Zorro beta test announcement

Posted By: jcl

Zorro beta test announcement - 01/02/12 15:53

Zorro will be available for public beta test by the end of January.

Zorro is supposed to take money from the rich and give it to the poor. When used in huge numbers, it can redistribute wealth globally and make the world a better place - at least, that's the theory. Details can be found at http://zorro-trader.com.

As Zorro uses lite-C, Gamestudio users are potential beta testers. If someone is interested in testing Zorro, please contact us by email under info (at) opgroup.de. Please include your true name and full address, and the info if you have traded before or not. The beta version is not for download, it will be sent by email.

The focus of the Zorro beta test is not earning money, but developing strategies. Although the beta version is already able to trade with real money, better wait for the official release with that - otherwise a little bug can make a huge dent into your bank account...
Posted By: TerraSame

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/02/12 17:26

Now that looks darned interesting....
Nice work on the "Online Manual".
Goooood luck to everyone...
laugh
Posted By: JeyKey II

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/03/12 16:53

Frage, Feststellung 1:
Kann man mit ZORRO auch Aktien handeln ?

Frage, Feststellung 2:
Um keine wichtigen Käufe/Verkäufe zu verpassen, scheint es wohl sinnvoll zu sein, eine USV für den "ZORRO"-Rechner zu installieren, oder? (Stromausfall)

Frage, Feststellung 3:
Der "ZORRO"-Rechner muss wohl ständig mit dem Internet verbunden sein? Wie sieht die "Strategie" bei einem regionalen Internetausfall aus? (kann ja mal vorkommen)

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/03/12 18:13

Nein, Zorro handelt keine Aktien, denn Handel mit Aktien kann nicht vernünftig automatisiert werden.

Eine USV ist nur nötig, wenn Sie in den USA oder einem ähnlichen Entwicklungsland leben. Normalerweise läuft Zorro auf einem Laptop, so dass kurzfristige Stromausfälle kein Problem sind. Wenn der PC ausfällt, macht Zorro nach Neustart einfach weiter. Wenn das Internet ausfällt, wartet Zorro ab, bis die Verbindung wieder da ist.
Posted By: Lukas

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/03/12 19:41

When I first opened the page, I looked somewhere in the middle and this was the first sentence I saw (and the first thing you see always gives you the first impression of something):

Quote:
Since two decades, traders can use the Internet to access the financial markets.

I kinda feel an urge to post this link:

http://www.englisch-hilfen.de/words/since_for.htm
wink
Posted By: Tobias

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/04/12 10:29

As far as I understand it, trading strategies are tweaked so that they work with past price curves. But how is it guaranteed that they also work with actual prices for which they were not tweaked?
Posted By: HeelX

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/04/12 12:06

You suggest a minimum amount of start capital of 2000 €/$. What happens if I use a low start capital to "test" it, like 100 or 200 €?

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/04/12 12:29

- Trading strategies that are tweaked to past price data must indeed be tested with a different data set for making sure that they also work with real trading. This is a nontrivial problem. Zorro uses an approach called Walk Forward Optimization - you can find details under "Training" and "optimize".

- The current minimum capital for the Z1 and Z2 strategies is $4000, but we hope to get this down to about $2000. When you test it with $100, your chance to lose them is almost 100 percent. Zorro calculates a minimum capital for every script, and that capital is really required. When you just want to test, you can do that with a demo account.
Posted By: Damocles_

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/04/12 12:42

whats the endpoints of Zorro? EG:

-where does the trading realtime /historic trading data comes from
-and over wich platform are the trades actually executed? (and what are the fees in this case)

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/04/12 12:44

Originally Posted By: Damocles_
whats the endpoints of Zorro?

99999.999 € smile JK

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/04/12 12:47

Zorro's lite-C uses double as standard variable type, so it's sort of hard to have more on your account than covered by the variable range. If you have, you probably won't need Zorro.

Details about the platforms can be found in the "Broker" chapter of the manual.
Posted By: Damocles_

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/04/12 12:52

If its open source I will write a zombie zorro that pushes the stockprice of my pennystocks by making other users demand it more.
Posted By: Lukas

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/04/12 17:11

WTF? Zorro uses double, a floating-point variable for keeping money? So if I have a big amount of money, and get 5 cents, I still have the same amount of money because of the limited precision?

