Gamestudio 7.80 public beta

Posted By: jcl

Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/11/09 08:08

The new version 7.80 is now ready for public beta test. Please download it here:

http://opserver.de/down/gstudio_780.exe

This version contains the new GED ingame editor, improvements for the level and model importers, the begin of a lite-C library with endless terrain and vegetation functions, a screensaver example, functions for remote controlling external programs, maximize and resize features for the engine window, new angle/matrix/quaternion functions, as well as many other new features of the engine and editors.

You can install version 7.80 as an update to any previous Gamestudio/A7 version. About installing and using the new features, please read:

http://manual.conitec.net/newfeatures70.htm

Please test everything carefully and if you find a bug, please report it to the bug forum.
Posted By: pegamode

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/11/09 08:25

That's great ... download starts.
Posted By: Cowabanga

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/11/09 09:24

Oh my gosh. This is awesome, downloading. *tear*
Posted By: JibbSmart

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/11/09 09:24

Very, very excited about this one anyway, but didn't realise this would come with GED! Nice one team smile

Downloading now.

Jibb
Posted By: Germanunkol

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/11/09 09:33

" LC Error messages now indicate the erroneous function itself, rather than the function last called before the error. This makes it easy to find the problem by single stepping through the given function."
sounds like I'll be having less headaches from now on... thank you laugh
downloading.
Posted By: pegamode

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/11/09 09:39

engine_gettaskinfo works great. nice job

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/11/09 09:59

Does 3dgs Install Microsoft visual c++ redistributive 2008 (is that what it's called?) or was it something else I installed recently?
Because it was in my H:\ directory, where I didn't want it, at all. I installed 3dgs to H:\ArtTools\GStudio7\
The other thing I installed yesterday, I installed to the C:\ drive, so it shouldn't have installed that visual c++ in my H:\ drive, that's why I thought it was 3dgs...
If it does that, why? I believe I already had it somewhere on my C:\ drive anyways.

I didn't want to post this in the bugs forum cause I don't even know if it's 3dgs or something else...
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/11/09 10:20

I noticed while installing that the installer installs the redistributable with this update, although it has been installed before, AND has been installed again with the last update before this update.
A dialog, whether this already has been installed, would be nice.

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/11/09 10:37

That redistributable is necessary for using GED, apparently.

Jibb

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/11/09 13:08

Yes, the redistributable is required for GED. If you already have it on your PC, it installs nothing - at least that's how it's supposed to work. It was made by Microsoft though, not by us.
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/11/09 13:24

Maybe, the redistributable needs already as much time to prove whether everything is in place as it needs for installing. wink
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/11/09 17:53

Nice release, the features are definitely interesting smile smile

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: Quad

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/11/09 20:03

Hey Jcl,

I cannot build levels anymore i get this:

Thanks for the update.
Posted By: Locus

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/12/09 04:19

Hi Jcl,

I cannot import .obj and .dae models from WED

I have the PRO GameStudio version.

Thanks

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/12/09 06:45

Quadraxas: Maybe no palette.pcx file exists, or it can not be accessed due to some attribute setting? When you assign a palette under Map Properties, make sure that it can be found in the work folder or in the WED folder. By default, Gamestudio contains a palette.pcx in its folder.

Locus: 3DS and OBJ models should work, I tested them here successfully. I haven't tested DAE import, therefore it doesn't appear in the feature list. But it should work also, at least according to Discreet who wrote the filter.

Does the .OBJ file import in MED? If so, can you send it to Support?
Posted By: Espér

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/12/09 09:10

Very cool Update ^^
Now we just need the correct line in the error.. because searching through hundrets of functionlines to find an error.. is horrible work.

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/12/09 10:17

.OBJ import works with MED. I'll post the WED export problem to support

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/12/09 10:29

@JCL: Hey, thanks for the input. Wed creates palette.pcx which seems to be corrupted, copying over the original one works.

older versions worked fine...

why does palette.pcx needed anyway?

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/12/09 12:44

pallete.pcx is not always corrupted. I noticed that pallete.pcx causes problems only after you have imported a level from .FBX or any other format, and you try after to compile. At least this is what happens with me.

