Version 7.03 public beta

Posted By: jcl

Version 7.03 public beta - 05/25/07 07:35

The public beta update for Gamestudio 7.03 is now available: update7.03.

This version updates the A7 prerelease to the latest version. You need to have installed A7 - also available on this forum - for applying the update. A7 is free for anyone who ordered or upgraded A6 since February 2007. Please report any problems or bugs in this thread.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 05/25/07 11:27

ok thx jcl
Posted By: chris0101

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 05/25/07 12:34

what does that meen:

While the A7 release date is not yet determined, a free A7 upgrade is included in any currently delivered A6 version or upgrade.

and i bought my a6 in january, the a7 prerelase, i can't download it,can i?
Posted By: IslandDreamer

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 05/25/07 13:47

When will upgrades for A6 to A7 go on sale on your site? The sooner you do this, the more individuals can help root out the bugs in the public beta.
Posted By: HeelX

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 05/25/07 14:03

works great! One small question - when do you plan to replace the splashscreens with the new logo?
Posted By: Frederick_Lim

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 05/25/07 14:16

I tried compile a demo found in Acknex Unlimited.

http://www.coniserver.net/coni_users/web_users/pirvu/au/demo/zips/pathdemo.zip

But I can't compile the level successfully, I got critical error in map compiler. Same for BSP and Simple map.

The map compiler eat up memory quickly.

To reproduce the problem:
Add a 8 side cylinder, scale it to 10240x10240x2048 quants, hollow, assign a default texture, compile bsp/simple -> memory error
Posted By: PrenceOfDarkness

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 05/25/07 17:18

is there a place 2 read the improvements before i download the update? I'm tihnking of just going back to A6 until A7 is done. I'm working on a multiplayer game so A7 aint to interesting 2 me yet.

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 05/25/07 17:37

Duplicate your current gamestudio folder and update the duplicate. So you have once the A6 version and the other, A7.03.
Posted By: AlbertoT

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 05/25/07 19:42

hello
probably this question has been already asked many times
Is it possible to finish a game using A7.03 ?
I am not interested neither in multiplayer nor in shaders but I want to make an extensive use of physics
Some bugs are of course acceptable , the engine being still in beta test but not for those basic features which are essential for the development
The reason for asking this question is that I have just prototyped a game in A6 but I would like to use A7 for the final version

Thanks in advance
Posted By: Tempelbauer

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 05/26/07 06:49

my version was buyed years ago. so i cant test A7
but can some1 show me ome screenshots of the newprogram?
does it is very different to A6?
it really interest me

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 05/26/07 06:52

What are the changes in 7.03? Has multiplayer finally been activated?

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 05/26/07 07:17

If not using lite-C and ABT, A7 look really like A6, a screen shot cannot tell what different inside. I have A7 Prerelease but I'm still using A6, because:

1. I don't use ABT yet, the map compiler go crazy with my PC.
2. I can't use mtlFX template with lite-C (I hope A7 official release support this).
3. I don't have 3D modeling package support FBX.
4. I am a newbie
Posted By: Zalon

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 05/26/07 14:32

I only played around with the script-editor yet, but here are some things I experienced, although not everything might be a "bug"

1.) When running in debug mode (the red icon) and windowed mode, after clicking from the game to the editor (to bring it back on top, for example to controll some vars or after having set some debug-stops), I am not able to move the ingame-mouse at the next run. This happend to me both with my own script and the one from the tutorial (workshop 6). The only way to move the ingame-mouse is to restart the editor.

2.) Every one in a while, about one every five debug-runs, F5 will not do anything. I cannot reproduce that error, sometimes it occurs, sometime it doesn't.

3.) Some errors in the "command help"-files, the small window at the bottom of the editor. The one I can remember: On the page for "button", there's a link to winstart, but that will lead me back to the top of the "button"-page.

4.) Some keywords, like "OVERLAY" are marked in another colour, but e.g. "VISIBLE" is not. (Not really a bug and I might adjust it myself, only mentioned for consistency)

That's it by now..
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 05/26/07 15:19

Quote:

If not using lite-C and ABT, A7 look really like A6, a screen shot cannot tell what different inside. I have A7 Prerelease but I'm still using A6, because:

1. I don't use ABT yet, the map compiler go crazy with my PC.
2. I can't use mtlFX template with lite-C (I hope A7 official release support this).
3. I don't have 3D modeling package support FBX.
4. I am a newbie

It also features a new renderer and is faster than A6. The pro version's BSP will also support concave geometry. I'm not sure if this is going to be supported immediately or will come later, but it has been announced. Anything with A7 next to it on the beta page is an A7 feature, and I'm betting it's safe to assume most forecast features will eventually make it into it (some might make it into A6 but then that means they're in A7 by default).

