Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta

Posted By: jcl

Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/07/08 13:56

A new Gamestudio update is available to daring users for a public beta test:

gstudio_setup.exe

This version contains fixes for the bugs listed for 7.07, as well as many new features such as a decal manager, an FBX importer for whole levels, a much faster light mapper with radiosity support, a faster lite-C compiler, tons of new engine functions, and Doug's new A7 template system with the T7 game engine.

The new template system allows to create an outdoor shooter in less than a minute. Tutorials can be found on the Wiki. However I should mention that the artwork and AI of this first version is still a little rudimentary, to say the least.

You can install version 7.10 as an update to your previous 7.07 version. About installing and using the new features, please read:

http://manual.conitec.net/newfeatures70.htm

Please test everything and if you find a bug, please report it to the bug forum.
Posted By: Zapan@work

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/07/08 14:21

Could not download from to following url: http://server.conitec.net/down/gstudio_7101.exe (file not found)...
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/07/08 14:23

Hurray, finished the download smile

The installer looks very professional, I like it alot grin
Big thank you for this release!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/07/08 14:26

so many new features!
Thanx a lot(ter)...
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/07/08 14:28

downloading now. also looking at the feature-list; stoked about the new features and bug-fixes.

it's been a while but this is a big update. congrats conitec, and thanks!

julz
Posted By: MaxF

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/07/08 14:33

cool smile
Posted By: Gordon

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/07/08 14:33

it worked for me. have not had time to install it yet but I did get the download.
Posted By: maglat

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/07/08 15:11

JIHAAA. Itīs time for some bloody decals.

PS: The new decal system works great. Big thx Conitec.
Posted By: mnemoniq

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/07/08 15:37

Thank's conitec !! a lot of new command
Posted By: firelord

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/07/08 17:45

is this the official realese as I went to downloads on the main site and it still says version 7.07 in downloads.if this is the case when will the official realese be.if i order gamestudio now what version will i get on the backup cd,
thanks firelord
Posted By: Stubbsy

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/07/08 18:19

can I update lite-c (full) with this?
Posted By: TTKJonas

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/07/08 20:22

Thank you very very much, Conitec!!!
Best News of the month!
Posted By: zSteam

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/07/08 20:42

woohoo a new update thx conitec for the new features und fixes
Posted By: christian

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/07/08 23:54

Originally Posted By: Zapan@work
Could not download from to following url: http://server.conitec.net/down/gstudio_7101.exe (file not found)...

I could not download with Opera, had to use internet explorer. Opera kept coming back with "cannot display content". And with IE my download was really slow, made my fiber optic look like dial up.
Maybe its my security settings.
Posted By: Rich

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/08/08 00:27

Hi, great update, thanks!

This link, from the release notes:
http://server.conitec.net/down/demo_venice.rar
is not working. Takes me to a 404 page:
"Error 404 - Not found

Die angegebene Seite konnte nicht gefunden werden."

Posted By: S3an

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/08/08 00:31

thanks for the update! i had been waiting a while!!
Posted By: ventilator

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/08/08 08:36

i still get messed up texture coordinates with the fbx level importer and the map compiler always says "texture size overrun" with my levels no matter what settings i use.

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/08/08 09:15

Some answers:

- Can not download the update: it's a large file. Check your browser security or internet access settings, or contact your Internet provider if you have that problem often.

- Can I update lite-C with this update: No, but we'll upload a new lite-C update soon, based on this engine version.

- When will it be officially released: when it's ready. Meaning when this public beta test reveals no major bugs.

- Map compiler says "Texture Size Overrun": In A6 and prior, maps were limited to 32768 different texture/lightmap/material combinations. This limit is still active for A7 although it is not required anymore. Alexej is aware of this problem and working on removing the limit. Until then, if your level exceeds this limit work around the problem f.i. by splitting it in several map entities.
Posted By: christian

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/08/08 18:02

Originally Posted By: jcl
Some answers:

- Can not download the update: it's a large file. Check your browser security or internet access settings, or contact your Internet provider if you have that problem often.

