order item in their web shop ?
Something like

from A5 com to A6 com : 99 Usd
from A5 com to A7 com : XX Usd
form A6 com to A7 com : XX Usd

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 05/01/07 07:32

@ulf
i read through this thread...ur question wasn't answered: just copy the files from your key.exe into the GStudio7 folder, then WED also works

to the interface:
I don't like it that much...the symbols have ugly black borders aroound it and it remains me on the unreal-editor...

and a problem:
I added just a simple light in the level and got strange results, any idea?

Posted By: lionclaws

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 05/01/07 20:00

@ Scorpion,
strange results?....can you be more specific please?.

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 05/02/07 04:05

Quote:

and a problem:
I added just a simple light in the level and got strange results, any idea?

If you have the latest A6 beta, copy the map compiler to A7 pre folder will fix this problem.

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 05/02/07 15:36

just look at the picture: the bottom and the top are _complete_ black, also if i set ambient or the sun in wed or i add other lgihts or move the existing one, they are still black

@Frederick_Lim
I don't have the beta
Posted By: StOrM

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 05/10/07 16:10

I for One, am happy that JCL is providing future a6 updates, to keep us older a6 purchasers happy, and even happier that it sounds like we will be able to upgrade to A7 commercial from A6 Commercial for a small upgrade fee, woopee! So we can continue with the fun we have had up til now.

Hehehe,

Thanks again JCL,

StOrM
Posted By: Inestical

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 05/15/07 08:34

And what's the best thing: A6 Comm. -> A7 Comm. is around ~quarter of the price of A7 Comm.

So the pay isn't big thing (even I can afford it )
Posted By: Puppeteer

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 05/18/07 19:03

Is it the same with pro?

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 05/19/07 01:42

I'm curious, has there been any updates since the prerelease of A7 or is it still 7.01?
Posted By: chris0101

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 05/22/07 15:20

i can't donload the a7 prev edition.
what can i do?
Posted By: JamesA

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 05/22/07 21:49

I didnt realise A7 is imminentish and there is even a version for new users,
its kind of annoying I cant check it out,
I was thinking of going to use Quest3D for a big level I have been making in Max but am sort of tempted to stick with Gamestudio and see what A7 will be like
and if I can achieve what I want to do in it......
However without a demo or release soon for users other than new,
I would be more and more tempted to buy Quest 3D instead than upgrade.....
Posted By: PhantomVI

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 05/22/07 23:10

hmm ist wirklich typisch wie die kollegen schon gesagt haben man hat nichts davon ein langzeit nutzer zu sein aber das ist nichts neues das war damals bei der a3 a4 a5 a6 genau so wobei die übelegung treue auch mal zu belohnen sicherlich auch nicht schaden könnte.

aber mal was anderes alle reden hier von a7 was ist mit der a6 es sind längst nicht alle bugs ausgemerzt und nach dem relese der 6.50 sehe ich bis heute kein aktuelles handbuch weder englisch noch deutsch daurt ja ungewönlich lange diesmal kommt das überhaubt wie soll es da weitergehen das wer mal interesannt!

mfg

R. R.
Posted By: Nems

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 05/23/07 03:44

How far away is the release date?
Need a timeline to save money for A7 upgrade and a recent likly cost estimate would good too.

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 05/23/07 04:33

nemas... if i were u i'd just do what i did. I updated from commercial to pro now... that auto intitled me to A7 pro at no extra cost. Waiting until A7 comes out might be a bit more costly. However... i don't see a simple solution for ppl with A6 pro upgrading to A7 pro. I think i probably ended up saving 200-300$ doing things the way i did it... Good Luck

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 05/23/07 14:10

@PhantomVI
es gibt immer noch das online handbuch
Posted By: JamesA

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 05/23/07 16:20

Sure but what about people like myself who own commercial but want to test A7?

I really want to stick with GS due to I actually like it, also financial reasons but am considering going to use Quest3D soon for this new level I have made,

surely a test demo to people like myself that will show how good A7 will be,
will encourage me to use GS for my next project...:)

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 05/26/07 19:28

Quote:

... . I updated from commercial to pro now...