I don't care how much money I'd really have to have for that to happen, I'd rather use a 64bit integer keeping the amount of money I have in cents. That way I can always be sure my money can't be destroyed by the effects of floating points and still have up to 92,233,720,368,547,758.07€ (if it's signed).
Also, I'm pretty sure banks don't use floating point variables.
Posted By: WretchedSid

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/04/12 17:26

Agreed with Lukas, floating point variables, even double precision, just aren't for book keeping There are some excellent libraries out there for keeping track of values without the loss of precision (for example in boost)

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/05/12 09:51

If it were a matter of personal taste, I would also rather use a 32.32 fixed point variable for money. But this would not be appreciated by other people who want to do serious financial math. Zorro must follow the standard of professional finance APIs, and can not care about Lukas' or my dislike of floating point variables.
Posted By: Rackscha

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/05/12 19:09

Originally Posted By: jcl
If it were a matter of personal taste, I would also rather use a 32.32 fixed point variable for money. But this would not be appreciated by other people who want to do serious financial math. Zorro must follow the standard of professional finance APIs, and can not care about Lukas' or my dislike of floating point variables.

Ah now thats where the important money goes in the wolrd: Eaten by floating point precision grin.

Seriously, have you a link to some financial Api manual?
Would like to take a look into that ._.

PS: For use, we have to register an account AND put money online? is zorro theoretical to test? Need a bit more ninformation o.O
Posted By: Spirit

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/05/12 22:34

Will there be more tutorials about the other functions besides lowpass filters?

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/06/12 10:10

Partially. There are too many indicator or filter functions to cover them all in tutorials. But there will be two more tutorials about strategy optimizing and portfolio strategies.

- Writing a trading script is quite different to writing a script for a game. Trading scripts are much shorter and you can see immediately if they are successful or not. On the other hand, trading scripts require more understanding and logical thinking than game scripts. Participating in the beta test makes only sense for people with lite-C experience. They should be able to understand the documentation at least to the degree that they know what the software does and can ask specific questions.
Posted By: Sajeth

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/10/12 10:45

This SO looks like a scam - count me in!

Edit: "You'll reveice the program
by email in about 2 weeks."
Oh jcl you little rascal, you gave me hardwood.
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/11/12 11:31

So once again you need money to make money. If I had 4 grand, I wouldn't need zorro to make money-.-

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/11/12 14:01

Originally Posted By: sPlKe
So once again you need money to make money.

Either that, or work. wink

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/11/12 15:48

Originally Posted By: sPlKe
If I had 4 grand

Getting 4 grand in first place may not be that easy, but it definetly ain't hard. Also, that money isn't going to just stay with you, you'll be spending it. And that's the point were Zorro would be useful.
Posted By: sPlKe

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/11/12 17:47

getting 4 gradn is hard for me, because that would equal to four months of living - what i spend it for.

so in the end, you only make money if you have money. again, this is how the world works. the hard part is it to get the starting money, the rest is easy...
Posted By: ventilator

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/11/12 18:33

you not only need 4 grands, you need 4 grands you can completely squander without getting a crying fit afterwards. laugh
Posted By: Paul_L_Ming

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/12/12 05:55

Hiya.

What would be nice is if there was a "slow, steady and simple" script in Zorro that allowed us "not-so-rich" people to start with, say, $200 or $300. Zorro would be *much* more cautious, for much less gain...but, after, say, a year of running it, there would be a good chance of having $1k or more. Then, if the person wanted, they could 'up the risk' in Zorro a bit; using that $1k to possibly make that $4k in another year. Rinse, repeat. Each time someone felt more confident or had more money, they could 'up the risk'.

Me waiting 2 years to get $4k? Sure thing! I mean, that cash would just be sitting there and I could go about my normal "real work and family" life. I'd MUCH rather have a nice, slow and steady income than risk $4k in the virtual blink of an eye. If I lost it over that two year span it wouldn't hurt nearly as much.

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/12/12 07:49

Zorro is already about slow and steady income. You won't be going from $200 to $1000 in just a few months.
If it would hurt you to lose that money, don't invest it. Basically it's gambling nonetheless.

And I still don't really get why it should be free in the end.

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/13/12 11:08

At the current time, you can not trade with a capital of less than about $2000-$5000, dependent on your strategy script. This is not a restriction of Zorro, it is a requirement of the broker who demands a minimum margin of about $100 per trade. Due to the return fluctuations you'll then need several 1000 $ for trading safely. You can read details about that in the Zorro documentation.

Future Zorro versions will support special accounts with micro-lots. Then you can indeed trade with a few 100 $. This is intended for families in poor countries that can not afford a normal broker account.

