Version 6.60 public beta

Posted By: jcl

Version 6.60 public beta - 05/21/07 08:09

The public beta update for Gamestudio 6.60 is now available: update6.60.

This version replaces version 6.50 that contained two severe bugs that were not found during the public beta test.

For installing, see: http://www.conitec.net/beta/newfeatures66.htm.
Posted By: bstudio

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/21/07 08:36

Yay a new update, time to install this and try the new functions
Posted By: Frederick_Lim

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/21/07 09:21

The gxl2basdx9.dll and gxl2basdx9a.dll cannot render model correctly in skin editor. Is that old dll not replace in final 6.60 release?
Posted By: vlau

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/21/07 09:25

Is draw_line3d and draw_box3d still not implement in
this version? I've test them both using the examples
from the manual, no error while compiling, but can't
see the effect at runtime. draw_point3d is working
correctly though.

Thanks.

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/21/07 09:46

- The draw_line3d function is only implemented in A7. It can theoretically also be implemented in the A6 kernel, but it's not as easy as I thought. I didn't have the time yet. However, you can use it in the free lite-C version.

- The WED and MED editors, including the DX9 dlls, are still the same as of 2006. The newest MED version is not included in this update, but can be downloaded separately from the lite-C page. The same goes for the new MED features like Atlas Mapping. I wanted to keep the A6 versions and the A7 versions separate.
Posted By: ello

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/21/07 10:24

hmm, it would be cool, if at least the last a6-release could provide us the working features of the a6-beta, or am i expecting to much? draw_line3d is working just fine there
Posted By: testDummy

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/21/07 15:26

Quote:

This version replaces version 6.50 that suffered from a severe collision detection bug that was not found during the public beta test.

Quoted jcl.
When you mention "severe collision detection bug" (above), I might easily assume that you are referring to this:
Quote:

The AABB collision detection (ent_move() as well as c_move() with USE_AABB) used a wrong angle for the collision with map entities under some circumstances,...

Quoted http://www.conitec.net/beta/bugs.htm ->Version 6.50 (severe bug warning)
Are you referring to that particular bug here?

When I attempt to run the engine included in version 6.50.6 on an older Windows 98 machine, the display flickers or flashes rapidly for a few seconds and execution is terminated with a crash and an error message. I do not know the cause of this issue, but it seems the issue does not occur with version 6.40.5. I believe at least one other user has mentioned such an issue or something very similar. Perhaps the issue does not occur with the 6.60 public beta. I doubt that something resembling this issue will be mentioned (again?) by other parties, but having made one declaration here (perhaps in an appropriate location), I'll be casually checking to see if anyone else mentions something similar (again?).

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/21/07 15:43

- The public beta contains only A6 features. The A7 kernel and all A7 functions are not contained.

- The Win98 bug was known, but not listed in the bug list for some reason. I've added it now. Both bugs fulfilled the criteria of severe 'showstoppers'.
Posted By: eleroux

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/21/07 16:05

Now this is a question I have been afraid to ask for months, as still now I thought it was really my fault...

Where are the GXL2DX9 Dlls ?

Since the beginning of time, I've had only the following libraries (even in 6.60 pvt/public beta):

gxl2bas32.dll
gxl2basdx9.dll
gxl2basdx9a.dll
gxl2dx8a.dll <-- the only that really supports level lighting and other dx stuff
gxlBase.dll
gxlbase32.dll

The Beta page says something about gxl2dx9 and gxl2dx9a libraries and its improved features over gxl2dx8a, but I can't remember any release that distributes them. gxl2basdx9/a dlls seem to support only basic features.

This is not really an issue because I don't miss the dx9 features (since I don't KNOW them) but now I really wanted to try them.

Emilio

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/21/07 16:11

You should normally use gxl2basdx9a.dll. gxl2dx8a.dll is not developed any further. However, indeed only the latest gxl2basdx9 versions (not released yet) support level lighting, as gxl2dx8a.dll did.

gxlBase.dll and gxlbase32.dll are very outdated and should not be used anymore.
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/21/07 16:15

I think I reported this in another thread, but I am unable to use the dx9 dlls. I have to revert to dx8. They simply render the 3D view too slowly(too slow for use). I have a Geforce 7600 GS 512 RAM card.

Here's the thread I last mentioned it in:

http://www.coniserver.net/ubbthreads/sho...true#Post743952

EDIT: Just tested the new version and this problem still occurs. My models also still have skins on them when using the dx8 dll. I didn't think this version supported this.

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/21/07 16:31

Quote:

You should normally use gxl2basdx9a.dll. gxl2dx8a.dll is not developed any further. However, indeed only the latest gxl2basdx9 versions (not released yet) support level lighting, as gxl2dx8a.dll did.

gxlBase.dll and gxlbase32.dll are very outdated and should not be used anymore.

Thanks for your quick reply. I am a bit confused however, because I don't find any advantages on using gxl2basdx9a over dx8 right now.
In WED, basdx9a lacks level lighting as you just said.
And in MED, dx8 is also better because it shows the model both textured and gouraud-shaded (basdx9a texture+gouraud doesn't actually show any gouraud).

Do you know when can we expect the release of the new dx9 dlls?

As a side note, maybe it would be better to update the Beta information page. It mentions these GXL2DX9 and GXL2DX9a dlls (non "BAS") that may lead to confusion.
Posted By: mpde

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/21/07 16:38

Hallo...

Create Meshes nur in A7?

mpde
Posted By: testDummy

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/21/07 17:21

Thank you.
Posted By: Slin

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/21/07 17:33

Edit: I´ve got one particle effect wich doesn´t show up using this beta update. It works fine with 6.5 .

Edit 2: After some more trying, I found out that the problem was the missing alphachannel of the .tga bmap (it was 24bit and not 32bit wich works). This problem wasn´t there with previous versions why is it now?

