Upgrading to A8

Posted By: jcl

Upgrading to A8 - 07/19/10 07:13

Some answers about upgrading to A8:

- A free A8 upgrade is included in all A7 licenses since March 2010. If you ordered it after that date, please contact sales (at) opgroup.de for your free A8 key. In current A7 versions the A8 key is already included.

- If you ordered A7 in December 2009 or later, you can currently get an A8 upgrade at a reduced price of $199 for Pro or $59 for Commercial.

- Otherwise, you can currently order an A7->A8 upgrade at an early adopter price of $299 for Pro, $79 for Commercial, or $49 for Extra.

You can order the upgrade by email to sales (at) opgroup.de. The special prices above are valid until August 4th when A8 replaces A7 officially in the online shop. The final A8 prices will then be the same as for A7.

- If you want to upgrade from A6 to A8, or if you want to upgrade from A7 to a higher A8 edition, you can still purchase the normal upgrade in the online shop until August 4th. All current A7 upgrades contain a key file for A8.
Posted By: painkiller

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/19/10 11:42

and where do you have to contact to buy these special prices?
Posted By: alibaba

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/19/10 11:45

i think you have to contact the support
Posted By: Superku

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/19/10 11:45

Send an e-mail to "sales (at) opgroup.de" containing your real name, User ID, password.
Posted By: alpha_strike

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/19/10 11:48

@JCL:
what will be the regualar price for an update A7 to A8 pro?

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/19/10 11:49

$399.
Posted By: Lukas

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/19/10 12:48

"The special prices are valid for at least the next two weeks"
Could you please make it three weeks, or until the contest is over? Or at least give a warning before it stops?
Because if I happen to win A8 Pro, I don't want to have wasted money for A8 Com. On the other hand, if I don't, I don't want to have missed that opportunity to save money.
Posted By: Helghast

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/19/10 12:52

Originally Posted By: Lukas
"The special prices are valid for at least the next two weeks"
Could you please make it three weeks, or until the contest is over? Or at least give a warning before it stops?
Because if I happen to win A8 Pro, I don't want to have wasted money for A8 Com. On the other hand, if I don't, I don't want to have missed that opportunity to save money.

They can on beforehand make sure you don't win, if you want, so you just upgrade already grin

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/19/10 12:53

@JCL:
Is it 299 USD with our without the german Umsatzsteuer?

I think 231,0672 Euro brutto would be okay for me

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/19/10 16:13

Make it three weeks: I'll check if we can extend the period. I'll give anyway a warning before it's over.

German Umsatzsteuer: All $ prices are without VAT. It's EUR 275 including German VAT.

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/19/10 16:51

Originally Posted By: jcl
Make it three weeks: I'll check if we can extend the period. I'll give anyway a warning before it's over.

Thanks laugh
Posted By: miez

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/19/10 17:56

And how much is the German Price for the Commercial Upgrade?
And how can I find out, when I purchased my A7 Com?...
(My Memory is so bad...)
Posted By: PlayStefan

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/19/10 19:40

Hi jcl,

I bought Sybex 3D GameStudio Extra V7 in Augst 2007. Is there any special price for an upgrade, too? Probably not, I think.

BiG_F

Posted By: Aku_Aku

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/19/10 19:53

In an old topic (entry #255752) was mentioned by you, ent_save would be useful.
My opinion is same.
Can we get this new function in A8?
Posted By: Espér

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/19/10 22:14

OMG..

i will imidiatly contact the support/mail from superku.. and buy A8 pro.. *coooool*
Posted By: William

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/19/10 22:29

Awesome, looking forward to purchasing! Thanks for the discount. laugh
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/20/10 01:32

lets assume i want to upgrade my A7 com to an A8 pro, how much would that cost me?
Posted By: Quad

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/20/10 01:55

i guess,that would cost you either a brand new a8pro($899) or a7comm->a7pro->a8pro($749 + free a8upgrade) or a7comm->a8comm->a8pro($79+$749)

unless they make a discount on brand new licenses.
Posted By: Frederick_Lim

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/20/10 05:23

Quote:
lets assume i want to upgrade my A7 com to an A8 pro, how much would that cost me?