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/12/09 14:29

I had that problem, too. I just replaced the palette.pcx in the gs folder with one of my projects and it worked. (with the corrupted palette I wasn't able to build my levels)
Posted By: White_Wolf

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/12/09 22:12

Very good a new update with GED nice. Thanks

Bye
White_Wolf
Posted By: Superku

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/13/09 19:51

Thanks, nice update!

Bugs:
GED does not save "Position"s !
If I select an object, I won't be able to type in letters that are GED shortcuts (for example into the "Action" field).
Selecting a terrain (/model) without texture causes an error.
The dialog box "No correct material assigned" for the terrain paint mode pops up everytime you select the terrain, this is kind of annoying.
Posted By: djfeeler

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/14/09 11:57

Hello,

I would like test the new file a7_screensaver.c but I don't find this in the folder samples.

Thanks for your help grin

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/14/09 12:01

Originally Posted By: djfeeler
I would like test the new file a7_screensaver.c but I don't find this in the folder samples.
http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=284035
Posted By: djfeeler

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/14/09 12:15

thanks for the link ^^
Posted By: Gandalf

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/14/09 20:24

impossible to launch GED
Error Programme Config
And it's not visible in WED

OK now it works I installed A7.8 on Pc with W2k then to copy / paste folders gamestudio and winsxs on Win XP
I think that he had to miss libraries others than that distributed
Posted By: EvilSOB

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/17/09 03:27

Whaaahooo! MONSTEROUS update.
Its going to take months just to test it all.

sys_malloc, sys_free = EXCELLENT, but some form of diag function would be nice...

effect_lod = finally rid of those long-distance FPS eaters! Does this work in Commercial? Or pro only?

ent_buffers = beauty! a shortcut into the DirectX meshes.

engine_gettaskinfo, engine_getscriptinfo = definately useful...

infinite_terrain.c = requires study, but potentially groundbreaking!

All Hail Conitec!!
Posted By: Ayumi

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/17/09 12:44

I got an error about using CLIP1 and CLIP2.

An other model is clipped away as i have assigned.

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/17/09 15:06

I guess you mistyped - there is no CLIP2.

I've uploaded a new version:

http://server.conitec.net/down/gstudio_780.exe

This is version 7.80.1 that contains two fixes:

- there's no limitation with shaders on sky cubes
- the client buffer can't overflow anymore in a multiplayer system.

The overall version number is the same, but the engine should now report as 7.80.1.
Posted By: Ayumi

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/17/09 18:04

Sry, CLIP0 and CLIP1.

What s the different?
CLIP0 = 75%
CLIP1 = 50%
?
And only this 2 lines?

Thx
Posted By: XD1v0

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/17/09 19:49

Great news, thanks laugh
Posted By: Emre

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/17/09 20:17

"Sky shader problem" was solved with 7.80.1.
You're really fast.
Thanks.

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/17/09 23:02

Originally Posted By: Emre
"Sky shader problem" was solved with 7.80.1.
You're really fast.
Thanks.
Yeah, awesome work laugh At first I was worried it would be ~6 weeks before this one was out of the way.

Cheers!

Jibb
Posted By: Andreas C

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/18/09 20:36

Thanks for the update ...

I played around with GED and it appears that it does not find MDLs that are not in the same directory as the WMB ?

I have IntenseX installed and when I load a level, it tells me it can not find the MDL files.

Bug or Feature ?

Cheers,
Andreas
Posted By: Espér

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/18/09 21:02

Question:
Dunno how you planned the 2D particles.
But is there a chance to show the particles like panels ( my game is panel-tile based. ). Panel-particles would be really helpful in making fire or magic in my game.
When du you plan to release this feature?
Posted By: Joozey

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/19/09 16:02

I can't install this update. After unpacking the installer keeps crashing, and GED.exe resides in the gamestudio folder with 0kb in size...
I'm on Vista.
Posted By: Nidhogg

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/19/09 17:37

Hey Joozey, maybe not 100% on the download or your virus scanner is interfering?

That's what happens to me on some updates.

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/19/09 17:44

Indeed NOD32 is interfering when the isntaller is unpacking, it places GED.exe in quarantaine. I deactivated my virus scanner, restarted, deinstalled gamestudio, then attempted to install the 7.8 version. It unpacks fine, then starts to install, but it keeps hanging on GED.exe. The installer wont progress.