I had the same idea.
The point is Pro does not offer any advantage over connercial version, not at least for the price
I understood that the new commercial version supplies also unlimited physics
This was basically the only important difference between pro and commercial edition
Posted By: Samb

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 05/26/07 22:32

physics and render to texture are the most important differences

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 05/26/07 22:36

correct
Does it worth while paying 600 usd more just for render to texture ?
I dont think so

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 05/26/07 23:11

You also get the resource packer which protects your assets (and it's better than using a free packer since it doesn't unpack stuff at runtime). Other differences are no splashscreen requirement, unlimited multiplayer features, inclusion of level editor, high resolution static shadows, customizable startup window, and when A7 ships you'll have access to the distribution manager (see last item in forecast), and the new BSP that will allow concave

There's more than enough reasons to own Pro than physics (well, A6 Pro) and render to texture. I still think Commercial is the best value for the money, but there are quite a few Pro features that are pretty important and worth the extra money if you need them.

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 05/27/07 03:21

Another point to own Pro is you are eligible to become beta tester.

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 05/27/07 06:36

You don't have to own Pro to become a tester. I've owned Commercial since '99 and recently became one. See the beta page for all of the requirements.

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 05/27/07 10:44

Quote:

you'll have access to the distribution manager

What is it ?
Posted By: Thracian

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 05/27/07 12:10

After all i think it would be nice to know what the prices will be and when the release could be estimated.
To continue above´s discussion: i think its fair that new users get A7 for free although there are of course disadvantages. But i guess its the fairest idea, though i´d also like A7 for free

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 05/27/07 18:04

Quote:

Quote:

you'll have access to the distribution manager

What is it ?

(see last item in forecast)

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 06/07/07 00:11

A7 WED does not start

You click it and it does not load

It says "Trial Version Expired", just installed it today

Posted By: Felixsg

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 06/07/07 11:27

Quote:

A7 WED does not start

You click it and it does not load

It says "Trial Version Expired", just installed it today

JCL say this

Quote:

The A7 prerelease will immediately expire in trial mode. You need to to unlock it with your key before you can work with A7.

Posted By: Dan Silverman

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 06/27/07 01:29

I just upgraded from A6 Pro to A7 Pro today. Of course, I only have the A7 "trial" until Conitec sends me the new key information. However, I did want to test A7 while waiting for the key to arrive. Unfortunately WED does not start up at all. MED starts up as does SED, but no WED. Does anyone know what is going on or what the solution is?

BTW - I am running Windows Vista.
Posted By: CBSection31

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 06/27/07 02:00

^
I am having the exact same issue, except I'm on XP, not Vista. WED simply does not start up when running the EXE. Is the key information required to even get WED to start up? If not, any ideas?

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 06/27/07 02:22

It means "Version Expired" you need the key!
Posted By: CBSection31

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 06/27/07 02:35

Ah, okay. I was thinking at least a pop-up window would say "Version Expired" if it were working. No problem then, I can wait. Thanks!
Posted By: Dan Silverman

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 06/27/07 03:08

Yes. Nothing is appearing at all. This is really poorly done (in my opinion). MED and SED start up, why not WED? When you pay for an upgrade, you don't expect to have to wait a day or two for the key to be generated and sent before you can play with the application. In fact, the ShareIt info states that we get an A7 trial until we receive the key file. What kind of a "trial" would not allow the application to run at all?

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 06/27/07 04:17

It was not intended this way - it's a bug of the prerelease (not the only one). This will be fixed in the upcoming next A7 version, 7.04. I'm pretty sure that you'll receive your key earlier.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 06/28/07 14:56

I´ve got A6.6 Commercial and I´m thinking about updating to A7. What are the differences between A7 Extra and A7 Commercial? Only the multiplayerfunction and the effects and shaders? The reason I had chosen A6 Commercial instead of A6 Extra was that there wasn´t a CD-player, physicengine, full resulutions and a lot more differences between the two editions.
Posted By: adoado

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 06/29/07 05:42

So this prerelease is just that? A7 3d Gamestudio has not been officially released yet has it?

Thanks,
Adoado.
Posted By: Tobias

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 06/30/07 06:40

No it is not, the current A7 version is 7.03 and I guess the official release will be 7.10. Here are the differences between A7 Extra and A7 Commercial: http://www.3dgamestudio.com/order7.htm (go to "a7" above and then click order get you to that page).
Posted By: adoado

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 07/03/07 00:25

Ah ok thanks
Posted By: Thracian

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 07/08/07 07:10

So when could 7.10 be estimated? I know this question might have been asked often, but maybe somebody knows some details.

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 07/08/07 13:46

I found in the latest A7 beta the engine variable version still display 6.503.

Re: A7 prerelease for A6 users - 07/09/07 11:54

You're right, this is a bug. Will be fixed in 7.05.
© 2024 lite-C Forums