The cheapest solution -> buy the A7 Pro from me.

I sell you mine A7Pro USD 440, you add USD 299 for upgrade. $440+$299=$739.

Then you sell your A7Comm.

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/20/10 07:27

Some more answers:

- German prices: Pro 275 EUR, Commercial EUR 70; this includes VAT.

- ent_save: directly saving entities is not planned - you could use the MDL SDK for that - but saving entity mesh modifications with game_save is planned.

- Sybex A7 Extra => A8: yes, the special price is EUR 40 incl. VAT. But please wait a couple days before ordering. There are a lot Sybex versions around and we're already working trough a large bunch of Pro/Com upgrades.

- A7 com => A8 pro: The normal upgrade A7 Com => A7 Pro is also still available at the moment and includes A8 Pro.

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/20/10 07:55

@JCL, noch eine letzte Frage...
unter der Vorraussetzung, daß Sie einen möglichen Windows 7 Phones Exporter planen, wird dieser (ähnlich wie bei der Unity) extra angeboten, oder sehen Sie diesen (von mir aus) für die Pro als Update?

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/20/10 07:58

Extra, da die meisten User nur PC-Anwendungen brauchen.

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/20/10 18:26

Some more answers:

- German prices: Pro 275 EUR, Commercial EUR 70; this includes VAT.

- Sybex A7 Extra => A8: yes, the special price is EUR 40 incl. VAT. But please wait a couple days before ordering. There are a lot Sybex versions around and we're already working trough a large bunch of Pro/Com upgrades.

70 EUR for A8 Com and 40 EUR for upgrading from Sybex A7 Extra to A8 Com, cause there is no extra version at all??? Waaahh, you must be joking... please pinch me... or is this really the truth... it would be very cool laugh

btw, what does VAT mean?
Posted By: Tobias

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/20/10 19:06

You can calm down, that are upgrade prices only, look at the first post. But 40 EUR for A8 Extra is still ok because the Sybex versions are normally 69 EUR.

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/21/10 16:03

Originally Posted By: Tobias
You can calm down, that are upgrade prices only, look at the first post. But 40 EUR for A8 Extra is still ok because the Sybex versions are normally 69 EUR.

Okay, I thougt there won´t be an extra version in the future, only Free, Com and Pro... my mistake.

So, I would have to pay 40 EUR to get from Sybex A7 Extra -> A8 Extra and 70 EUR to get from A8 Extra -> A8 Com??
Posted By: Aku_Aku

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/21/10 17:26

What will be the difference between A7 Commercial and A8 Commercial in shadows?
Could you be so kind to explain?
Posted By: Rei_Ayanami

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/21/10 18:32

I updated to A7 Com from A7 Extra (won the A7 Extra before) after March - Does this also mean I can get A8 Beta for free?
Posted By: White_Wolf

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/22/10 07:52

Hi,

muss man wenn man diesen speziellen Preise für die Updates nutzen will, die User ID und das Passwort in der Mail mit angeben und an die oben genannte Mailadresse schicken? Und ist dann auch Vorkasse (sprich Überweiseung) möglich oder was sind die möglichen Zahlungsvarianten wenn man das jetzt per mail bestellt?

Tschau
White_Wolf

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/22/10 08:02

More answers:

40 EUR for A7 Extra -> A8 Extra: Yes. A8 Extra -> A8 Com is not available yet.

Difference A7 <-> A8 in shadows: A8 stencil shadows are accelerated, and A8 will additionally support PSSM shadows.

Upgrade to A7 Com after March: Yes, you'll get A8 Com for free when you contact Support. Maybe you have it already, check your key.

Zahlungsvarianten: Paypal oder Überweisung. User ID/Passwort ist nicht nötig, der Name genügt.
Posted By: White_Wolf

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/22/10 08:10

A8 Extra -> A8 Com is not available yet.

Hi,

Aber von a7 com auf a8 com ist möglich und kostete 70 € richtig?

Tschau
White_Wolf
Posted By: mpde

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/22/10 08:15

Richtig... hab gestern überwiesen.
Posted By: jeffmorris

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/22/10 10:11

I already have A7 Pro but I can't afford to upgrade to A8 Pro. Is it possible for me to get A8 Extra or A8 Commerical instead of A8 Pro?

