BIG Problem

Posted By: jermaine

BIG Problem - 07/28/07 21:00

I know i have been asking alot today.

But I recently updated my gamestudio from 6.4 to 6.6.

I when i ran my level It went back to the trial version.

I dont have my keyfile anymore (no Key.exe)
So I tried redownloding my keyfile from the link in my email. I got 3DGS in 5/2006.

The link doesnt work it directs me to a loan site or something.

then i searched forum and found that if i still have the password file
I can regenerate a new keyfile from the bin/ACKNEX.exe
When i click on that I get a message thats says cant compile script.

So what can i do next? to get a new keyfile.
Posted By: Orange Brat

Re: BIG Problem - 07/28/07 21:53

Completely uninstall A6 including deleting the folder. Make sure to BACKUP anything in there you don't want to lose. After that, reinstall the A6 demo and then install the key.exe contents into the newly created GStudio6 folder. Then, download the 6.6 update and let it do it's thing.

If you've lost your key and password then....

Quote:

Q. I've lost my key disk or key file, and forgotten my password. Can you send me another key file?

A. If you still have a valid Gamestudio installation, you can re-build your key file. It's a ZIP archive containing the files password.txt, ackutl.dll, bin\ackutl.dll, and bin\acknex.exe in your Gamestudio folder. You can find your password in the password.txt file.

If all is lost, you can order a new key in our online shop. Please give your name and address, and the original purchase date.

ALWAYS back your key.exe file to CD/floppy and keep it someplace where it isn't going to get lost or stolen.

Re: BIG Problem - 07/28/07 22:01

thanks
ok well i lost the key but i still have the password file.

I cant find where I can order a new key at. I went to the order page and i cant find the placewhere i would get a new key.

Re: BIG Problem - 07/28/07 22:09

woo its ask for $25 dollars?

i really got to pay that?

Re: BIG Problem - 07/28/07 23:01

http://www.coniserver.net/ubbthreads/sho...true#Post742308

is this correct do i have pay or what?
Posted By: Nems

Re: BIG Problem - 07/28/07 23:12

Yes, Conitec gets too many lost key replacement requests and now charge a small amount to re-issue your key file. Beats having to pay out in full for another version.

Re: BIG Problem - 07/28/07 23:16

o well that stinks, all because i upgraded to 6.60.
They could give A7 then since i would wind up spending over $70.

Re: BIG Problem - 07/29/07 04:50

Upgrading to version 6.60 has nothing to do with your situation. Not backing up your key file and losing it is the reason why it happened. I've had a key file for 3DGS for 8 years, and I haven't lost it once, nor any keys for any software for that matter, so I don't understand how anyone can lose these things if you take care to do the right thing and back up your purchased software. If you pay for something, you should make sure to back it up or very bad things can happen. So, don't blame a new version of 3DGS or Conitec for your misfortune. Take a look in the closest mirror.

Re: BIG Problem - 07/29/07 05:39

yup o well. thats life i guess. I should have seen this coming. With my luck, luckily i didnt pay for any of the more expensive versions.

Either way i'm not paying $25 more dollars for this.
So i guess i maybe uninstalling.

thanks everyone for help i did get here. The little time i was here.
Posted By: xXxGuitar511

Re: BIG Problem - 07/29/07 06:52

I lost my key_file as well, but at least I already have A6.6 running...

I'm sure it's on one of my ~50 cd's in my bottom drawer with random crap from the past. But what is this about recompiling a new key_file? How does this work, I didn't quick understand the above quote...
Posted By: testDummy

Re: BIG Problem - 07/29/07 17:02

If you are stuck with a trial version of A6 but have access to some of the files from a previous unlocked version of A6, maybe you just need the following?
(Similar to the contents of an old key.exe extract-n-replace file?)
*acknex.exe (from an earlier unlocked A6 version)?
*ackutl.dll (from an earlier unlocked A6 version)?
*password.txt
Try to replace acknex.exe and ackutl.dll from the trial version with the acknex.exe and ackutl.dll from an earlier unlocked A6 version. Then try to dump password.txt into the 3DGS install folder.
If this works, and something similar probably should, you might want to create a directory called key, in your 3DGS archive folder, and dump the relevant files from the latest version you are currently using into that key directory for future backup purposes. I suppose then, you might try to find the time to burn such backup material to disc later, or copy it to a backup drive.
Posted By: D3D

Re: BIG Problem - 07/29/07 19:24

There is no use in copying password.txt to your GStudio6 directory. You only need this file for when you are going to download the updates from Conitec website. Don't understand what you mean with generating your own keys. That is really not possible. Also the current price is $25.- USD for a new key. Consider it as a administration fee. In the end you are responsible for backing up your digital goods.