@Frederick_Lim and all other A7 users: The free Wings3D features FBX export and import, so you could use that if you needed a modeler. The cheap ($20 US) fragMotion will also feature FBX export soon, so there's the answer for rigging and animation. The developer of that program is aware that A7's MED will import it and considers FBX implementation into fragMotion a high priority. Also, Milkshape features FBX export, but I don't know if that horror show has all the bells and whistles of fragMotion.

http://www.wings3d.com/
http://www.fragmosoft.com/
Posted By: chris0101

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 05/26/07 18:28

ein freund meinte das zu mir:

wenn du die wmp datei mit a7 öffnest dann kannst du sie im a6 nicht mehr brauchen!!

stimmt das?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 05/26/07 19:19

also bei mir geht das,ich hab meine wmp datei in A7 und A6 geöffnet und ich hatte keine probleme

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 05/27/07 19:13

Quote:

wenn du die wmp datei mit a7 öffnest dann kannst du sie im a6 nicht mehr brauchen!!

Jein. WED speichert nun die WMP Dateien standardmäßig als binary files ab und nicht als ASCII files. Das heißt: wenn du eine binary WMP mit einer WED version lädst, die keine binary WMP untertsützt, dann geht das eben nicht.
Posted By: Zalon

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 05/27/07 19:55

Another one, although it's not a bug but a "missing feature" (at least in my eyes):
I use these buttons to the left (appearing after declaration of functions) to hide some lines of code. After saving and reopening a script, the hidden lines will be displayed again i.e. the information will not be saved. That's quite annoying as the code is already covering several pages...

EDIT:

I just found another "bug". Sometimes, on a irregular basis, toggling breakpoints will crash the editor. Again I experienced this with my own code and with some of the tutorials.

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/02/07 17:05

Has multiplayer yet been activated?
Posted By: majikstan27

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/03/07 19:46

I'm wondering with this new windows vista and there new dirext x version 10 being exclusive to vista, as game studio is written for direct x.
Will the new a7 be still capatible with direct x 9 such as for xp users or wil you be required to get vista which would mean that a new computer would also be the case.
I have heard that the new direct x was only made for vista and not availible to xp etc.

I still have a5 and was wondering if I may be still able to get a7 once it comes out, I have been waiting for a7 but with vista nd the next direct x it looks like I will not be able to continue game studio :-(
Please let me know as soon as possible thanks.
Posted By: ventilator

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/03/07 21:35

you won't need vista for a7.

i am not sure but if i remember correctly jcl or doug said that once they switch to dx10 (which probably won't happen soon!) there will be a parallel dx9 version for a while.

if you want a7 you better upgrade now. if you upgrade a5->a6 before a7 is out you will get a7 for free. afterwards you will have to do an a5->a7 upgrade which is more expensive.
Posted By: lionclaws

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/04/07 08:41

JCL;

I have been away and just saw this :

"The announced A7 prerelease version can be downloaded here:

http://server.conitec.net/gsa7/a7pre.exe

The version is free for users who purchased or upgraded to Gamestudio Extra, Commercial, or Pro since February 2007. You can install the prerelease just like the A6 trial version, and unlock it with your key."

Do I have to pay $450.0 for a pre-release A7 first just to download?.For some reasons my "PASS/USER" will not work.I have A6 PRO and should be able to download a pre-release at least.

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/04/07 11:44

PrenceOfDarkness: C-Script multiplayer works as before, only send_var is not supported under lite-C. The new functions are not yet implemented.

majikstan27: Don't worry, A7 will still run under ME, 2000, XP, and DX9.

lionclaws: An A7 prerelease trial version will be available in a couple of weeks.

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/04/07 20:22

Quote:

lionclaws: An A7 prerelease trial version will be available in a couple of weeks.

Thanks Man!...You didn't answer the most important question JCL;Do I have to pay $450 to download and use?.
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/04/07 21:15

trial will be free...

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/04/07 23:56

Quote:

trial will be free...

lol...they are always free my friend regardless what software, (15,30 days trial).
I want JCL to tell us (straight up!) if the "Pre-release A7" as you put it will be a fully functional or do we (Licensed holders) have "DISH OUT" another $450?.I am not sure all the posts talking about free upgrades when A7 is ready,other posts say the opposite,which one is it for real JCL, $450(PRO).... or not?.