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/22/10 10:55

Yes. You need not upgrade to the same edition, but can also upgrade to a lower edition instead.

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/22/10 17:35

More answers:

40 EUR for A7 Extra -> A8 Extra: Yes. A8 Extra -> A8 Com is not available yet.

Zahlungsvarianten: Paypal oder Überweisung. User ID/Passwort ist nicht nötig, der Name genügt.

Jetzt schreib ich auch mal fix in deutsch...

Also A8 Extra -> A8 Com gibt es derzeit noch nicht, okay.

Wieviel würde denn ein Upgrade von A7 Extra (Sybex) -> A8 Com kosten? Geht das überhaupt?

Habe ich es richtig verstanden, dass noch eine Info erfolgt, sobald die Sybex Versionen "upgegradet" werden können... derzeit laufen ja die anderen Upgrades!?

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/23/10 13:18

Für Sybex Extra A7 können Sie im Shop ein normales Upgrade auf A7 Commercial bestellen. Das beinhaltet A8.

Sybex Extra A7 auf Extra A8 kostet EUR 40 und kann bei sales (at) opgroup.de bestellt werden.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/23/10 14:03

Hi JCL, what would it cost for me to upgrade from A6 Pro to A8 pro at this time? A8 pro still comes for free with the A7 pro upgrade, right? But no additional discount in that case? Thanks.

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/23/10 14:29

A6 Pro to A8 Pro is still $399, through the A7 Pro upgrade in the shop. But there is only a short time left. The upgrades from A6 will be discontinued when A8 is officially released.

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/23/10 14:33

there will be finally three weeks of discount or only two? I'm going today on hoidays and I won't be able to buy it until I'm in home again
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/23/10 15:39

A6 Pro to A8 Pro is still $399, through the A7 Pro upgrade in the shop. But there is only a short time left. The upgrades from A6 will be discontinued when A8 is officially released.

I understand, thanks. I hope I can upgrade before that time then.
Posted By: Tempelbauer

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/23/10 17:28

Quote:

if i buy the "A6 Com to A7 Com"-upgrade before A8 is released i get A8 Com for free? i thought that free A8 is inclusive only if i buy a full version and not an upgrade

if this is possible i would get the A8 Com for nearly the half price... hm, sounds good. lets go to the onlineshop
how long is the last period we´re talking about? a few weeks? only a few days?

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/23/10 19:51

Originally Posted By: mpde
Richtig... hab gestern überwiesen.

Wie genau läuft das ab?

Man schickt ne Email an sales (at) opgroup.de mit nem passenden Betreff, z.B. "Upgrade A7 Extra -> A8 Extra"? Oder was hast du geschrieben?

Schicken die einem dann Kontodaten zu und man kann das einfach überweisen - innerhalb Deutschland oder wo geht das Geld hin?

Bitte um Antwort, dann würde ich das machen, bei 40 EUR (inkl. Steuer!?) kann man ja nicht meckern laugh

Was sind denn die Vorzüge der Extra Version gegenüber der freien? Gelten hier die Features wie für A7?

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/23/10 20:02

Also der Hauptvorteil der Extra ist wohl, dass der Code "richtig" zur Exe kompiliert wird. Wenn du mit der Free Version publishst, ist der Code frei im Ordner und wird jedesmal am Anfang kompiliert.

Ansonsten gilt zumindest für A7 das hier:
http://www.conitec.net/german/gstudio/order7.php
Posted By: mpde

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/23/10 20:15

Originally Posted By: BigFaischty

Wie genau läuft das ab?

Man schickt ne Email an sales (at) opgroup.de mit nem passenden Betreff, z.B. "Upgrade A7 Extra -> A8 Extra"? Oder was hast du geschrieben?

Schicken die einem dann Kontodaten zu und man kann das einfach überweisen - innerhalb Deutschland oder wo geht das Geld hin?