* Newer A6 updates don't use the bin directory anymore. acknex.exe and ackutl.dll go in GStudio6's root directory.

Re: BIG Problem - 07/29/07 20:21

Quote:

If you still have your original password file, then why don't you just "rebuild" the key file as stated in one of my earlier posts (I quoted how to do it from the support page):

Quote:

A. If you still have a valid Gamestudio installation, you can re-build your key file. It's a ZIP archive containing the files password.txt, ackutl.dll, bin\ackutl.dll, and bin\acknex.exe in your Gamestudio folder. You can find your password in the password.txt file.

I've never had to do this, but if those are the files required to unlock the demo, then why not reinstall an old copy of the demo (don't use the newest demo) and copy the files from that ZIP over to the 3DGS root folder? Of course, this is assuming you still have your old installation that once worked correctly and those files are present.
Posted By: testDummy

Re: BIG Problem - 07/29/07 20:38

Yes, I am well aware that it may not be necessary to copy password.txt to the 3DGS install folder.
I did not do thorough testing and examination in this case, or at least I'm claiming that I have not.
The 'dated', pseudo-accurate information I provided was from memory, two constructed key files found in a 3DGS archive directory, and at least one source.
This is the source 'remembered':
Quoting jcl (Conitec) from how do I get my key.exe again...
Quote:

However, if your password.txt still exists and you still have the files ackutl.dll and bin\acknex.exe in your Gamestudio folder, you can re-create your key yourself. It's just a ZIP archive containing those 3 files.

This is only slightly different from the quote posted by Orange Brat.

In reference to the jumbo-sized icon image, yes, I believe that is correct, the directory / file structure of an old key.exe might 'accurately' be:
Code:

ackutl.dll
ackwed.dta
bin\
acknex.exe
ackutl.dll
ms\
cpi01.dll
password.txt

This is outdated information...!?

Re: BIG Problem - 07/29/07 22:31

Quote:

Quote:

If you still have your original password file, then why don't you just "rebuild" the key file as stated in one of my earlier posts (I quoted how to do it from the support page):

Quote:

I've never had to do this, but if those are the files required to unlock the demo, then why not reinstall an old copy of the demo (don't use the newest demo) and copy the files from that ZIP over to the 3DGS root folder? Of course, this is assuming you still have your old installation that once worked correctly and those files are present.

I said tried that but i get a cannot compile script error.
But I dont really care no longer, I'm not paying $25 Dollars to use software I already bought.
I know yall trying get as much profit as yall can but you are not getting anything else from me.

I can get some of the same results from other engines.

But like I said Thanks for the little help I did ask for, when i was here. But I'm done here.

Thanks Again
Posted By: D3D

Re: BIG Problem - 07/29/07 22:44

You don't compile a script it's just copy the files to another directory and create a archive. Anyways sorry to see your getting all upset because of your own mistake. Guess when you buy a car and loose your keys, you must pay for them too. You think because it's just software it can be created again and again, but someone must do that work and that someone needs to get paid

While I fully understand the "I already paid" part of your story. You forget you've also received your software and key after payment. What you do with it is your responsibility. Nobody here is trying to make as much profit as they can from you. The only people responding atm are members and they try to help.

Have you tried to call/fax/email support about this? Maybe Conitec can help you without the payment if you explain in detail what happend and that you can't afford to pay another $25.- USD. I'm not saying they will do so, but if you have not tried yet. You might want do this before giving up so soon.

Re: BIG Problem - 07/30/07 01:27

Quote:

I know yall trying get as much profit as yall can but you are not getting anything else from me.

No one here is making a profit. We're users, not employees.

I've provided the answer on how to obtain your key.exe file, for free, two times, now. Copy the files mentioned in the "rebuild your key" quote above into another folder and create a self-extracting (meaning it'll be an EXE file) zip archive called key. If you copy the correct files, you should have a brand new key.exe and for free.