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/05/07 06:24

http://www.coniserver.net/ubbthreads/sho...0&fpart=all
Posted By: ello

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/05/07 12:59

holla, this is a great start.. "acknex.exe hat ein problem festgestellt und muss beendet werden"

dies passiert beim starten von z.b.: og_cube.c, og_harmonic2.c, d3dsample03.c usw..
warum??

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/05/07 13:44

Das ist schwer zu beantworten, bevor Sie Naeheres ueber Ihr Problem mitteilen, also welches Programm genau unter welchen Umstaenden bei Ihnen abstuerzt.

Wenn mehrere Programme bei Ihnen nicht laufen, versuchen Sie eine Systematik herauszufinden. Wenn z.B. auf Ihrem PC alle OpenGL Programme abstuerzen, aber alles andere laeuft, ist vermutlich mit Ihrer OpenGL Library etwas nicht in Ordnung. Auch waere es gut zu wissen, ob Sie mit diesen Programmen erst in dieser Version oder auch schon vorher Probleme hatten.

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/05/07 14:10

es sind sämtliche ogl beispiele im work folder, aber auch die d3d... beispiele.

earthball.c , mandelbrot.c funktionieren

ogl wird auf diesem rechner auch bei anderen 3d programmen benutzt.

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/05/07 14:29

Funktioniert mandelbrot legacy?

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/05/07 14:38

nein

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/05/07 15:59

Ok, dann hat es nichts mit der DirectX oder OpenGL Library zu tun. Etwas in Ihrer Installation ist kaputt.

Funktionierten diese Programme mit der Betaversion, oder gingen sie auf Ihrem PC noch nie?

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/05/07 16:13

wenn ichs mit dem sed aus dem betaordner starte (sed nr 7.02.3) dann funktioniert es

nehme ich den sed aus dem a7 ordner welcher interessanter weise auch nr. 7.02.3 hat, dann funktioniert es nicht

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/05/07 17:40

Der SED ist der gleiche, aber die Ordner haben verschiedene Inhalte. Ok, aber das gibt mir schon einmal einen Anhaltspunkt, da das Problem offenbar nur Legacy Programme betrifft.

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/06/07 07:05

Hallo, ich habe nun mal ausprobiert den Inhalt des lite_c Ordners aus dem beta-Verzeichniss in den work-Ordner des gstudio7 zu kopieren (vorher gesichert und entleert)

der Absturz kommt trotzdem.

btw, was bedeutet das legacy in diesem Zusammenhang?

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/06/07 08:19

Legacy bedeutet, dass der C-Code einfach nur compiliert und ausgefuehrt wird, ohne dass die Engine (acknex.dll) benutzt wird. Details finden Sie im Handbuch.

Der Lite-C Ordner im Beta-Verzeichnis ist mit dem A7 Lite-C Ordner identisch, so dass das Kopieren nichts bringt. Ich vermute, dass in Ihrer A7-Installation eine Datei beschaedigt ist. Interessant waere es aber, wenn Sie sich die offizielle Lite-C Version von http://www.3dgamestudio.com/litec.htm installieren und es damit probieren. Diese enthaelt naemlich die gleiche Engine-Version wie das A7 Prerelease.

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/06/07 08:26

mit der lite-c version funktioniert es.

wie bekomme ich denn nun eine fehlerfreie installation? der downloadlink war ja von der element5 webseite. haben die da was falsches hochgeladen?

wäre es für's erste ausreichend die a7pre.exe aus dem prerelease thread herunterzuladen?

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/06/07 08:50

nein, auch das funktioniert nicht.

warum hat sonst keiner dieses Problem?

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/06/07 09:36

Die Version von Element5 ist identisch mit der a7pre.exe - ich werde aber nochmal testen, ob diese Datei beschaedigt ist.

Ich schlage vor, dass Sie auf 7.04 warten, die in einigen Tagen zur Verfuegung stehen wird. Bis dahin koennen Sie Legacy programme mit Lite-C testen und erstellen. Ihr A7 Key schaltet auch Lite-C zu einer Vollversion frei.

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/06/07 09:38

ok

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/06/07 10:07

Quote:

http://www.coniserver.net/ubbthreads/sho...0&fpart=all

WOW JCL!,$299,well $300+ using any method of payment.That's really nice of you,thanks.$150 roughly discount for the old timers is not bad at all.