Bitte um Antwort, dann würde ich das machen, bei 40 EUR (inkl. Steuer!?) kann man ja nicht meckern laugh

Ja so geht das... du bekommst dann eine Nachricht mit den Kontodaten/Zahlungsmöglichkeiten zum überweisen (innerhalb Deutschland).
Wenn der Betrag dann gutgeschrieben ist gibt es den Key, kann aber je nach Bank/Zahlungsmöglichkeiten bis zu 2 Tage dauern.

mpde

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/23/10 20:20

Originally Posted By: mpde
Originally Posted By: BigFaischty

Wie genau läuft das ab?

Ja so geht das... du bekommst dann eine Nachricht mit den Kontodaten/Zahlungsmöglichkeiten zum überweisen (innerhalb Deutschland).
Wenn der Betrag dann gutgeschrieben ist gibt es den Key, kann aber je nach Bank/Zahlungsmöglichkeiten bis zu 2 Tage dauern.

mpde

Vielen Dank, dann schreibe ich mal eine Email laugh
Posted By: Tempelbauer

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/23/10 20:29

und ich nehm ma an, wenn ich mir im shop noch schnell ein A6 auf A7 Com upgrade kaufe kann ich mir meinen A7 key runterladen
und dann muss ich ne mail schicken "Upgrade A7 Com -> A8 Com" und meinen usernamen mitschicken und bekomm dann kostenlos den A8-key?
oder wie läuft das genau?
Posted By: Carloos

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/24/10 02:39

Long time away from here, I can see there´s a lot of good news !

For what I understood, If I buy my upgrade to A7 now I will get A8 for free ???

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/24/10 04:05

well, nevermind, I wrote tooooo desesperately laugh

The answer is yes laugh

Edit : Already bought a7, i´m soooooo happy laugh
Posted By: Rondidon

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/25/10 13:45

hey Carloos, welcome back. You may not remember me, but I remember you and your planet profile picture. Hope to see some new games or apps from you soon laugh

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/26/10 20:13

Hi Ron, Thankyou for the cumpliments.

I´m happy to be back, I miss this place laugh

Hope all we get new and nice games and apps with a7 and A8.

I´m really happy to be here again.

Best Regards
Posted By: Valdsator

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/31/10 15:11

Originally Posted By: Superku
Send an e-mail to "sales (at) opgroup.de" containing your real name, User ID, password.

Our forum username and password, or some other User ID I'm not aware of?
Posted By: Sajeth

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/31/10 15:57

Originally Posted By: Valdsator
Originally Posted By: Superku

Our forum username and password, or some other User ID I'm not aware of?

Of course not. The username and pass that is shown in your WED info.
Posted By: Valdsator

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 07/31/10 16:14

Ah, thank you.
Posted By: Frederick_Lim

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 08/01/10 15:31

Originally Posted By: Frederick_Lim
Quote:

The cheapest solution -> buy the A7 Pro from me.

I sell you mine A7Pro USD 440, you add USD 299 for upgrade. $440+$299=$739.

Then you sell your A7Comm.

I know that A8 will release soon, I am still selling my A7 Pro license for USD 440. That is good for cross-upgrades from A7 Com to A7+A8 Pro edition.

If no one interest I will hold it for 3 years, then I think A9 will release and see will I upgrade to A8/A9.

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 08/04/10 12:36

I sent yesterday an e-mail to sales@opgroup.de with my info but I haven't received and answer yet.

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 08/04/10 14:15

They answer normally within 12 hours. If you don't get a response, please check your your email account and your response address - if in doubt, email them again. It's not much time left because all the early adopter and special price offers, and the possibility to upgrade from A6, expire today.
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 08/04/10 16:36

It's not much time left because all the early adopter and special price offers, and the possibility to upgrade from A6 expire today.

Does this mean that its still possible to order a special price offer?
Until midnight?

EDIT:
Okay, got the confirmation from the sales support! laugh
Posted By: ratchet

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 08/04/10 23:22

Well it's one hour after midnight, i haven't got the PC until now, so i missed the special offer just about some one or two hours frown

Re: Upgrading to A8 - 08/04/10 23:46

If I was you, I'd still try. You can bring forward the argument that on GMT-12 it's still Wednesday (until 2 PM CEST). wink
© 2024 lite-C Forums