Actually the problem I experienced was with the browser. Opera just released a major update. The download page does not display correctly with the new update. the link is still active and you can click to start the download but the page looks like an error message and the link looks dead. I checked several of the download links on the gamestudio site and they are all the same. So anyone using the Opera web browser may have difficulties for a while.
The slow download speed I experienced is probably from my ISP, the net has been slow for a couple days now.
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/08/08 19:09

Uh, is it me or are there suddenly two threads about 7.10.1 public beta with exact the same posts?
Posted By: broozar

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/08/08 19:19

here too
Posted By: Quad

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/08/08 19:41

i guess it because someone made it a "universal" thread. (shown inside all categories.)

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/09/08 07:00

It was a forum bug - please ignore the second thread (or the first).
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/14/08 12:41

Many thanks for this nice update of A7 smile smile
The amount of available functions are great and very salutary.
Can't wait for the Lite-C update wink wink

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: erbismi

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/14/08 19:33

DDS textures still dont work properly with blocks frown
Posted By: Mach

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/15/08 18:53

Hi all.

I don't know if it's the good subject but since I update my 7.06 pro version to 7.10, now I have an error I havn't got before.

It's the error "Warning W1551 - Effect unsupported by hardware". And it's when the action fx_terraintex3() of the mtlfx.c which can find in the folder "gstudio7/project/shadertest" is load.

I have a geforce 7600 with directx9 and my graphic card is updated.

So i would like to know if it's a 7.10's bug and if there is a solution ?

Thanks and bye wink
Posted By: vlau

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/16/08 04:16

The fx_bump from mtlFX.c still not work
properly, my model still shown in black.

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/16/08 08:38

Mach: The "W1551" warning is a bug of all Geforce 6xxx and 7xxx drivers. It's fixed from 8xxx on. This is an issue I've recently learned. There is no real fix for your GeForce card, but the error message will be suppressed in the next update and the shader will then work again.

Vlau: For bumpmapping you need to create a normal map for your model. You'll find basic information about bumpmapping in the shader workshops. Use the shader viewer to see how fx_bump looks.
Posted By: Mach

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/16/08 11:01

Thanks for your answer JCL wink

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/17/08 01:08

Hi JCL

When I import MDL model, I can't select it or move it!

Just this one model which I converted using MED from FBX to MDL.

The woman_mdl can be selected and moved!

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/17/08 05:12

@jcl : Yes, my model already have diffuse map and normal map stored
in skin 1 and skin 2 respectively. My test level is very simple as
follow :

Code:
//
// BansheeTest.c
//
#define PRAGMA_PATH "%EXE_DIR%\templates\images";
//
#include <acknex.h>
#include <default.c>
#include "mtlFX.c";

void main()
{
	video_mode = 8;
	video_depth = 32;

level_load("bansheeTest.wmb");
}

And I've assigned the action "fx_bump" to my model "banshee.mdl"
in WED. Please tell me if there are any further steps that I need
to do in order to show the bumpmapping effect. I can send you the
test level if necessary.

Thank you.

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/17/08 09:24

The first thing to do with any such problem is trying to find the reason. You are not helpless when your project does not work, but have many possibilities to find out what's wrong.

If a shader does not work, first check the shader in the shader viewer. Then you'll see if the problem is related to your PC or your model.

If it's your model, check if the second skin is really not assigned to any triangle. If it is, the engine assumes that this skin is just another color texture and no normal map. Another possibility is that your normal map contains wrong content.

If the bumpmapping shaders don't work at all on your PC, check the video driver. Problems of this kind can be caused by installing a driver for a wrong card, or vice versa.

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/17/08 14:04

I've copied my model to the shadertest folder, rename it
to marine.mdl and run shaderTest.c, my model show up
perfectly with different shader settings.

Maybe there are some codes missing in mtlFX.c
Posted By: Spirit

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/17/08 14:30

bump.fx works here, which values have you set for vecskill41?

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/18/08 04:10

I didn't set any value to vecskill41, all I have to do
is shown on the above post.

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/18/08 08:30

Ah, this explains it then. I had overlooked that you just assigned the fx_bump action, but without setting the two variables it requires (skill41 and skill42).