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/22/07 00:48

Quote:

Now this is a question I have been afraid to ask for months, as still now I thought it was really my fault...

Since the beginning of time, I've had only the following libraries (even in 6.60 pvt/public beta):

gxl2bas32.dll
gxl2basdx9.dll
gxl2basdx9a.dll
gxl2dx8a.dll <-- the only that really supports level lighting and other dx stuff
gxlBase.dll
gxlbase32.dll

The Beta page says something about gxl2dx9 and gxl2dx9a libraries and its improved features over gxl2dx8a, but I can't remember any release that distributes them. gxl2basdx9/a dlls seem to support only basic features.

This is not really an issue because I don't miss the dx9 features (since I don't KNOW them) but now I really wanted to try them.

Emilio

Download the MED from lite-C page, install it and copy the gxl2basdx9.dll and gxl2basdx9a.dll to Gstudio6 folder, you will have lighting support in WED, and fix skin rendering in MED.

But the blue tint problem still there.....

I just wonder why JCL not put the latest dll in public beta. The old dll is a fault, and the new one does not contain any A7 features I think.

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/22/07 01:12

Quote:

Quote:

gxl2bas32.dll
gxl2basdx9.dll
gxl2basdx9a.dll
gxlBase.dll
gxlbase32.dll

Emilio

Download the MED from lite-C page, install it and copy the gxl2basdx9.dll and gxl2basdx9a.dll to Gstudio6 folder, you will have lighting support in WED, and fix skin rendering in MED.

But the blue tint problem still there.....

I just wonder why JCL not put the latest dll in public beta. The old dll is a fault, and the new one does not contain any A7 features I think.

I copied those two dlls and after checking on Level Lighting and then checking on the Level Lights box the blue tint problem disappears. I also have the sun and ambient boxes checked on, and the blue only returns if the level sun or level lighting boxes are unchecked. If both are checked and level ambient is unchecked, the blue does not return. However, the 3D view is still way too slow to use, but it's nice to have finally figured out a way to get rid of that blue.

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/22/07 01:47

I can't check the Level Lighting box at all. But as JCL said, level lighting-capable dx9 dlls have not been released yet.

Sorry, I didn't want to lead this thread so way off the topic. I don't "badly" need dx9 features for editing a level (As far as I have gl2dx8 available, for I like level lighting and I have my GXL lighting settings calibrated to match the engine).

I guess we'll have to wait for the new libraries.

Thank you for this update, JCL, you guys are doing an amazing work.

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/22/07 05:13

I think don't need the wait. The level lighting-capable dx9 dll already included in free lite-C package.

Download the lite-C MED and copy the dx9 dll to A6 folder.
http://server.conitec.net/down/med_setup.exe

But it is too slow for large level....OK for MED but not WED.
Posted By: PrenceOfDarkness

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/22/07 07:06

by any chance did the big bugs of 6.5 have to do with my.fat = on; and my.narrow = on; entity using c_move on a terrain?
I'm having problems with that this.. however i am curious 2 know what the major bugs were...

Also i'm using the A7 prerelease... are those bugs fixed there?

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/22/07 09:00

Yes, the bugs were also fixed in the A7 prerelease and in lite-C.
Posted By: Nems

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/22/07 12:33

Why can't I open "skyscenes+6.tga"'s anymore?
Been thru the new manual, tried everything indicated there, nothing worked for me and now I cannot get past the sky cube call at all.

Any hints please?
Posted By: Ottawa

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/22/07 23:04

Hi

Yesterday I downloaded ver 6.6 beta and I tested my “showstopper” levels . I do not have a trigger happy situation anymore. C_move, now works very well.
Posted By: Felixsg

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/23/07 07:31

Quote:

- The WED and MED editors, including the DX9 dlls, are still the same as of 2006. The newest MED version is not included in this update, but can be downloaded separately from the lite-C page. The same goes for the new MED features like Atlas Mapping. I wanted to keep the A6 versions and the A7 versions separate.

Is legal to use that med version with the a6 engine I see is free but is permited to use for commercial usage?

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/23/07 08:25

- Sky cubes work in 6.60 the same way as in the versions before.

- The free MED is for noncommercial usage only, but when you have any Gamestudio version, you can use it for commercial purposes also.

- I've now uploaded a new version that still has the A6 WED and MED, but the newest DX9 GXLs.
Posted By: vlau

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/23/07 08:41

Hi JCL,

Is wait(-time) bugs has been fixed with A6.6?
I'm still get the wrong wait time.

Thanks.

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/23/07 11:10

If you mean the bug described in the bug list: Yes, it's fixed in 6.60. However, it was not a likely bug to happen anyway. Wrong time values are usually caused by the script or by a low time resolution on the PC.
Posted By: Mondivirtuali

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/26/07 02:23

I updated from the website.
The wed version changed to 6.60. Med remain the old version with not fbx importer.

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/26/07 02:53

FBX support is an A7 feature.
Posted By: Mondivirtuali

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/26/07 02:55

Oh , so the update was correct.
Posted By: Nems

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 05/26/07 09:41

HI jcl, you may be interested in my first install errors posted above cause it actually installed as lite_C enabled which led to heaps of script error reports.
I reinstalled and everuthing now works perfectly.
About to download the latest.
Lite_C Med rocks by the way, its coming along nicly, especially with the skin managment system, makes it easier for me to skin complex models with the groups function.

Thanks for all the improvments.
Posted By: ventilator

Re: Version 6.60 public beta - 06/05/07 12:42

is there a 6.6 manual somewhere? the 6.6 update only seems to contain the 6.5 manual.

i need the list of changes between 6.5 and 6.6 since the beta page doesn't contain them anymore.
© 2024 lite-C Forums