Re: BIG Problem - 07/30/07 02:05

Just tested it out and it worked, not a prob.
However, the copies I had made when I compiled my 'home made' key turned the 6.40 demo into 6.60 full!
You might want to have a fresh set of files to make your own key file if you wanted to upgrade to a downgrade

Re: BIG Problem - 07/30/07 02:08

@ D3D
I have a house and multiple sets of keys for it.I take care of the keys to my house, better then a keyfile sorry.
I just didnt think I would need the keyfile after I used it. And If I did Thats why I kept the email.

Also I apologize if I am sounding ignorant, just a little upset.
Anyway Thanks for allthe feedback I will try the advaice above, again I maybe doing something wrong.

Thanks again

Re: BIG Problem - 07/30/07 05:20

I just lost my username/password...

Is there a fee to get this. I don't need the keyfile as i can build one myself (i have a valid install :b )

...I'd like to be able to download the updates when they come
Posted By: Doug

Re: BIG Problem - 07/30/07 10:45

Creating a new key isn't as easy as looking up a file. They have to verify that you are a legal owner, remove your old username/password from the database, use the key-generator software to re-issue a key (with watermarking), and update the database to accept the new password. The whole process takes twice as long as the original order (plus you now have two watermarks associated with you).

Quote:

I just lost my username/password...

I can't say, but I can tell you who to talk to.
Send an email to "contact (_at) conitec.net" and they'll let you know.

Re: BIG Problem - 08/01/07 05:27

I'm going to go through some of those CD's first. I'd prefer not to bother conitec/pay for a new key file (which I need anyway) when I can [hopefully] find it myself.

...Thanks anyways Doug. I appreciate the guidance.
Posted By: Nidhogg

Re: BIG Problem - 08/01/07 06:55

I always make at least 2 backups of my stuff. and print out any all emails that concern passwords, serials and the like and store it all together in a folder. You never know when an HDD crash or the like will happen. I've only needed to request a new key, serial etc a few times over the years due to not having a chance to backup before the incedent or the HDD failed the very next day ..

I was happy to pay for a new key, serial. In one case I even got a new serial for an updated verion wich would've cost me more to upgrade.

It's the same all same all, Always remember to backuup your files as often as you can. If even to flopp disk, 1gig memory stick or even another HDD even if it's a second hand cheapie..

Best of luck xXxGuitar511 and Jermaine

Re: BIG Problem - 08/04/07 00:14

In my case (over the last two years) that method failed me as everything went into a lockup storage facility and I could'nt access it.

Perhaps another form of backup service could be used then like emailing yourself the file on one (or several) of the persistent free email provider services.

Thank God for Conitecs re-issue service, without it, I would only have just got my stuff out of storage and begun catching up around two months ago.
Posted By: lostclimate

Re: BIG Problem - 08/04/07 00:48

Quote:

You never know when an HDD crash or the like will happen

I definately know what you mean, I may have lost out on a $150 contract because my hdd just screwed up, im trying to reload windows on a separate partition just to see if i can access the files from it.... and i was almost finished...., not to mention If it doesnt work, if lost out on 2 years of code, music, movies, model collections/creations etc... yeah it sucks. luckily I saved my key to an attachment in my emails, so i can never lose them.

Re: BIG Problem - 08/05/07 01:25

sh*t, I lost >$500 on projects, and over 5 years of projects...

I was even making a Newton template system to sell. It had several different weapons, where you could input the bullet caliber and speed to get proper end-force on an object. An improved car template with more options, and ability to change the center-of-gravity (to prevent rolling, withm more drifting). Plus the option to control tire friction which was hidden inside the code.
You had already seen the player (in my signature). I never got around to improving that too much though - There were a few other things I made as well, but there's no point in continuing...
Posted By: Nidhogg

Re: BIG Problem - 08/05/07 10:51

Know what ya all mean. I used to run a Bulletin Board Service back in the day. I had it all looking and running real smooth.
Over 500 members. Anyways, I was to lazy to do backups and such back then thinking ah nothing will go wrong. BAD MISTAKE..
It still took quite a few more loses etc before I became smart and started to do regular backups..
© 2024 lite-C Forums