With the beta version you better don't trade anyway - so this is only a theoretical restriction at the moment.

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/13/12 13:05

will it run on linux?

if it has to run 24h a day it would be nice if it could run on a raspberry pi (which only needs 1 watt and is noiseless).

(edit: i forgot that lite-c would also have to support arm cpus. :))

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/13/12 13:19

JCL, are you using Zorro yourself? Future Gamestudio development could benefit from that... smile

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/13/12 14:12

Originally Posted By: ventilator
will it run on linux?

I bet $4k that it will run with Wine grin

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/13/12 14:13

no, it won't work on the raspberry pi. wine can't emulate a different cpu architecture.

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/13/12 14:15

I didn't mention the raspberry pi though wink
Posted By: alpha12

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/18/12 15:15

I don't know whether this is a joke or not but from this page : http://zorro-trader.com/en/ta.htm , it looks confirmed, if it's a jokes/sarcasm it's a great one grin.
If this is real how is it work for multiple of trading platform ? such as meta trader 4/5?, does it just grab pixel for each trading platform ? or there is some kind of 'bridge'/scripts/connection for each trading platform?

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/19/12 12:43

Every serious trading platform does offer an standarized API...

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/20/12 13:52

i have no clue about all of this but aren't politicans currently thinking about introducing higher transaction taxes or something? won't this affect zorro if small transactions get too expensive?

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/20/12 14:13

The transaction tax will not affect Zorro. It is stepped around by all brokers.
Posted By: Rondidon

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 01/20/12 21:50

Interesting.
Posted By: PHeMoX

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 02/01/12 15:30

Yeah, quite interesting indeed. laugh
Posted By: nomis23uk

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 02/12/12 10:13

just read through the website very interesting in deed.

I suppose the correct question to ask is has anyone currently made any money from this?

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 02/13/12 13:31

That's not really the correct question, as Zorro itself does not really generate money for you. Rather, it is a tool that allows you to write a script that generates money. Same thing as with Gamestudio, which also does not produce a game for you.

Ok, you can use the included strategies, but as they are long-term, we're the only people who have so far earned substantial money with them.
Posted By: ratchet

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 04/03/12 07:41

but as they are long-term, we're the only people who have so far earned substantial money with them.
So Conitec can now hire more programmers to improve 3DGS laugh !
Posted By: jweb

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 05/24/12 18:42

Hallo,

eine Frage. Kann ich Zorro auch mit deutschen Tradern einsetzen. Ist die Schnittstelle irgendwie "genormt" oder worauf muss ich da achten ?

LG

JW

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 05/25/12 05:18

Sie meinen vermutlich mit deutschen Brokern. Wir empfehlen natürlich FXCM, der eine deutsche Brokerzulassung hat. Es geht aber auch jeder andere Broker, der eine API-Schnittstelle anbietet.
Posted By: jweb

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 05/25/12 15:06

oh da habe ich aber wohl in der englischen Anleitung was falsch verstanden dachte das ist ein US/GB Broker.
Ist es denn richtig das dieser nichts dagegen hat die Testphase zu verlängern bzw. sich mehrfach neu anzumelden.
Ich habe mich aufgrund der Software die mich sehr interessiert etwas informiert und mir wurde meist gesagt ja Testzugang geht mit "Spielgeld" aber halt nur mit dem Ziel das sie danach einen echtes Konto mit richtigem Geld anlegen. Da habe ich dann erst gar nicht weitergefragt mit Verlängerung usw.
Fakt ist das ich das schon etwas länger testen will um erfahrung auch mit der Programmierung zu sammeln, denke unser A8 c ist das eine aber auf der anderen Seite muss man ja schon etwas von der Materie verstehen oder sich einarbeiten.

LG

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 06/08/12 13:09

Die Testphase kann durch Eröffnen eines neuen Testkontos beliebig verlängert werden. Der Broker empfiehlt dies selbst in seinen Seminaren, also kann er nicht allzu viel dagegen haben. 1 Monat reicht zum Testen normalerweise nicht aus.
Posted By: FBL

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 08/08/12 17:57

http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/unterne...n-a-847969.html

Zorro went live?

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 08/09/12 08:06

I can only say that we recently found $440M on our bank account. I have no idea where they came from.
Posted By: MasterQ32

Re: Zorro beta test announcement - 08/09/12 08:11

epic comment is epic laugh
© 2024 lite-C Forums