Gamestudio 7.85 interim version

Posted By: jcl

Gamestudio 7.85 interim version - 05/26/10 11:35

A new version is available for public beta test. You can download it here:

http://opserver.de/down/gstudio_7854.exe

This version is an interim update that fixes the bug with the -cl command line option of 7.84. It also contains the new A7 features listed on the beta page. You can install version 7.85 as an update to your previous Gamestudio/A7.84 version. About installing and using the new features, please read:

http://manual.conitec.net/newfeatures70.htm

Please test everything carefully and if you find a bug, please report it to the bug forum.
Posted By: Rackscha

Re: Gamestudio 7.85 interim version - 05/26/10 12:02

The new FBX importer does even more damage to my Mesh.
When not in anmiation mode, Bonescelet is spinned by 90 degrees.
When using multiple weights, my knee is still messed up(and it seems that with the new exporter, weights are not aplied correctly)

EDIT: oh year: and the bonescelet is damn huge when not in animation mode.

Greets
Rackscha
Posted By: Helghast

Re: Gamestudio 7.85 interim version - 05/26/10 12:10

thank you for the c_ignore, this is really something very very usefull.

regards,
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Gamestudio 7.85 interim version - 05/26/10 12:59

Rakscha, the rotate and scale things sound like results of settings in the fbx-exporter of blender. Settings that you should avoid.

Uncheck the RotX 90 and don't scale the model in the fbx-exporter of blender.
You can rotate it in Med with 'transform model global' instead: edit -> transform model global.

Re: Gamestudio 7.85 interim version - 05/26/10 13:20

No, in MED it gets scaled (miss scaled). Its not set in the fbx exporter

Re: Gamestudio 7.85 interim version - 05/26/10 14:59

JCL

Pleas excuse me. The problem was a Centerproblem in Blender(not centered).
Now everything works fine.

Greets
Rackscha
Posted By: MMike

Re: Gamestudio 7.85 interim version - 05/27/10 15:24

but this is the final update that anyone can install (its not on th download page)
Posted By: Landixus

Re: Gamestudio 7.85 interim version - 05/28/10 09:18

public beta test

Re: Gamestudio 7.85 interim version - 05/28/10 20:12

alright,. but it will be released public non beta, someday right?
Posted By: Landixus

Re: Gamestudio 7.85 interim version - 05/29/10 06:05

then the name is: gstudio_setup.exe and not gstudio_7854.exe, i think
Posted By: PietroNifosi

Re: Gamestudio 7.85 interim version - 05/29/10 14:31

The only reason I'm not downloading upgrades is that everytime I do it GED stops working correctly or even crashes.

In 7.82 it didn't show textures anymore, so for example, I couldn't place my models according to terrain texture.

In 7.85 it runs your level but as soon as you click anywhere it crashes.
Posted By: Spirit

Re: Gamestudio 7.85 interim version - 05/29/10 15:02

Its the same GED in 7.85 and in the version before. When you compare the EXE you see GED has not changed. Seems, your problems have nothing to do with the update?
Posted By: Quad

Re: Gamestudio 7.85 interim version - 05/29/10 17:06

but even if the ged exe doesnot change, it uses the newer version of the engine.

Re: Gamestudio 7.85 interim version - 06/01/10 00:56

well at least its good to know that a7 its not 100% discontinued and keeps some update.

do i wil wait for that poublic beta to turn public release
Posted By: 3run

Re: Gamestudio 7.85 interim version - 06/01/10 04:24

jcl please can you make the way we work with ent_blend easier? Most of people need smooth changing between animations, not terrible like ent_animate works frown please can you make ent_blend work like ent_animate? I mean, we just call it, and it will work smoother? Not for blending animations, but for smoother changing between them.
Code:
if(key_w)
{
   ent_animate(my,"walk",walk_,ANM_CYCLE); 
   // so it plays walking animations here
}
else
{
   ent_animate(my,"idle",idle_,ANM_CYCLE); 
   //and when it stopes playing walking animation, changing betwen frames gonna be smooth
}

Please make it that easier to us...
Thank you and sorry for my English...
Posted By: Quad

Re: Gamestudio 7.85 interim version - 06/01/10 06:27

what happens if peopole do not want smoothing?

and what is it so hard about ent_blendframe?
Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: Gamestudio 7.85 interim version - 06/01/10 13:11

Damn, 3run...

You will never get a good programer in that way...

ent_blend/frame is very to use! RTFM!

Re: Gamestudio 7.85 interim version - 06/01/10 15:39

I'm just asking for some thing like vec_set and vec_lerp. To me they work same, but in vec_lerp you can set the speed and force of the setting vector. So I'm asking for staff like that. So it can work like this:
Code:
ent_animate(my,"walk",walk_,ANM_CYCLE,0.5);
// so 0.5 is a smooth changing between animations
// but if you do not want smooth you can play with 0.5

And I already asked to help me with working with ent_blendframe, but no one carries... So what I suppose to do then? I can make simple smooth animations between walk,run and stand with ent_blend, but it is really hard for me to add more animations to it, it needs state machine, that tells ent_blend when to start and when to stop each animations.... but if I have 100 animations?? I'll need to tell ent_blend when to start and stop for each animations?! I think better just to make it easier for every one.
Posted By: the_clown

Re: Gamestudio 7.85 interim version - 06/01/10 15:47

If you have a large amount of animations, you just have to modulize your animation framework, then find a proper way to define animations with few lines, using structs for example.

Re: Gamestudio 7.85 interim version - 06/01/10 15:50

But why not make it that easier?! The way as I sad, that is gonna be the most easiest way to animate entities!

Re: Gamestudio 7.85 interim version - 06/01/10 15:54

This thread is about the A7 update - for requesting new features we have the future section. ent_blendframe is indeed harder to use than ent_animate, but the reason is technical. A7 can not interpolate more than two vertex frames. That's why blending between different scenes can normally not be smooth when you interpolate the scenes at the same time.

If you want to smoothly blend between scenes, use bones animation - there you can blend as many frames as you want, and as smooth as you want.

Re: Gamestudio 7.85 interim version - 06/01/10 16:01

jcl sorry for posting it here laugh but I use only bone animations. So how do I make smoothly blend between scenes? It is really hard to work with ent_blend frown

Re: Gamestudio 7.85 interim version - 06/01/10 16:08

ent_blend is for vertex animation only. It makes no sense for bones animation.

You do not need blending for bones because they are automatically blended. Animating is described in detail in the tutorial.

Re: Gamestudio 7.85 interim version - 06/01/10 16:10

Thank you laugh Sorry for posting this in here)) I'll post it in the future section.
© 2024 lite-C Forums