One last question JCL,Is there any possibility(you being JCL THE MAN)that all
beta testers upgrading (PRO = $225,COM = $50)?.Wait JCL!,it's just a suggestion;
this will show your appreciation to all beta testers.Caring is a powerful business advantage.I am not saying you don't care mind you.It's a wise move to reward those that contributed finding issues no matter how little.
Posted By: Team_GamesArk

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/06/07 14:11

Hi JCL,

also ich habe auch das Problem was Ello hat, ich kann auch keins der
Legacy Scripts ohne Absturz starten. Allerdings hatte ich das Problem auch
kurzfristig bei einem Puremode Script, was ich wie folgt lösen konnte:

Ich mußte folgendes ändern ->

long MessageBox(HWND,char *,char *,long);
MessageBox = DefineApi("user32!MessageBoxA");

in ->

long MessageBox(HWND,char *,char *,long);
#define PRAGMA_API MessageBoxA;user32!MessageBoxA

und schon lief mein Script wieder.

Das gilt aber nur für Gamestudio 7.x in der Beta 6.60.2 und in LiteC 1.03
läuft es ohne Veränderung. Ich hoffe das hilft etwas.

Frank
Posted By: Felixsg

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/06/07 21:48

The sed continuos crash testint the .c code in the work folder
also not work the car level only from wed in the sed are a black screen
the samples only work the earthdemo the other carsh
Posted By: Frits

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/10/07 10:20

I have updated from A6 Com. to A7 Com. yesterday and received the key file already a few hours later, thanks for that.
Only thing is that I hat to uncheck, in Outlook Express --> Tools --> Options --> tab Security, the checkbox 'Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus', otherwise I could not use this file (it was greyed out).
Could you please mention that in the e-mail?

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/10/07 10:25

Like mentioned in the e-mail I updated the SED file to see my userneme and password.
Now I have updated to the latest public version (7.02.3) and my username and password are not showing anymore.
Is this a bug or am I not allowed to update to this version or must I update with the file mentioned in the e-mail again?

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/10/07 10:27

When I try to use PanelEdit in SED --> PlugIns, Sed shrinks to its original format and no PanelEditor is showing only SED.
Posted By: Lukas

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/11/07 18:54

@Tempelbauer

Ok, here is a screenshot of the new WED:

Posted By: D3D

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/12/07 07:26

Quote:

When I try to use PanelEdit in SED --> PlugIns, Sed shrinks to its original format and no PanelEditor is showing only SED.

Here it just crashes SED with an JIT from the debugger. Lucky I don't use Panel Edit plugin, its broken by the way. Rather write the code for panels by hand.

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/12/07 07:55

A7 does not contain a Panel Editor. The "PanelEdit" source was just an example of how to create SED plugins for A6. An A7 panel editor is planned as an improved version of PanelEdit, but we haven't developed it yet.

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/12/07 08:12

Thanks jcl for clarification, but how about my question in my second post;

Quote:

Like mentioned in the e-mail I updated the SED file to see my userneme and password.
Now I have updated to the latest public version (7.02.3) and my username and password are not showing anymore.
Is this a bug or am I not allowed to update to this version or must I update with the file mentioned in the e-mail again?

Any comment on that?

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/12/07 09:04

Sure, you need the latest SED for this - as mentioned in the email. The 7.03 SED is not the latest.

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/12/07 12:05

Ok, thanks jcl.

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/13/07 09:48

I copied a level, designed in A6, to A7, build it, but it won't show up in fullscreen and video_mode=8.
In my script there are the two variables that should take care of that;
var video_mode=8;
var video_screen=1;
(for the moment I still using c-script, later I will change this to Lite-C)
I only can change the videomode with F5 (toggles between 6 and 7) and change the videoscreen with Alt-Enter.
Is this some kind of bug or am I doing something wrong?
It all worked fine with A6.

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/13/07 09:54

When I had copied a level (designed in A6) to A7 some of my geometry has rotated 90 degrees. When I rotate it to its normal position, build the level, then these items are rotated 90 degrees in the game?
What can I do about that?
Posted By: Poison

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/13/07 11:03

This is a bug jcl says in the next update of A7 it should be debugt

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/13/07 12:19

Wich one is the bug, screen isue or rotate isue?
Posted By: old_bill

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/13/07 12:59

The rotation issue.
Posted By: Sam_Be

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/13/07 13:11

hi
ih have an other but.
when i want to compile a level and there are some errors which are not critical the comiler stays in place and dont work forward. in a6 i can compile the level.
sam

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/13/07 13:35

Yes, the C compiler stops at the first error. This is because this error causes a lot of subsequent errors, so the script won't compile any further. I already have on my list an improvement so that the compiler continues despite errors. This is not trivial however and might take some time.

