Very strange problem with A7

Posted By: Edgecrusher

Very strange problem with A7 - 12/26/07 18:09

So, the problem is following:

I created a level using the car project templates, built the level with my own models and tested it. Ok, works fine I thought.
Well, I published it via the pulish button, double clicked the executable. Ok, so far, so goo. Then I see the startup screen, and after thats finished, it just shuts itself down with the windows error sound

I don't know where the problem is, and I don't believe I've did anything wrong. My machine is not the only one thats suffering from this. I've tried it on several other machines, same problem.

I use A7.06 commercial

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thank you in advance

P.s.: Merry christmas, althoug its a bit late
Posted By: Edgecrusher

Re: Very strange problem with A7 - 12/27/07 15:21

Anyone know what the problem is?

Please help me, I'm really desperate to know
Posted By: Pappenheimer

Re: Very strange problem with A7 - 12/27/07 18:45

Most probably there's something missing, a file which is created or morphed within the script, something like that.

From the manual:
"level "levelname";
All entities from this map file are automatically included into the published game folder or the resource."

Search in the scripts for 'create' and 'morph', and 'bind' them:

From the manual:
"bind <filename>;
The given file will be copied to the game folder by WED's Publish function, and included in the game resource by WED's Resource function.
Remarks:
Only for special purposes; all files given between angular brackets will be included anyway. You can define any number of bind files."
Posted By: jcl

Re: Very strange problem with A7 - 12/28/07 09:34

Yes, I also suppose that some file is missing or different.

You can also check out the acklog.txt. It often helps to find the reason for such a problem.
© 2024 lite-C Forums