Engine, Plugin sdk license

Posted By: D3D

Engine, Plugin sdk license - 02/18/08 03:21

In the A5 days i've purchased a license for GameStudio SDK. And because i'm now working very often with the plugin sdk, wanted to purchase a license for A7 engine/plugin sdk. So that I do not have to publish the source code.

Not that I would mind to share, but in some cases (sources from books) i'm not allowed to release the original code to the end-user. Creating something new from it is not a problem though.

So my request to Conitec: Would it be possible to purchase a SDK license for same price as the old license in the future. Not the commercial SDK license from the Shop, but A license that only allows to release freeware engine extensions, but not have to include source code? The source can be shown to Conitec like it was done in the past.

I know if i'd would create a plugin and sell it to 100 people for 1 dollar I can purchase the license. I have money enough to buy a license anyway, but since i'm not releasing anything commercial feels like i'm wasting money.
Posted By: jcl

Re: Engine, Plugin sdk license - 02/18/08 14:19

I see. When the plugin is free, it will be sufficient when you include your own source - the part you've written yourself - plus a description of which other software products you have used and where to get them. This is not 100% in fulfillment of the license conditions, but it's ok with us as long as the plugin is free.
Posted By: D3D

Re: Engine, Plugin sdk license - 02/20/08 05:05

That is good news thank you very much. It's not always forbidden to distribute the plain source, but in some cases it is. Problem solved as i'm only creating freeware.
© 2024 lite-C Forums