Frits: In C, all variables, including video_mode, must be set in a function. If you're not yet familiar with lite-C, best use the tutorial for an introduction, or read the "C-Script to lite-C" page.

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/13/07 14:25

Thanks jcl, so if I understand correctly I can't use the 'old' C-Script anymore with A7 or does it only effect the variables?
I find it strange, because all my other variables seems to function correct and like I said I don't use Lite-C yet.

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/13/07 14:48

c-script works as before but you can use lite-c if you please

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/13/07 15:12

If C-Script works as before, why don't the variabels;
var video_mode=8;
var video_screen=1;

do there job like in A6?
I'm confused here, jcl wrote 'In C, all variables, including video_mode, must be set in a function.' I thought this is only for Lite-C and not for C-Script.

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/13/07 17:24

I found it a little confusing too. All variables must be in a function?
A7.03 SED 7.02.4

Code:
// Lite-C Pure Mode
// main.c
#include <acknex.h>
#include <default.c>

var fps_max = 60; // <- this var must be in a function?

void main()
{
screen_color.red = 125; // <- doesn't work, stays blue?
level_load("world.wmb");
wait(3);
}

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/13/07 21:01

hi
i'm back here.^^
i have eliminated all error and the compiler runs ok until the end. here:

this [censored] dives me creacy. why does the compiler in the public beta not work!!????
sam

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/14/07 06:24

The compiler in the beta version is indeed not yet fully finished. If you don't use the new features like geometry import, you can just copy the old compiler - the wwmp2wmb.exe file - from your A6 version into your A7 folder.

Still, we're interested in any levels that cause problems with the new compiler. If you want you can send that level to the support - we'll look into the problem.

- To avoid confusion: In C-Script, variables like video_mode _must_ be redefined outside the main function.

var video_mode=7;
var fps_max = 60;
on_esc = game_end;

In lite-C this won't work, all variables must set inside a function, and in case of video modes they must be set _before_ the first wait (because the video device is created after the first frame).

function main()
{
video_mode=7;
fps_max = 60;
on_esc = game_end;
wait(1);
}

See: http://manual.conitec.net/litec_migration.htm

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/14/07 06:41

hi
thanks for reply. could you explain how to copy the compiler better please?? do i have to copy only the exe file??
an where can i send my level to? and in what problem do you mean with "look into the problem"?^^
thanks anyway
sam

PS i think it would be easyer for us if we'd write in german.^^

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/14/07 07:08

I am using C-Script for now in A7 (because I copied the complete level from A6) and did not change anything in the script but the variables
var video_mode=8;
var video_screen=1;

(outside the main function) will not work.
In A6 they work fine.
Must I conclude that this is a bug?

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/14/07 07:26

As you can see when you start any C-Script project, like Techdemo, video_mode works in 7.03 just as in 6.60.

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/14/07 11:38

Could be, but for me it doesn't work.
I had never tried the Techdemo, so now I have.
Will not run at all, gives errors (to start with; in doors.wdl).
I tried the Techdemo in A6 (6.60)

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/14/07 12:22

When you get error messages, examine in which files they happen. This gives you hints for the reason of the problem - like missing or outdated files in your installation. I have not enough information to help you here, but you should be able to fix this, at least by re-installing 6.40 and re-updating to 6.60.

If you can't get it to run, describe your problem in "Ask Conitec" - I'll help you then. This thread is about A7 and your C-Script problems are probably unrelated.
Posted By: vlau

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/14/07 17:24

For system variable like video_mode, video_depth : put
them inside a function and without the keyword "var".

For user define "global" variables like var myVar, yourVar... etc. put
them outside any functions just like usual. See an exammple from liteC
Workshop->Workdshop 23->script23.c.

I hope I can help to make it clear.

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/15/07 07:55

No no, I will explain it once more;
- I made a level in A6 (ofcource with C-Script).

Part of C-Script:
var video_mode=8; //1024 * 768 screen resolution
var video_depth=32; //D3D mode
var video_screen=1; //1=full screen, 2=window

- I copied that level to A7.
- I did not change anything in C-Script.
- I did not change the script into Lite_C.
- I build the level with A7.

When run, the part of C-Script (see above) does not affect the screen.
video_mode keeps default (6)
video_screen keeps default (2)

Now that is the problem, In A6 it works perfect and in A7 it does not.
Please help.

