License Lite-C

Posted By: Julientdc

License Lite-C - 03/01/08 15:48

Hello,

I want to create a game, I use the free Lite-C version but I want to know if when I will finish my game if I buy the full Lite-C version, does my sources will be compiled? Because I have all my sources in ".c" files when I publish with the free version. What does the Open Source license mean?

Thank you,
Julien
Posted By: Joey

Re: License Lite-C - 03/01/08 16:05

that's what the open source license means. you have to give away your code when publishing.
Posted By: iuselitec

Re: License Lite-C - 03/01/08 16:15

i think the "open source" license is only meant for the plugin/engine sdk and not about lite-c code.

the free lite-c doesn't compile your code into an exe but always compiles it on start up. your code will be visible to others. it isn't possible to hide it.

the full lite-c doesn't have this limitation and you aren't required to share your code.
Posted By: FBL

Re: License Lite-C - 03/01/08 17:18

That's why free Lite-C is "free".
If you don't want to share your code I'm afraid you have to buy a full Lite-C license.

Standard strategy. Try it, have fun with it. If you want to earn money with your application, if you want to hide the code, then you have to pay. But as far as I remember full Lite-C is quite affordable.

I'm not sure what your original question was, but take a look at the chart her:
http://www.conitec.net/english/gstudio/order7.htm

"Compile to exe"
Posted By: Julientdc

Re: License Lite-C - 03/01/08 18:38

ok thank you all, I understand now what the open source means
Posted By: JustOneOldMan

Re: License Lite-C - 03/01/08 18:41

Quote:

Standard strategy. Try it, have fun with it. If you want to earn money with your application, if you want to hide the code, then you have to pay. But as far as I remember full Lite-C is quite affordable.

Lite-C is very affordable, and from what I've seen so far (just getting into it) I'm not sure why I don't see more comparisons between it and systems like DBPro and Blitz. It seems to be a very strong package in its own right - aside from the direct conection to A7. Without wanting to hijack this thread I'd like to see someone more knowledgeable than me do some sort of feature comparison between the three, just for the benefit of people who are trying to make that decision. Just doesn't seem like Lite-C gets the attention it deserves.
Posted By: tindust

Re: License Lite-C - 03/01/08 19:04

Quote:

I'm not sure why I don't see more comparisons between it and systems like DBPro and Blitz.
Just doesn't seem like Lite-C gets the attention it deserves.

It will. Lite-C is still young. Less than a year since its official release.
© 2024 lite-C Forums