What can I do?
Posted By: JustOneOldMan

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/19/09 18:25

As soon as NOD32 quarantines GED, bring up NOD32 and tell it to restore the file from quarantine, then continue the install. Same thing happened to me...

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/19/09 18:39

@Joozey:
I have NOD32 too, and it was hanging on GED also. Just copy the installer to your Gamestudio directory and make the folder in the exclusions list.

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/19/09 19:53

Indeed that helped! Blasted antivirus isn't really shutting down when shutting it down, is it. frown
Thanks for the help laugh

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/19/09 19:55

also, installer leaves a lot of trash in main system drive directory, looks like vc++ redist install files. Better use a folder in temp directory.
Posted By: Kronos

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/22/09 14:09

Hi jcl,

I tried installing the 7.80 Beta on several XP SP3 machines yesterday and on all of them GED crashed with a "damaged application" message after the install. However, manually reinstalling the VC runtime distribution (I think I used VC2005 SP2) fixed the problem. During the install the VC2008 runtime installer was executed, so either there is something missing in the runtime or GED requires some library that is not included with the vc08 dist, I guess.

Stefan
Posted By: Tobias

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/23/09 08:58

I had no problem here with GED and XP SP3. The PC had no VC++ installed. Maybe some DLL was damaged on your PC?

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/24/09 08:41

Installer leaves VC++ redist files in main folder: We have no influence on the behavior of the VC++ redist module, but we also have no trash in the main folders of our PCs here. Maybe this is caused by something special on that PC, like having an unusual Windows folder location. Can you post a directory listing of c:\? This could give us some idea.

"Damaged application" on XP SP3 - this has certainly nothing to do with XP SP3. More likely is some missing module, however then this should also happen on other people's PCs. If someone else is also getting this error, please don't fix it but contact support. We'll send you some modules for finding out which one is damaged or missing.

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/24/09 09:09

"Installer leaves VC++ redist files in main folder"
I have the VC++ installed already, but on the C: drive, and GStudio is on the H: drive. The Gstudio installer places files (24, to be exact, many called eula.xxxx.txt, where xxxx is some number and another called Installer leaves VC++ redist files in main folder VC_RED.MSI) in the main H: folder.
I think that's what Quadraxas meant.
You must be able to say where the thing is installed? Or, if it is temporary files, why did it delete them when I install VC++ without Gstudio?

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/24/09 11:00

windows is installed on c:\ drive (as you can see.)

and Gamestudio is installed in default directory ( C:\Program Files\Gstudio7 )

using windows 7
Posted By: frazzle

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/24/09 19:33

I can confirm what Quadraxas and Germanunkol are experiencing.
After installing the new update, my C drive contained the same files as the screenshot shows wink wink
I'm using Vista Ultimate SP2.

Cheers

Frazzle
Posted By: Mach

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/31/09 12:08

Great Job for this update. But I found a Bug which doesn't exist in the previous version.

The "IGNORE_YOU" flags for the "c_move" function doesn't work.

This is my simple bullet code and the bullet entity hit the wall_ent but it should not do this. In the previous version A7.77.4, the bullet has passed through the wall entity.

Code:
action bullet()
{
  my.emask |= (ENABLE_SCAN|ENABLE_DETECT|ENABLE_BLOCK|ENABLE_ENTITY);
  my.event = bullet_staff_event;
  set(my,LIGHT|UNLIT|BRIGHT|FLAG2|TRANSLUCENT);
  while(me)
  {
    my.bullet_speed=140*time_step;
    you=wall_ent;
    c_move(me,my.bullet_speed,nullvector,IGNORE_ME|IGNORE_YOU|IGNORE_PASSABLE|IGNORE_PASSENTS|IGNORE_FLAG2|IGNORE_SPRITES);
    wait(1)
  }
}

Re: Gamestudio 7.80 public beta - 08/31/09 13:25

Your code looks correct, but I can not reproduce the problem - IGNORE_YOU works with my test projects.

Maybe the problem has some different reason, such as a wrong wall_ent pointer. Can you contact support (at) 3dgamestudio.net, and send them your project where the problem happens? They'll look into it.

7.80 was officially released meanwhile, so please post any further problems in the bug forum. I'm closing this thread.
© 2024 lite-C Forums