The way to set the bump shader is:

action set_bump()
{
my.skill41 = floatv(50);
my.skill42 = floatv(50);
fx_bump();
}

The values affect the shader ambient and diffuse component. You can play with the values in the shader viewer. They are the sliders below the shader selector in 0..100 range.

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/18/08 17:16

why is this not coded into fx_bump action

action fx_bump()
{
my.material = mtl_bump;
}

is this stated in the manual

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/19/08 03:41

@jcl : Thank you, that work perfectly!

I'm agree with MaxF, why not hard code in mtlFX.c, or at least,
describe the usage of the above codes both in the fx_bump action
and the manual.
Posted By: Dark_samurai

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/21/08 15:58

@JCL: You said that with the new update, a compiled version of the shader viewer will be available for the public. I'm still waiting for this. Please upload it soon!

Thanks!

Dark_Samurai

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/28/08 08:13

You're right, I promised that. I'll put the shader viewer together as an executable and upload it today or tomorrow to the AU demo section.

-Vlau: the default values will be hard coded in the action for the next update.
Posted By: ortucis

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/28/08 18:50

I have a question. Are these beta updates which aren't 'public' released to all paying customers when they are being worked on? (just curious since I am thinking about purchasing the commercial version myself)

EDIT: Sry if this is way too off-topic.. which it is.
Posted By: Toast

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/28/08 19:23

Well - yes and no I guess. Initially you had to apply for being a beta tester in order to get access to the non-official betas. Nowadays it seems that you just have to own the Professional Edition for that which comes with the beta forum access (and that would be silly without access to the betas too although you should let someone confirm this to be sure)...

Enjoy your meal
Toast

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/29/08 07:37

Public betas and official updates are available to anyone, non-public betas only to beta testers. The conditions for becoming beta tester are listed at the beginning of the beta page.
Posted By: ortucis

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/29/08 09:41

Ah ok, it's written on the beta page itself, my bad. Thanks for the replies.
Posted By: Dark_samurai

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/29/08 17:37

Quote:
You're right, I promised that. I'll put the shader viewer together as an executable and upload it today or tomorrow to the AU demo section.

Hey thanks, I like it!
It looks like there is a file missing: stones.mdl. The error comes when I want to use the paralax mapping.

Dark_Samuria

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/30/08 08:53

I've uploaded a new version with stones.mdl included. You can also copy it from the shadertest folder of your trial version if you still have it.
Posted By: DavidLancaster

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/31/08 01:57

Hi JCL,

Is there any specific information available regarding the second UV set? Please excuse my lack of understanding here.

Is there anyway to import a uv as the second uv set from an external file (or does it have to be created from within MED)? Is there anyway to import an fbx file could which contains both primary and secondary uv sets into MED?

If a model has a second UV set, it is automatically treated as if its second skin were a lightmap. So where should the lightmap image file exist in the MD7 then?

Thanks.

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/31/08 09:00

You can not yet import a second UV set. You can only generate a second UV mapping in MED, and assign a skin to it that is then treated as a lightmap. Generating mappings is described in the manual.

Importing a second UV set from FBX will be implemented in the next or one of the next updates.

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/31/08 09:47

my blender level exporter supports models with two uv-sets already. you can export whole light mapped levels now for the 7.10 engine.

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/31/08 10:04

Ventilator: Can we add your scripts to the "goodies" folder? They are great contributions.

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/31/08 11:25

yes, here is a zip which also contains a readme.txt:
blender_level_exporter.zip

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 07/31/08 16:57

Thanks!
Posted By: rojart

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 08/12/08 15:37

Great thanks for the new Update. smile
Is there a possibility to disable this feature "automatic detected as a model for instance" as definition in the .imfl file?
Posted By: Locus

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 09/07/08 11:13

Script editor does not stop to breakpoints on windows vista!!!
Posted By: Christian__A

Re: Gamestudio 7.10.1 public beta - 09/08/08 09:27

Breakpoints are working fine for me on vista 64bit.
© 2024 lite-C Forums