WMP Documentation?

Posted By: DJBMASTER

WMP Documentation? - 09/06/09 16:04

Is there any decent documentation on the wmp format? The one on the wiki is confusing and doesn't explain much.

How do other apps add support for Gamestudio's wmp format? It would be great if there was a definition like the one for the .wmb format, because i can read/write wmb's no problem.

At the moment all i want to do is to be able to write a wmp file that has a .mdl at the origin. Then i can pass this to wwmp2wmb.exe to create the wmb level.

Thanks.
Posted By: Enduriel

Re: WMP Documentation? - 09/08/09 10:35

bump
Posted By: jcl

Re: WMP Documentation? - 09/08/09 10:43

WMP is not a fixed format and a documentation would not be useful. Use the SDK for writing or reading WMP files.

Re: WMP Documentation? - 09/08/09 10:50

K, i'll check it out...

Re: WMP Documentation? - 09/10/09 01:52

I didnt want to start a new post so i'll ask it here...

When you are passing arguments to wwmp2wmb.exe, where does it look for the .$$w file?

I keep getting "CRITICAL ERROR Couldn't open testmap.$$w no such file or directory".

I have testmap.$$w in the same folder as the .$$m and i placed it in GStudio7 to make sure, but i still complains it cant find it.

Any ideas?

Re: WMP Documentation? - 09/10/09 08:35

Both files must be in the same folder as the WMP file (I believe).

Re: WMP Documentation? - 09/10/09 08:56

Nope, still produces the "CRITICAL ERROR". wwmp2wmb.exe doesnt depend on .wmp does it, it only uses the $$M file.

Anyway, i've found a workaround by writing the absolute path of the wad and palette into the $$M file, so it will find it anywhere.

Re: WMP Documentation? - 10/05/09 14:28

Where is the documentation on the structure of a WAD file? I know that it's also used in games like Half-life,quake, etc but it states that the GameStudio format is slightly different and i'd want to work with that format.

Re: WMP Documentation? - 10/05/09 14:55

Yes, the WAD format is different to Quake etc. I check if I can put together a description. But you don't necessarily need the WAD format, as WED also supports textures put together in a folder.

Re: WMP Documentation? - 10/05/09 15:57

Thanks, that would be very helpful. I know WED can use textures in a folder, but this is for my level editor written in C# and i'd like to support the WAD format.

Thanks again.

Re: WMP Documentation? - 10/27/09 12:50

Any development on the WAD definition?

Thanks, DJB.

Re: WMP Documentation? - 10/28/09 07:03

Not yet, Wladimir is currently working on something else with priority. So it can take some time. I've not forgotten it though.
© 2024 lite-C Forums