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/15/07 08:10

Frits: I understood your problem, but I don't have a ready solution because I have not enough information. When you use C-Script, there is no difference between A7 and A6.60. A7.03 just uses the very same A6 engine version as A6.60. Video_mode just works as before, as you can easily see when you start any C-Script project with A7. Almost all projects use video_mode.

You had reported script errors, so I think something's wrong with your installation anyway - see my answer above. Or it's a strange A7 error that no one else except you has experienced so far.

I'll be away next week, so I can't help you in the next days. But after my return - if your problem has then not meanwhile fixed itself - we'll walk through your installation process and have a closer look at your error messages. I think we'll find out what's wrong.

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/15/07 08:18

Thanks jcl, but the errors I have mentioned are not in my level but in the Techdemo.
But I will design a new level under A7, maybe something goes wrong when you copy an A6 level.

EDIT
I have made a brand new level in A7 and add some C-Script for the screen and a player.
Even now the screen keeps its default values and will not change to my desired screen resolution and to full screen.
I have no clue at all why this is not working in A7, I have no problem with this in A6.

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/15/07 15:58

frits, are you sure you started the right sed? if you use winXP and the recent used programs, it could be you started the wrong sed and thus not the right engine, just because the icons change.

it just happened to me, i got a black window , no errormessage.
maybe thats what is happening to you?

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/16/07 07:42

Yes, I use the right SED and I don't have the problem you described.

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/22/07 21:11

hi
i have a question about a7. ist the A7 engine going to be faster then tha A6 engine??
sam

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/25/07 12:24

Hi jcl, your back I see.
As a follow up for my problem I made a hollow cube in A7, put in a position and made a simple script in C-Script;
var video_mode=8; //1024 * 768 screen resolution
var video_depth=32; //D3D mode
var video_screen=1; //1=full screen, 2=window

When I build and run this the video_mode keeps its default value = 6 and the video_screen also keeps its default value = 2.

So my A7 does not react att all at the vars.
Can you shed any light on this, is it me or is it A7?

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/25/07 12:37

I don't know - I admit that your problem doesn't make any sense to me.

No one else had any problems with video modes so far, but on the other hand I can't see how someone can make a mistake with simply setting a video mode. Maybe it's a bug that for some reason only occurs in your configuration.

I suggest that you follow my first advice and check whether the problem only happens with your own scripts, or also with normal projects like techdemo. If so, please post about it on "Ask Conitec" or the bug forum and include your complete script and the acklog. That could give us a hint what's happening. I think we'll get this sorted out quite soon.
Posted By: Poison

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/25/07 12:50

hello jcl
when is the forecast updating im wating and waiting and it isnt
date up.

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/25/07 13:07

Usually monthly.
Posted By: CBSection31

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/27/07 18:23

Just a quick note that, after about two hours of testing, I am having the same problem that Sam_Be is having and also the same problem that Frits is having.

The problem Sam_Be and I are having is a compiler crash for certain levels that compiled fine in A6.

The problem that Frits and I are having is the engine not running full-screen despite our code stating it should.

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/27/07 18:43

Have not tried C-script much with A7, but with Lite-C I don't have problems running full screen or setting video modes.

Code:
#include <acknex.h>
#include <default.c>

STRING* MyAppTitle = "Yet Another Lite-C Application";

function main()
{
video_mode = 7; // 800x600
video_screen = 0;
video_window(vector(375,350,0),NULL,112,MyAppTitle);
screen_color.blue = 125;

level_load("world.wmb");
wait(2);
}

Maybe you have set the command -wnd in WED/SED/VC?
Posted By: CBSection31

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 06/27/07 19:36

^
Yup, it turned out to be -wnd for me. It was set that way by default with the new engine. Once I removed that from the command prompt, it worked fine. Thanks!

I still have the compilation crash, though.

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 07/03/07 18:51

When will 7.04 be released?

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 07/04/07 06:29

Very soon

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 07/04/07 13:47

Quote:

When will 7.04 be released?

I hope within this week.

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 07/04/07 18:14

Quote:

I hope within this week.

That has been said very often
Posted By: RobH

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 07/05/07 06:16

7.04 is since yesterday in beta test for the testers

Look here: http://www.conitec.net/beta/

Re: Version 7.03 public beta - 07/05/07 13:17

WED has a nice feature, 'Save Win Positions'. I mis that in the new MED, or I can't find it, I have to resize MED every time it starts up. Is it possible to implement this also into MED?
© 2024 lite-C Forums